Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Nicky - Congratulations

OLL - It is great that you are running! I used to run in my 30's and I would like to get back to that. I currently walk at a pretty rapid pace about 6 miles a day.

Grace - I hope your Dad's brain scan goes well. Give him a hug from me! I will be sending prayers his way.

Bloss - I can so relate to your post. My diet seems to have gone to pot. I know it is because I feel physically bad most days and turn to sugar to give me a lift. I tried eating fish and sweet potato for lunch, but was still hungry. So, I dove into cheese crackers to fill me up. I also understand that turning to food is understandable. Please don't beat yourself up about it! I too go over in my mind all that I have to do and feel overwhelmed. As John Goodman said "You set impossible goals for yourself and then kick yourself because your not good enough". I don't think I even set unrealistic goals. I just feel lousy most days and don't get much done. I tell myself the only thing I really have to do each is remain sober. That helps me feel better. I have been very depressed the last few days because I thought I would feel better physically and I am still pretty non-functional. Today I feel better. I am very grateful to be sober and for all of you wonderful sober pals
Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey Bloss, my mum would have your guts for garters if she heard you saying you're too old! She's 79 and can run rings like me, she thinks people in their 50's are still children!! Both her and my Dad ran marathons in there 60's, my mum still would if it wasn't for my dad!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Grace: I feel better now, I am even thinking going into the room I cleared out a few days ago and get back on the old treadmill, seriously I have to place my knee just so it has a strain. My husband is like, if it keeps hurting go get it checked out. But, most of the time, Dr. just says rest it a few days and see what is next. Yes, we are only as old as we admit? Ha! Ha! My mom is 76, and very thin and active too. She had me when she was 19, my dad calls her the old lady since she is 10 months older than him.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Tanja: Sleep is a big issue for me, or feeling ill. When I have a better rest everything just seems so much more positive. I don't know about you, but llness, or lack of sleep and feeling lousy has led me to drink too many times in the past. This time around I am just standing firm to not drink, no matter if I don't sleep or I'm ill, tired and so on. Some days are so much easier than others. I shouted out loud the other day (home alone, so I don't think anyone heard me) I will not drink, no matter what, so bring it on...Strangely, I felt better. Then I post a blog here, read threads, speak to someone who knows my situation. But, the first decision to do these things seems to be coming from a deep desire within myself to be sober longterm. I have called myself the relapse queen in the past. I have vacated that position, forever...I hope I can curb the overeating, but I'd still rather eat a cookie than have a drink! Your posts really help and encourage me, thanks for being here.
Bloss
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for you and your dad Grace
Old 11-05-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

HRB Love the fireworks! Much appreciated!

Grace I didn't realise you were going through all this with your poor dad. Big hugs coming your way. Admire your strength and ability to still give to others with so much on your mind.x

Tanja Totally understand the low mood feelings, I too suffer from time to time. I find it difficult to get a balance with my mood, all or nothing that seems to be me. Keeping busy works for me. Too much time on my hands and my mind runs riot!

Oll I admire your efforts at the moment. Good for you! I think it's a great way to deal with the stress you're going through. I really should get into some kind of keep fit.

bloss I don't mind you asking about my soberiety periods at all............lol Just sent a reply through your blog. You're doing amazing, just love the way you handle your soberiety.

Has anyone heard from Frenchpink or Walkingwithgod?

Well it's Bonfire night here tonight and usually we have a big house party at home. Tonight we went to a Fireworks Display, the party just didn't have the same appeal in soberiety as it would have done before, but do you know what, we had a really fabby time with just the family and a whole bunch of strangers in a big park. The look on my girls faces when they seen the huge fireworks was well worth it all tonight, even hubby enjoyed his sober night..........lol Well at least he said he did, bless him.

Thank you all for being here and allow me to babble on and on at times.

