Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oll, I get those moods too, but they pass, without the wine! Being kind to ourselves is a very important part of the healing process, after all we abused our bodies and minds for long enough, so they deserve a bit of pampering
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,
Well I not only have annoying nail extentions for typing but now I have BLACK nail extentions. Had the kids Halloween school disco tonight and I was a helper. Thus the fancy nails.....lol Just what I needed tonight to shift my mood. Felt so good to commit to helping and not be itching for a drink or even worse on a binge and sleep through the whole evening and miss it totally. My girls faces tonight just made my day!

Anyway enough about me. OLL I think it was something you once said about sitting with these feelings that rang in my ears today, so I just accepted my mood and went with it. Great advice!

Grace we sure did abuse ourselves. I hope you're getting some *me time* as well.You're so busy at times.

WWG Glad you're here and everything went aright with Sandy. I do hope you give yourself a break. What's your plans?

Hey bloss my friend, hope you've had a happy healthy day.

Catch you all later. Take Care.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

22.25 Tue

Hi again Undies

This is my last post of the day ( I think!). Very quiet here today and also in my August class. I think a lot of our lovely S.R family may have a power outage thanks to Sandy. I know we have a few in August who will have no power for a week, so let us count our blessings and send love and prayers to our other friends and hope we see them back here very soon.

Oh Nicky, black nails, very Goth! Glad to hear you enjoyed your night and it will have made your girls' night you helping out. I wouldn't like to think how many events I've missed due to being blotto, all those lovely memories I'll never know!! Oh well, no point in dwelling on the past. I live for today now!

I'll go and check the other posts now.

See you all tomorrow.

Night night
Old 10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Afternoon/evening/night Undies...

Just doing normal chores today, my sister came over for a bit. We had a nice chat, no politics were mentioned! Now after I surf SR, I think I'll go pick up my produce. I belong to a community group which gets a good deal of fresh produce from a local organic farm. Its good, but sometimes there are things which are not my fave...Ok though, need to eat different types of produce. It's very fresh, as it has been picked the same day.

Nicky: Black nail extensions sound fun, your new name is interesting, but I'll stick with Nicky...for now! Hope your down mood has lifted, I can relate...

OneLessLonely: I like it, chill out in a hot tub...the universe does have a way of telling us just what we need...

WWG: glad all is well for you, I've been watching the Weather Channel...what a mess in many places...you were blessed. Take care...

Grace: Sounds like your day went well and you had a good nights rest. Yes you are right, we did put our poor bodies through a rough time. It is time to take care of ourselves and yes, a little pampering is definitely the order of the day.

Wishing all a pleasant evening and restful night,
Bloss
Old 10-31-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

08.30 Wed

Good morning Undies. Happy Halloween. This is how I came to work this morning!

I hope you are all okay and unscathed by the storms, it's been very quiet here the last day or so.

Bloss I bet it's a relief to have a chat with your sister without politics being brought into the equasion!
Mmm, fresh produce, that's really good, does that include veggies? I just love veggies, especially stinky veg like sprouts, brocolli and cabbage, in fact thinking about it I just love food in general. Lol.

Best go now anyway and do a bit. Catch up with you all later, I hope.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will give someone a word of affirmation - not because I have to, but because I want to
Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween, and today is day 3 again. I am so positive today it makes me happy. I am excited to leave the office and take my toddler trick-or-treating. I am so Blessed to have all of you. Have a safe and sober day. I will use today to get me one step closer to a sober tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi WWG. Good stuff and fingers crossed. Keep working at it. Enjoy your day with your little girl. Is she dressing up?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Yes, she is going to be Merida from the Disney movie Brave. She has the red hair to match. She is my little Princess. She ended up having a hairline fracture in her foot when we took her to the Dr. on Monday, and is wearing a walking boot. She is still peppy and excited for Halloween.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ohhh I bet she is gorgeous, I absolutely love red hair, I've got a bit of a thing for it actually. No wonder she was limping with a fractured foot! My little g. daugher fractured her arm when she was just 12 months old and had a cast on! She didn't let it get her down though. Children are tougher than we think.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It just makes me so sad to see her injured. I love her so much,
Old 10-31-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween Undies

Grace: Love the way you flew to work, hope your broom has a heater....have a good day at work! Yes, there is veg mostly, whatever is in season in CA...a big bunch of chard, lettuce, onions, carrots, leeks, apples and more...

WWG: Enjoy taking your little princess trick or treating...

Yes, a bit quiet today. I've been watching weather channel on cable, the storm really caused a great deal of damage.

Take care, stay safe while trick or treating!!!

Bloss
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yes Bloss it's a thermal broomstick and it's fired by fairy dust, so really economical to run! Just parked it in the broom cupboard till home time!

I've not seen any of the news today, but saw some of the damage on t.v last night, looks pretty rough in places.

We should count our blessings.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

A thermal powered broom, where did you find the fairy dust? I want that model of broomstick too...
Old 10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well Bloss, if you put it on your wish list for Christmas, Santa may just bring you one!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween undies!
Sorry to be an absentee member, but been working like crazy over the past week. 12 hour shifts really suck! Oh well the overtime will put a good dent in the credit card.
Take care my friends,
Old 10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey HRB, always good to pay down those credit cards!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Evening Undies.

I'm doing well. Totally enjoying being off work and pottering around at home. I'm making progress working the steps of AA with my sponsor and that is bringing me a lot of perspective in my life.

Many thanks to Grace for your encouragement on my posts on the 12 step forum xxx
Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Have a good evening, Jeni
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Grace A guess we all have regrets from our past drinking days and as you say there's no point dwelling on it. You sure do your daughter proud now, sober and a great Grandma. Big hugs. Geez I nearly fell off my couch laughing at your wee witch on her broomstick *this is how I got to work* hahahaha

Yip bloss my mood has lifted thanks, well it had until I can back home this evening. Out guishing with the kids only to come home and hubby p****d which I don't mind, afterall it's me that has the problem but he's really nippy when he's had too much. Tonight he had too much

WWG Keep up the good work and stay strong. Take care.

Jeni I must try the 12 step forum, i'm a a stand still with the programme at the moment. Need another sponsor.

HRB Alway lovely to hear from you.

Nighty night Undies and a very Happy Halloween to you all.
(feeling better already after my wee vent)

Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi all, don't know what's going on but I bought lots of sweeties for the 'trick or treaters' when they knocked on tonight, and guess how many knocked on!! None, not a one! How bazaar, we're usually inundated with them. Maybe it's because the rain has been bouncing down or because it's a school night, but it's never been known before. Not worried about it though, we're taking the little one to a Halloween party on Saturday, which he'll enjoy and I'll take the sweeties with us, that's if the other half hasn't eaten them all by then!

Happy Halloween to you too HRB70, good to hear from you. The 12 hours shifts are a b*ll acher, but think of the money!

Jenny you're more than welcome, you support me too as you all do, couldn't do it without you. It's just so good to know that you're so much happier in yourself, we can tell that just by reading your posts, you just sound so relaxed.

Nicky thanks for that, glad you liked the witch, Lol, we have to have a laugh now and again don't we? Don't let your husband get you down, just let it all go over your head, you're sober and that's the main thing.

Hi Bloss, see you on the newbie bus!!

Wishing you all a good night, my lovely Undies. See you tomorrow

Night night