Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 4

Old 11-06-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
Yesterday was my one year anniversary. I actually forgot about it until I got into bed last night.
It feels good, a whole year. Sober living just feels normal now, and life is better.
I've got more money, my family life is better and I have peace in my life.
Congratulations Apophylite, so very proud of you. You deserve a big pat on the back.
Tell us a story on how you did it. How did you ignore the triggers, stick to your plan, your supporters etc.
Good for you, friend.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Siesta, is today your day?

Happy anniversary!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Yes it is!!! Thanks Gilmer!!! Big plans today. Hubby surprised me with a new stand up paddle board, so we're headed out now. Then breakfast by the water, then dinner at one of our favorite places in downtown LA. I'll check in later
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Yesterday was my one year anniversary. I actually forgot about it until I got into bed last night. It feels good, a whole year. Sober living just feels normal now, and life is better. I've got more money, my family life is better and I have peace in my life.
Just what I needed to read. I drank again on Friday. I am resisting giving up and need a word with myself. I want the peace & money you talk of.

Starting again. Hope everyone else is well.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Oh sazzle make today your new start. You can do this, one day at a time!
Rick h asked me to share and if it helps you sazzle then that's great.
I came here a while back sick and tired of being broke, hungover and not emotionally present for my family. I went seven weeks and then convinced myself I could moderate. Huge mistake which ended in the mother of all hangovers after a horrendous black out. I joined the November group broken and not entirely convinced I had to give up completely. Days turned into weeks and then months and I started to realise I was happier than I'd been in a long time. I had energy and I slept properly at night. I was no longer continually broke or in arrears with bills due to spending all my money on wine. My marriage grew stronger, my relationships in general improved. I am in control and I feel strong. I no longer miss the buzz I prefer the peace. The quiet moments where I think about how lucky I am.
In this time I have watched my cousin and her husband who are both alcoholics sink further down their drink sodden hole. House a disgusting mess, grown up children who can't be bothered to visit anymore and the lies they tell themselves to justify their drinking serve as a stark reminder of what I was on the road too.
Misery is found at the bottom of a wine glass for me, happiness is inside.
Join the new November thread sazzle, you won't look back! I have sober friends for life in here.
Rooting for you x
Old 11-10-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Siesta - big huge fat congrats, happy sober birthday my friend!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Siesta you are fabulous. So happy for you. One year of many more to come living the good life. Without the added hardship created by the booze, anything is possible.
Congrats to you dear. Well done.

Rick
Old 11-10-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Thanks Rick & Apophylite!!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Sazzle!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Oh sazzle make today your new start. You can do this, one day at a time! Rick h asked me to share and if it helps you sazzle then that's great. I came here a while back sick and tired of being broke, hungover and not emotionally present for my family. I went seven weeks and then convinced myself I could moderate. Huge mistake which ended in the mother of all hangovers after a horrendous black out. I joined the November group broken and not entirely convinced I had to give up completely. Days turned into weeks and then months and I started to realise I was happier than I'd been in a long time. I had energy and I slept properly at night. I was no longer continually broke or in arrears with bills due to spending all my money on wine. My marriage grew stronger, my relationships in general improved. I am in control and I feel strong. I no longer miss the buzz I prefer the peace. The quiet moments where I think about how lucky I am. In this time I have watched my cousin and her husband who are both alcoholics sink further down their drink sodden hole. House a disgusting mess, grown up children who can't be bothered to visit anymore and the lies they tell themselves to justify their drinking serve as a stark reminder of what I was on the road too. Misery is found at the bottom of a wine glass for me, happiness is inside. Join the new November thread sazzle, you won't look back! I have sober friends for life in here. Rooting for you x
Thanks so much & whoops! I posted in the wrong November class! Day 4 here and I've found my home November Class. Thanks all for the advice & welcome. This place, and you guys, are awesome.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

One year today! Feeling good about that. Perrier all day long. Maybe even the grapefruit or lemon Perrier. Really going all out.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Congrats Rick, you should be really proud. Your posts are always inspirational to others
Old 11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Rick

D
Old 11-12-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Big congrats Rick!!!! You're awesome!!
Old 11-14-2014, 03:13 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Belated congratulations, Rick! Sorry I missed it!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rickh54 View Post
One year today! Feeling good about that. Perrier all day long. Maybe even the grapefruit or lemon Perrier. Really going all out.
Congrats Rick!
Old 11-15-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Nov. 16--today it's my turn!

Old 11-15-2014, 10:20 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Gilmer

D
Old 11-15-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Congrats Gilmer!!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

How did I miss this! Congrats gilmer you're a rockstar!