Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 9

Old 01-12-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Hope, don't dwell on the little slip. Sounds like things are tough for you at the moment, I know how difficult it can be when it feels like the odds are stacked against you. I hope things improve for you my friend.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hope - the answer to that is no, but you get that already. I understand how you feel - and I know I would feel the same in your situation.

It is cliche, but think it through. All the way through. Play the movie to the credits in your head. The ending is always the same. Embarrassed, shameful, angry, sick and tired. After all your sober time I'm sure you have no interest in feeling that way again.

This tactic has been a life-saver for me ... especially with a full mini bar humming away I'm my hotel room for 2 days. It taunted me - and I actually yelled at it - but thankfully my tool box and all I've packed in it allowed me another sober trip. I'm amazed that in the face of temptation and massive emotional stress I've been able to keep it together.

If I can do this, so can you. You are living a sober life. Don't go back to a drunken one. It ain't worth it. So you drank...now you are sober. Take that and be proud and keep it movin'. Just because you had a weak moment does not discount the fact that you have lived the past 8 weeks without alcohol. So now it's 8 weeks -1 day. Pretty impressive for an alcoholic. I'm proud of what you have accomplished and more proud that you came here and fessed up. Half of this battle is unloading our secrets. They are heavy and weigh us down. Move ahead lighter and take away some lessons from this episode about how to avoid it in the future
Old 01-13-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

nothing changes if nothing changes Hope....unless it changes for the worse of course.
I think there comes a time when we have to draw a line in the sand?

D
Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Morning,

Tough weekend. Keep on fighting.

Good words of advice IWW,JimUK. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hope, how ya doing today? If your AV is anything like mine it will start playing tricks with you...especially about counting days. Let it go. You did great over the last 8 weeks and you will continue to do great things. You belong in this September group and a new "day one" does not take away your success. Stay strong. We're here for you...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWillWin View Post
It taunted me - and I actually yelled at it
IWW - I have done the same thing. It's funny. But not. And it worked for me!

Hi everyone,

I've been keeping up on this thread but haven't had time to post. I've been keeping myself busy...being productive, not so productive, spending time with friends, enjoying live music, spending time with the kiddos, going to meetings.

I'm doing well...last week was 4 months for me.

I've had a few challenges ~ but I have realized that my first thoughts of resolution are not wanting to grab a drink. I am so grateful.

I'm kinda in a funk right now...but I know how to use the tools to get myself out of it.

I had a meeting with my sponsor on Thursday. Talked for 3 hours...working through my 4th step of AA. We'll be meeting again this week to finish up and get through my 5th. It's affecting me more than I thought it would. I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was. ;-) But, this is necessary. And I know it is going to help bring me to a better space. My heart hurts right now but it's ok. I need to acknowledge and accept. Process the feelings and then allow them to move on. It sure isn't easy but I remind myself that crying isn't always a bad thing. I feel lonely at times, but I'm certainly not alone.

So grateful for my family, friends and my online resources for support and growth.

Thanks to all of you for being here and sharing your journeys. We will persevere. :-)

~T
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

((((September group))))) Thank you for all the kind comments, I really appreciate the support. I'm mad at myself, but I'm moving on Geeze I can completely understand what a slippery slope this can be. Its scary. Have a great evening / day everyone!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Morning all. Glad you're feeling more positive hope!

Well I made it through the weekend to podium day. Hooray, that's 2 in a row no stopping now. Have a great day.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Good podium Monday morning,

We are goimg to have a great week.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Podium Monday for me too. Nice to check in with you all.

Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Morning all, nice to see everyone here on the podium.

Made some changes today to my class schedule for next semester, I was able to add an elective in practice in alcoholism and chemical dependency. (I'm in a social work program, if i haven't mentioned that before.) I don't graduate for another 2.5 years, but assuming I am still sober by then and feel like I have my sht together enough, becoming a substance abuse counselor is an option I've considered. Thats far down the road, we will see what happens, but I think the class will be good for me.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Happy podium Monday, everybody.

134 days sober for me, unbelievable, if you knew me 134 days ago you would never guess I could go 134 hours sober never mind 134 days.

It is all thanks to you all on here, THANK YOU

To all my class mates who are struggling a little,I know some of you have really tough issues going on just now and I pray that everything turns out OK.

Alcohol is not the answer, If I can stay sober, you can do it too, I really mean that, I used to be so weak when it came to booze, now, there are no urges and I feel in complete control.

Please, please, please stick with it, you know we can all stay sober together.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Nice weekend, great meeting this morn, registered for the OCAAC in March and on the podium. Life is good.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you podiumites

D
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Proud of you guys/gals !!! Proud to be part of this group !!!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Hope everyone has a good one today.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Morning all, thanks for your encouragement Well91 it's much needed today.

Have a great day all
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good morning September friends.

Dee, I love that word Podiumites...

Jim, hang in there. let's just push through this 24. I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning wondering why so many really tough things are being thrown my way at one time. I don't have an answer. S**t just happens. Drinking won't help. I think prayer will. Perseverance. We can do this.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good Morning (actually afternoon) all!

Well, hit the big 4-0 yesterday! Had an amazing weekend! Opted out of the typical bash that most have for their 40th. Coming from the past party girl, that is huge. I had a few people ask about a party & could actually see the disappointment in their faces when I said it wasn't happening. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was odd, I'm the one turning 40. But whatever.

Instead, my husband and I put on our fancy pants and he took me out for an amazing dinner & 1 night get-a-way to a beautiful hotel. Stayed sober, got plenty of sleep, woke up refreshed & feeling great. He then surprised me with a trip to the jewelry store where I got to pick out a beautiful bracelet!! I actually teared up in the store...it takes a lot to surprise me, but he managed to do it.

We actually joked about how good we both were feeling Monday morning. If the typical party would've happened, neither one of us would've remembered half the night, and would've been sicker than dogs. I'll take a quiet, romantic get-a-way any day over that nonsense!!

You know how people will sometimes ask if you 'feel any different' when you've hit a certain age? 21 (drinking age of course), hitting your 30s, 40s, 50s and so on? I always thought that was kind of silly...I never felt 'different'. Just another day older, ya know? Well, this time I can honestly say that I 'feel' different! In a wonderful way! I'm totally excited about my 40s...ready for the ride!!!

Everyone have a wonderful, safe & sober day!
I plan to!
Jaz
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Congratulations Jaz and Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good birthday and best gift of all - no hangover!:day1