View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Snaggle

Morning all - great to hear from you again Panache - glad you are feeling better - I missed you xx Mind you I haven't been posting much either and have had a lot of things to deal with in my head. I have kept up with your posts but have missed the support and the craic that I got from being actively involved. I guess I didn't feel it was 'right' to be involved when I wasn't being honest. I see you all clocking up the sober days with total admiration. That will be me soon

We have family coming to stay this week for about 6 weeks!!! This will be hectic - but good. They are drinkers, a couple more so than the other one. However, I know that I will not be tempted while they are staying as I would not want to 'let myself down' or let them see what I can be like when I just sit and drink on my own - I won't get the chance if they are there

I have posted a link below for anyone who would like to have a read. It may not be to eveyone's taste and I don't want to depress anyone but it really hit home with me - its a very powerful read. Its written by a young lad from Ireland who is battling cancer for the 3rd time - he is only 16 and it looks like this time he will not recover. However, the strength of character and determination, the positive attitude and total will to beat this awful disease is truly inspiring. It really made me feel totally ashamed of myself - at how I get angry because I can't have a drink etc etc - It made me sit up and think how lucky I am that I am only battling my addiction to alcohol - something I have the power to overcome unlike Donal who is figthing a fight that he is ultimately not going to win.

Sorry to bring the modd of this usually very upbeat group down - but this really hit a chord with me.

Can't wait to catch up with all the Marchers again - Toots, Shoes A0S, BP, Mick, Dee, Panache, Mr B, JC, Geek, SJ, Natty, Sandgirl, Marcher (love the pic), Phebe, North, June, ElizMarie, Kelly and anyone I have missed - what a great group xxxx

Donal Walsh: 'I wanted to live, to play for Munster, to travel the whole world' - Independent.ie