Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 4

Old 08-14-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that the new manager is easing things up a little bit. Also glad that the medicine is controlling your lupus!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer!
It's been a bumpy few months work wise with a terrible manager, then no manager and me working 56hrs a week. Starting to settle down now.
At least whatever life throws at us can be dealt with so much easier in sobriety. Each sober day is a blessing!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Ta-da! Today is nine months for me!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Yay! Well done gilmer, you are awesome
Old 09-11-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

How are we all, it's very quiet in here lately. I don't use SR as much as I did in the beginning. I'm so busy with work that I don't get a chance and I just live as a sober person these days, I don't really think about much and my drinking days seem a lifetime ago.
We are soon to be moving house, our landlord has sold ours but we are moving to a nicer property so it feels like a real fresh start for me. A house with only good memories made, not drinking and blackouts and rows. I'm excited.
I have also been approached by another hotel to work in there spa probably as assistant spa manager which is a step up from my current role as head therapist. It's very flattering as they are restructuring their spa to create the position for me. I'm not sure I'll definitely take it as I think once I have a firm offer my current workplace may come back with a counter offer. That is what I'm hoping for anyway. Our hotel general manager has spoken about me being the next spa manager which would be amazing when out current guy leaves. Lots to think about.
I hope you are all well and sober x
Old 09-11-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you apophylite

D
Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Either prospect sounds great, Apophylite! Glad you're doing well!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
My apologies for being absent for so long.
Yesterday was my 10 month mark. Feeling quite good and healthy. Lost about 10 pounds the last couple of months. Had a great summer with the kids, grandkids and friends.
Lots of time spent at our rec property.
10 months into my recovery and I think about drinking every single day. Some days I wake up thinking about going for a beer after work.
We are leaving for Europe on Friday with my cousin and his wife for two weeks in Amsterdam, Bruges and Paris. My cousin and I were great drinking pals when ever we got together in Vegas or S Cali. over the years. He still is a heavy drinker.
I am concerned about this trip. Not concerned about slipping but concerned about how I feel about not being able to have some wine with the other three while sitting on a patio in Paris watching the people go by. Damn I have pissed my self off. How did I let it get to this point. I want to be a social drinker so badly. Woa is me! Poor me!!
I am mad but I will not fail. I promise you that.
I will check in with you all when I get back Oct 4.
Gilmer, congrats on your 10 months coming up in a couple of days. Good for you brother.
Enjoy your weekend folks
Rick
Old 09-13-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 10 months Rick.

I'd think of this not as a loss or a deprivation but as a great opportunity you have to see and experience Europe...clear headed and sober.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it
Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi, Rick. Congratulations on your 10 months!

Have you told your cousin that you're on the wagon? Better to have him on your side helping you not to fall rather than have him confused and wonder why you're not joining in.

Oh and BTW--I'm a girl!
Old 09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the androgyny club Gilmer

D
Old 09-13-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hi November class,
It was totally worth popping in here today to catch Rick call Gilmer "brother"! Made me smile
Congrats to all of us hitting the 10 month mark!

Rick, I know how you feel about wanting to be a social drinker. Sometimes I feel the same, but then I think about how booze affects me. One would never be enough. I don't know how to drink socially without stopping, and I would start focusing on the booze instead of the people and the trip. Have an Arnold Palmer or something yummy and hang out with everybody, but be clear headed and healthy. You'll enjoy your trip so much more without the booze.
Btw I'm leaving on a trip Friday also. Going to Italy for 10 days. I've already told the people we'll be staying with that I won't be drinking thru email, so I won't have to do it in person. They made me feel very comfortable about it already, saying that whatever my reasons, good for me. Most of the trip will involve a lot of bicycling anyway, so drinking doesn't mix well with that and I can just say it's for my physical health. I plan to fully enjoy and appreciate every moment of this trip, and I'm super grateful to be sober and able to do it at all.
A year ago was a really dark time for me with a relapse. I had gone on a trip to Mexico and wasted all of my time drinking and being hungover and remorseful, and then starting the circle again. After that wasted trip, I decided never again. I can't wait to really enjoy myself and the beautiful sites instead of getting lost in booze.
Have a wonderful, sober trip Rick! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I hope both of you have a really great time abroad!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Hi, Rick. Congratulations on your 10 months!

Have you told your cousin that you're on the wagon? Better to have him on your side helping you not to fall rather than have him confused and wonder why you're not joining in.

Oh and BTW--I'm a girl!
Thanks Gilmer, Why didnt I know that??? So sorry.
Yes, cousin is aware that I am not drinking so I will have his support, however, it wont stop him from wanting to stop for a drink or 4 every afternoon and evening.
Thanks all for the well wishes.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Have a great trip siesta, and you too rick. At least you'll be sober and able to make great memories!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hi guys, checking in! I officially had a year booze-free and in recovery on the 13th. I'm trucking along. Nothing huge to report! I'm just trying to be patient and continue to turn my will over to my higher power! Much love!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Br00ksie

D
Old 09-16-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Awesome news brooksie, great job!!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

That's great, Br00ksie! Congratulations!

I have 10 months today. I'm getting up there!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Congrats Brooksie!!

Congrats Gilmer!!