View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
twestlie

Originally Posted by IWillWin View Post
It taunted me - and I actually yelled at it
IWW - I have done the same thing. It's funny. But not. And it worked for me!

Hi everyone,

I've been keeping up on this thread but haven't had time to post. I've been keeping myself busy...being productive, not so productive, spending time with friends, enjoying live music, spending time with the kiddos, going to meetings.

I'm doing well...last week was 4 months for me.

I've had a few challenges ~ but I have realized that my first thoughts of resolution are not wanting to grab a drink. I am so grateful.

I'm kinda in a funk right now...but I know how to use the tools to get myself out of it.

I had a meeting with my sponsor on Thursday. Talked for 3 hours...working through my 4th step of AA. We'll be meeting again this week to finish up and get through my 5th. It's affecting me more than I thought it would. I guess I'm not as tough as I thought I was. ;-) But, this is necessary. And I know it is going to help bring me to a better space. My heart hurts right now but it's ok. I need to acknowledge and accept. Process the feelings and then allow them to move on. It sure isn't easy but I remind myself that crying isn't always a bad thing. I feel lonely at times, but I'm certainly not alone.

So grateful for my family, friends and my online resources for support and growth.

Thanks to all of you for being here and sharing your journeys. We will persevere. :-)

~T