Administrator

Class of June10-Part7

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HFA

" 1 YEAR I made it!! It feels pretty damn good I must say. Thanks to all of you. Lyddie, Hfa, and Dee, and to those who left us but left an impact on me and helped me get Sober. The process started June 2010 and I am grateful for every post or answer I ever got on SR. I am at peace. Thank you from my soul!
Thanks my friends! Love you all!
Year 1

How wonderful!!! Congrats on they 1YEAR!! That is so amazing. It is quite the accomplishment!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow ! Beth - Congratulations. I am sorry I didn't login earlier to see your post. You did it!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Two years today for me.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow!
congratulations to you too Lyddie

D
Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS Lyddie!!! I am glad I didn't miss it 2 years is a great place to be.
Have a Wonderful day Miss. Lyddie!
:day
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Beth - Hooray for both of us - we have come a long way in the past two years! And thanks for all your good thoughts along the way.

:ghug3
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Two years today for me.
2yrs. You rock!!! Keep up the good work. I know you did it before, you can repeat....
Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow, I really suck at posting these days. I am starting to get a little concerned with thoughts of having a glass of wine. I mean my mind seems to be starting to romanticize the idea again. In my mind once I get past the thought I usually go straight through to how gross it would make me feel. Like I can actually remember the whole process. I am just pissed I am even thinking about it! Yuck! Hopefully it will pass. I am not really scared I will drink but I hate giving it any of my thoughts especially nice ones.

Oh well, I will always fight to my death not to drink!

I have dd big B-day party coming up. That is some stress. I am excited but also exhausted just thinking about it. There be like 50 people there. I asked 3 dif nannies, all with other plans so I won't have any help. I know it sounds like I am one of those spoiled 'Real Housewives' but really I have been planning this for a long time and I paid for everything already. I wouldn't even have such a big party if it wasn't going to be a farewell one too. Someone to help with dd while I tend to everything else would be a big help! I even offered 100 for 4 hrs. I would do it!! LOL

Anyway, 4 more weeks left in Cali. I feel so sad but I have been sending stuff to my new house and I know there are tons of kids dd age in the neighborhood. We are next to a park. My mom is over there every day already helping get things ready. My friends are excited I am coming back home. Her father, I think has come to terms with it. He really is barely home and the only reason he gets to see her at all is because we live together and that can't go on much longer. It's too confusing for us all. I figure if we hate it we can move back. Life is what you make it.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.. I hope all is well with you guys. HFA, I hope your hanging in there, Lyddie I hope your job isn't stressing you too bad, Dee stay warm? (isn't it winter there? LOL!

Have a great weekend

Year 1
Old 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think its pretty normal to have romantic drinking thoughts with such a big move ahead Beth.

Just remember the reality...

Thoughts are one thing...it's what we do in response that counts. I believe in you. You'll be fine

D
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey I am back! I have been on an island in Lake Michigan for the past 3 1/2 weeks taking care of my mother and I am so glad to be home. It was difficult and a couple of nights, I really really wished that I could put a couple of shots of vodka in my fresca. But not to worry - I made it through.

Beth - How are you doing? How was the birthday party? Are you really ready to leave?

HFA - Are you still here?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Lyddie! I am sorry about your mom. SUCKS! I feel you on the shot thing! I keep thinking about it. Not good! Too much stress. Luckily somewhere in the back of my head I know drinking would put me over the edge. I know better. Trying to stay strong. I am a nervous wreck! UGH!! The Birthday Party was amazing still waiting on the photographer for pics.
I am leaving in 12 days. Ugh! Just ready to get on with it.

Glad you got through the shot lust Lyddie.

HFA, I hope you are well. Sorry I am not around as much. Big Hug

Have a great day

13 months
Old 08-07-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Beth - How many more days before you go? How are you doing? Stay strong through the stress stuff. It will get better.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HFA

Still here, Still sober. Finally shrugging off some weight. Down to 209 from 243. Work is mega stressful now, so I have to be on guard for food and beer cravings. Hope everyone is doing well....
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey all, Movers have come and gone. We are leaving on the 28th. Crazy Crazy! Very happy but def had major cravings for a glass of red wine. All good

Thats a lot of weight HFA! CONGRATS! I am just the opposite

Thanks Lyddie, how are things going for you?

Month 14
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HFA

beth, when will you be in your new place?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Trails Beth

D
Old 09-03-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Beth - Are you there yet? Is it good to be home?

HFA - Congratulations on the weight loss. I struggle with trying to lose just a pound or two so I am very impressed.

I am glad it is September. There were some lovely moments this summer but I am so glad it is over. It was a bit challenging for me - lots of wishful thoughts of drinking. Now to make a good get out of work plan.

Stay well and strong everyone!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
HFA

I got over happy with the loss. Got into some alchol problem at Work.still got my job. Going to see a counselor this week. Joined the Aug group here and starting over. I did it before and can do it again.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

HFA - Yes you can do it again. You may have slipped but you still have come a long way since 2010. Don't forget that and hang in there. Hope the individual counseling will give the extra support you need. (( HUGS ))