Hi Dee, how's you? x
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

good today Nicky

D
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi again, I'm like a bad penny, always turning up! I'm really tired now, I've just got my work clothes ready for tomorrow, g.son's clothes ready, done a very little ironing, made my lunch for tomorrow and now I'm showered, p.j'd and ready for bed. It's freezing again tonight so I need to be up to de-ice the car again, I'm betting.

I've been reading the most awe inspiring posts on S.R today by a man called Robby Robot. His thread is called ' Interupted alcohol'. It made me feel very humble and at the same time empowered and his posts certainly put things into perspective. If you get chance any of you, go and have a little read! He has been sober now for 30 plus years!!!!

Thank you all for your kind words concerning my lovely Dad. The scan is to ascertain if he has had a small stroke or if he has the onset of Alzeimer's or Dementia. The memory clinic think it is more likely to be a stroke but they have to be sure. He had a fall in February( in the one week that me and my partner went away, the first one in a long time) and since then he had rapidly gone down hill. He's gone from being active and lively and full of the joys of spring to someone who just sits staring out of the window for much of the time and is very confused.com. He fell down an escalator in a large shop and cut his head, but the same night he had a fit, which he has never had before. The hospital decided he had epileptic fit and were treating him for that! It's been discovered now that he has never had epilepsy, so we will wait and see what the scan shows. My thoughts lean more towards a small stroke as he has had a few T.I.A's in the past.

Tanja and Bloss, I struggle with my weight too, I'm trying really hard now to eat healthily, but it doesn't help when I'm sat on my backside in work all day and colleagues bring biscuits and sweeties in to share! Plus I have an under active thyroid, which doesn't help matters and as I'm very short and somewhat rubenesque, I only have to put a pound on and it goes straight to my backside!

Bloss, be careful with your knee and wear a support if you go on the treadmill. I know what you mean about the Doctor just telling you to rest it. Easier said than done though.

Tanja I'm sorry to hear you've been having a bit of a black cloud time, I hope it soon passes. I too get overwhelmed and panicky when I start thinking about all I have to do, I just feel as if I never stop, but never get anything finished. My life is like one mad rush and though I try and try to be as organised as possible, I just never quite make it!
Staying sober is one thing I will beat though!

Hi Nicky, we have had lots of fireworks here too tonight, in fact we've been having them all over the week end. I did read somewhere yesterday I think, that French Pink was still having trouble with her electricity supply, courtesy of Hurricane Sandy. I did notice that W.W.G was logged on later this afternoon, but I haven't seen any of his posts today.

Good morning to you Dee and thanks for all your support and words of wisdom.

See you all tomorrow.

Night night

Be careful out there
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

P.S Nicky, I like your new avatar
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post
Hi Undies
Don't be confused, your eyes to not deceive Nickytams1 has been reincarnated at [B]CALEDONIA1[/B
Unfortunately had to change, long story but SR kindly let me chage it.

Feel free to still call me Nicky if you wish.
Oh, NOW I get it! Nicky, I've been out of power and Internet for the week due to the storm and just paged back to see this explanation from you. I saw you in my friends list and thought, who the heck is this Calendonia character in my roster? Ha, ha!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 8 MONTHS MILESTONE, CALEDONIA!!!

Mammoth had to go undercover to find you in order to celebrate your wonderful sober accomplishment! Excellent job, Undie mate.

elephant-private-investigator.jpg
Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies

I hope you all had a good night/day!

It's blooming freezing here again and what's worse is the heating isn't working properly in work so it's cold in here too. I don't do cold very well, so I'm sat at my desk in my coat with my scarf wrapped round my neck.

I have to share with you, I'm on day 80 today! Woo hoo! Another 20 days and I'll be in tripple figures can you believe? I couldn't do this if it wasn't for all the understanding and support I get from you all here.

It's lovely to see you again F.P and I love the pic of the mammoth! So funny. I hope you didn't suffer too badly during the Hurricane and escaped any damage. I've seen some of the devastation caused on the news and it looks absolutely dreadful.

