View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
IWillWin

Hope - the answer to that is no, but you get that already. I understand how you feel - and I know I would feel the same in your situation.

It is cliche, but think it through. All the way through. Play the movie to the credits in your head. The ending is always the same. Embarrassed, shameful, angry, sick and tired. After all your sober time I'm sure you have no interest in feeling that way again.

This tactic has been a life-saver for me ... especially with a full mini bar humming away I'm my hotel room for 2 days. It taunted me - and I actually yelled at it - but thankfully my tool box and all I've packed in it allowed me another sober trip. I'm amazed that in the face of temptation and massive emotional stress I've been able to keep it together.

If I can do this, so can you. You are living a sober life. Don't go back to a drunken one. It ain't worth it. So you drank...now you are sober. Take that and be proud and keep it movin'. Just because you had a weak moment does not discount the fact that you have lived the past 8 weeks without alcohol. So now it's 8 weeks -1 day. Pretty impressive for an alcoholic. I'm proud of what you have accomplished and more proud that you came here and fessed up. Half of this battle is unloading our secrets. They are heavy and weigh us down. Move ahead lighter and take away some lessons from this episode about how to avoid it in the future