View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Sazzle

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
Oh sazzle make today your new start. You can do this, one day at a time! Rick h asked me to share and if it helps you sazzle then that's great. I came here a while back sick and tired of being broke, hungover and not emotionally present for my family. I went seven weeks and then convinced myself I could moderate. Huge mistake which ended in the mother of all hangovers after a horrendous black out. I joined the November group broken and not entirely convinced I had to give up completely. Days turned into weeks and then months and I started to realise I was happier than I'd been in a long time. I had energy and I slept properly at night. I was no longer continually broke or in arrears with bills due to spending all my money on wine. My marriage grew stronger, my relationships in general improved. I am in control and I feel strong. I no longer miss the buzz I prefer the peace. The quiet moments where I think about how lucky I am. In this time I have watched my cousin and her husband who are both alcoholics sink further down their drink sodden hole. House a disgusting mess, grown up children who can't be bothered to visit anymore and the lies they tell themselves to justify their drinking serve as a stark reminder of what I was on the road too. Misery is found at the bottom of a wine glass for me, happiness is inside. Join the new November thread sazzle, you won't look back! I have sober friends for life in here. Rooting for you x
Thanks so much & whoops! I posted in the wrong November class! Day 4 here and I've found my home November Class. Thanks all for the advice & welcome. This place, and you guys, are awesome.