View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Geek033113

Shoes...yep, kindred spirit here. Since I lost my hair, I accessorize with shoes and earrings to the extreme. Makes me feel good about myself. (My hair is coming back now. It's been 22 months. I have small baby fine hairs in places that have been skin bald for months. I hope to go without hats and scarves in the next six months or so. I posted my story early on in this thread. Hair Loss and Alcoholism?)

Weight loss: I'd been trying to get healthy for a while without giving up drinking but decided there was no way to do that. I gave up sodas a while ago and that started the weight loss. I gave them up completely...especially those with artificial sweetners because those things will kill you. I also started drinking protein shakes because alcohol robs our bodies of proteins and energy. The energy boost from the shakes is amazing, I really enjoy them.

For those who are struggling...and love to read, I recommend the book, Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell. You can read it or listen to it whichever is more convenient. It's not about alcoholism so to speak but about falling face forward and getting up again. Its an easy read and I loved it.