Must go and do some work now. See you again later.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today I will appreciate having a job, a bed and food
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good morning undies, just got home from work. Wanted to check in and wish everyone a great day before I go to sleep.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Just a quickie

One of my old friends from when I was here two years ago has comeback today, Cottonwood Chris, we stayed in touch by email and he recently relapsed quite badly. He's not had a drink for a month now and is trying very hard, as we all are.

If any of you get a spare minute would you mind giving him a welcome, please? it will make his day.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Checking in Undies,
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Election day here in the US. I'll get out there tonight. Can't wait for the commercials to be over!!
I feel like I've lost my way a little bit with dealing with some life issues, but I'm ready to delve back into why I stopped drinking in the first place. I want to live a life I am happy with, proud of, and not regretful of. Time to start trying out new things and being myself. That's all I got today.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Morning Undies:

After I finish posting, I'll suit up and brave the lines to vote. Honestly, it's getting harder to vote than it used to be. If the higher ups want us to vote, why start enacting all these new rules, anyway I hope it won't take hours.

Grace: 80 days, soon it will be 90...3 months! Tell them to turn up the heat, stay warm girl...Cottonwood Chris, which thread does he post on?

OneLessLonely: Thats the way, let's all think positive. Hey, we are sober and for today, thats good enough for me..

HRB: sleep well

Ok Undies, see/read you all later
Bloss
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

18.10 Tue

Not long to go now, just under an hour, still cold, still wrapped up, I've even got a cup of hot chocolate on my desk!!

Hi HRB70, hope you got some restful sleep today.XX

Oll, I hope all goes well with the election tonight. It's good that you're feeling ready to address some of your issues now. I know you've been through a bad time lately, but things will work out. They will work out all the better now you are not drinking. You sound much more positive in yourself today, Yay, more power to you, Keep it up. xx

Hi Bloss, I hope you're not out too long voting, lets hope the right man wins! The heating is supposedly broken Bloss, however we're having visitors tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if it is 'suddenly' fixed!! Gosh three months, can't wait!
C'wood Chris will be in todays new posts. His is called ' The Breakfast Club, I'm back' or something very similar. We used to be the breakfast club and pretend we were taking turns in cooking breakfast for each other. Bit of fun fantasy like the Newbie bus!

See you all again later.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

FP HAHAHAHA! Just loved the mammoth........lol Thank you so much, made my evening. Think hubby thought I'd finally lost the plot with me sat staring at laptop in hysterics.

HRB Nice to hear from you and hope you managed to get some decent sleep.

Bloss Don't envy you having to brave the voting queues. You're sounding good and thanks for allowing me to babble on and on at times. x

grace Geeze that endless feeling of constantly running around daft, chasing yourself, I can most definately identify with. You're not a Taurean like me, are you? I'm quite sure you don't give yourself enough credit for the things you actually achieve. x

Oll Have you managed any more running? I really, really need to get some of this weight off. Having all this Halloween treats leftover isn't helping me in the least at the moment.

Neverthought Welcome to the Undies! Great bunch here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Going to chill out now as kids and hubby all in bed. Just the cat and dog wishing attention now......lol
Day off tomorrow, kinda, so wee meeting in the morning then helping at the kids school THEN work.
Take Care Everyone and thanks for all the posts. Helps heaps.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Woohoo! Grace well done on your 80 days, just fantastic!!

If anyone deserves a happy soberiety you do for all your thoughful, helpful posts.

Take care and GET SOME ME-TIME...........lol
Old 11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Nicky, I have not run again since my one stint yesterday. I am going to try to make it a priority. I don't like getting up early before work, I'm usually starving as soon as I get home for dinner, then it's dark, cold, and I'd want to take a shower after. So I think my best bet is to make it a habit of Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays. But we'll see!
Grace, thank you for the kind words!
Bloss, let's keep building up the positivity!
Take care Undies!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Know what you mean Oll I have no motivation to do exercise mid week at all. Well to be honest, no motivation for exercise full stop........lol