# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of September 2012 Part 9

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html

D
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a horrible situation in New Town, these sort of things happen too often.

Prayers from all over Scotland to the poor people affected, we had something like that at Dunblane a few years ago, just pure evil.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning from Scotland.

I came in from work yesterday to a letter.

It was a fixed fine of £150 for being drunk and disorderly before a football match in July.

Depression kicked in, I started feeling sorry for myself then some old ways of thinking kicked in. I needed some booze, poor me.

I then thought, Friday night, time for my usual Chinese take away.
I phoned the restaraunt to order and pay by credit card.

Both of my credit cards were denied. Poor me again.

I had money in my wallet, so I drove down to pick it up.

On my way back up, I crashed into the back of another car who had braked because somebody had cut in in front. Poor me once again.

Now, in the past, I would have taken a right turn, went to the off licence and bought wine and beer or wait till I get home opened one of the bottles I got from my contractors at work and got blitzed. Poor, poor me.

However, as my dear mother used to say, "what is for you, will not go by you". :ghug3

If I had not been arrested in July at the football I would not have made the decision to stop drinking.
Waking up in a prison cell is one of the worst experiences you could get, especially when you don't remember, how, why or when you got arrested.
(trivial when you see the situation in New Town).
In all my time boozing, I used to drive in the morning after boozing all night and never had a single crash or got caught drunk driving.

Here I was sober for 104 days and in a bump with my car, (it wasn't serious but gave me a fright), the car in front had a small child in the back seat and I was more concerned about the child.

I did not give in to my self pity, I did not even think about going for drink, I just went straight home with my chinese meal.

It has became clear to me now that I neither need or want alcohol at all.

I am amazed that I feel this way and would like to thank you all for the support on this web site.

I can drink if I want to, I just don't want to.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning all and TGIS (Thank God it's saturday!)-

Jaz- Such good news about your son and so heartwarming. I had a similar situation with my oldest adult son last week...He hugged me and told me "I love you Mom and I'm so proud of you." I almost cried.

Thanks for such a positive post! No matter how long a person has been sober, "slips" can happen. It's picking ourselves up and getting back on the horse that matters most. It's nice to know there is a place to go where we feel welcome and encouraged to keep trying and never give up. And this is the place!!

Looking forward to tommorow (my day off). Christmas shopping is DONE!!! Yay! now it's time to start preparing to cook all my christmas goodies.

Oh! BTW, an interesting thing happened at work yesterday. A fellow worker, told me how she and others have noticed a big difference in me. I am much calmer, more focused and more positive. She said it must have something to do with the fact that I haven't been drinking my "Monster Energy Drinks". (They raz me about them all the time).
All I could do is smile and say thank you. What she doesn't know is, it's not the "Monster drink" I gave up...it's the booze.

Have wonderful Day all!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well91 glad your ok.Man talk about some triggers! You did good.
Keep at it, 104 is really something.

Morning all,off to work.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really proud of the way you guys are meeting the challenges and moving forward

great stuff!

D
Old 12-15-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Brilliantly done Well!

Sunny, I am still laughing at the “Monster” drink! What a great play on words…

My son just got home for Christmas, and my daughter gets home today. My youngest is SO HAPPY to have them back. Tonight I will give them extra, extra special hugs. I am having a hard time processing the events in New Town. Ya know, I spent years learning to build walls to keep hurt at bay…so when I heard the terrible news, it was like reading a bad headline. “Oh how sad.” But when it became quiet last night and again this morning, empathy set in and I broke. The hurt and grief caused by this is so wide and deep! I pray for peace for those poor people having to cope with this.

Hugs September friends.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YVR well said about the tragedy in New Town. My heart breaks for those families.

Jaz that was a great story about your son. I'm glad he apologized the next day, that must have been a great feeling. My ex has two girls (lived with him), I was with him from when they were in jr high to their first year in college. That was an education in itself lol

Well91 sorry you had a bad day but you handled it very well thats a victory in itself! You should be proud.

Sunnyflower, thats funny about your "monster" drink. Its amazing how not drinking changes your outlook. Things are not perfect but, geeze life is soo much better without the "monster" drink

Benice I'm glad to hear your kids are home. I don't have children, but I can imagine having them home after what happened yesterday makes it all the more precious.

Ozark have a great day at work, and thanks for your daily posts. It helps me a lot. Hopefully with your new position you won't have to work so many weekends!

