View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
jaz06

Good Morning (actually afternoon) all!

Well, hit the big 4-0 yesterday! Had an amazing weekend! Opted out of the typical bash that most have for their 40th. Coming from the past party girl, that is huge. I had a few people ask about a party & could actually see the disappointment in their faces when I said it wasn't happening. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was odd, I'm the one turning 40. But whatever.

Instead, my husband and I put on our fancy pants and he took me out for an amazing dinner & 1 night get-a-way to a beautiful hotel. Stayed sober, got plenty of sleep, woke up refreshed & feeling great. He then surprised me with a trip to the jewelry store where I got to pick out a beautiful bracelet!! I actually teared up in the store...it takes a lot to surprise me, but he managed to do it.

We actually joked about how good we both were feeling Monday morning. If the typical party would've happened, neither one of us would've remembered half the night, and would've been sicker than dogs. I'll take a quiet, romantic get-a-way any day over that nonsense!!

You know how people will sometimes ask if you 'feel any different' when you've hit a certain age? 21 (drinking age of course), hitting your 30s, 40s, 50s and so on? I always thought that was kind of silly...I never felt 'different'. Just another day older, ya know? Well, this time I can honestly say that I 'feel' different! In a wonderful way! I'm totally excited about my 40s...ready for the ride!!!

Everyone have a wonderful, safe & sober day!
I plan to!
Jaz