Have a good sober day everyone! Dee hope your doing well, thanks for everything you do, keeping up with all of these boards, I don't know how you do it.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is good to hear so many positive noises coming from you all, well done.

After the Friday from hell, I woke up sober again and am having a sober Saturday.

I decided not to go to Edinburgh for Motherwell v Hibs, (we won 3 -2).
The normal day would have been, down to the train station, carry out for the train, (wine and beer for a journey lasting 1 hour 20 minutes), crisps and sweets for my daughter.
I would have met my pals on the train to share our booze, then when we got off the train we would have went direct to the pub for more lager.
Most of the matches I have went to throughout the past few years I have not remembered as I had blacked out. (Dangerous enough on my own but 10 times worse with an 8 year old daughter with you).
I will go to games in future but will not have any drink and be a responsible parent.

It is only now, when I look back on my life and realise how irresponsible I have been,

NO MORE

I CAN DRINK IF I WANT TO, I JUST DON'T WANT TO.

We are the Champions. You are all brilliant, stay strong.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

morning check-in,
off to work.
hope all have a good day.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning Ozark and September friends.
Off to church.
Have a great day!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! Celebrating 90 days sober today. It's weird because I stopped having drinking dreams awhile ago but last night I had a dream I was still back stuck in that cycle, pints of vodka stashed away and my brother and sister were out here and caught me drinking and said "you never go past 90 days, scott you need help!" It was a crazy dream. It's like the AV knows today is 90 day mark and got into my dreams just to mess with me. I haven't been sober this long for 7 years. Anyway it was a sign telling me to stay humble and remember where I came from. I haven't "beaten" alcoholism. On that note I've missed you guys how is everyone??
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Left hook congrats! It's so great to hear you're at 90 days

Checking in from the airport on my way home. Had a great time in Florida, still sober, will post more later. xo
Old 12-16-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all

Grateful to be sober on a Sunday afternoon here.

Wow , I know that feeling Well91 on getting by the scrapes when we know we could have done far worse...way worse. One of my old time buddies had a son....yes past tense due to drink and drive. No fine was paid , just the highest price was all......I am amazed I survived some of my craziness. Staying on the path when the crap happens isn't easy for sure but the old thinking and ways got us right where we started off just a few days ago...the feeling once all the crap passes and the drink has not been part of things is a reward in itself.

Glad to things go well Sunny and I know I sure look physically different than three months ago all bloated but dehydrated, dried out and dry skin and hair...and defeated mentally , spiritually and with little hope. Its early days but just a glimpse of life on life's terms for the good , which is good , and the tough which is tough but not permanent sure has a lot going for it within myself and with my dealings with others. Living one life instead of a few fragmentary lives each day makes it easier to be a bit more human and able to smile or laugh with others at the right times and be compassionate and helpful also at the right time.

So be three meetings for me today as I just don't want to isolate with my own head and self too much. Hope everyone is having or had a good Sunday and wish everyone another 24 clean and sober.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats LH

D
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey all! Dropping in to say hey I'm still sober! Good to hear all the great news.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you too drybuss

D
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats LH 90 days thats awesome, glad to hear you are doing well!

Hello drybus.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Morning to you all!

It's podium day and another morning waking up sober. 107 days. Yay!

Today, I'm am going to try to quit smoking. I put a nic. patch on last night and so far no cravings to smoke. This addiction is going to be another tough habit to break. It sucks having an addictive personality. (sigh)

I decided since AA and the 12 step program has helped me quit drinking maybe I can work the program to stop smoking. Any how I'm going to give it a try.

LH- Congrats! 90 days...Way to go!

Drybuss- Glad All is well with you!

YVRguy-Dealing with life situations and people are so much easier now that my mind is able to think more clearly. I also understand the need for the meetings
on regular basis. I go at least 6 times a week and sometimes two a day (on my days off).
When I can't go, I feel it.

Well91-Wow! Glad to hear you pulled through with flying colors on your "Friday of hell". It's so encouraging to know that drinking does not have to be an option to deal with the pressures and stress from those kinds of days. Glad you shared it with us!

SBTS- Happy to hear your Florida Trip was a good one!

Everyone - I'm glad to have you all whenever I need encouragement, support, humor and compassion at the touch of a keyboard....especially during this "Holiday Season". You are all such a blessing!

xoxox
Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Podium Momday morning!!!
Congrats to all.
LH,Drybuss,really great to hear from you.