SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Under Club Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/272530-one-year-under-club-part-8-a.html)

Dee74 10-27-2012 10:58 PM

One Year & Under Club Part 8

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D

bloss 10-27-2012 11:07 PM

Saturday evening, 11:00 p.m.

Busy day today, found time to walk the dog. Brought dinner home, nothing fancy. It was nice not to have to cook. Sort of an odd day, the spouse and I were a bit at odds with each other. I think things are alright now, hard to be sure, he doesn't like to talk things out, I can't stand to sulk in silence. First thing I did was to pray to my HP and stand firm in my sobriety, no matter how long the "silence" lasted. It is better now, hope it stays that way.

Undies have a nice Sunday!!

Bloss

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by bloss (Post 3645296)
Saturday he doesn't like to talk things out, I can't stand to sulk in silence. First thing I did was to pray to my HP and stand firm in my sobriety, no matter how long the "silence" lasted. It is better now, hope it stays that way.

Bloss

bloss Your spouse and my hubby sound very similar and I found your words very helpful. Thank you!

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 01:39 AM

Welcome Tony, great to have you here and Iwillwin sound advice to WWG. I like your thinking.

Today I have decided not to run around like a headless chicken and concentrate on what is bothereing me and NEEDS done.

This forum is such a help to me, you have no idea. I have no desire to drink but emotionally I seem to struggle and just reading makes me feel less isolating in my thinking.

Truly grateful for SR, AA and my soberiety.

Catch you all later undies!:grouphug:

Grace2 10-28-2012 01:53 AM

08.30 Sun

Morning Undies and it's a wet and cold one here, but not complaining, we have it easy compared to those of you who will be affected by Hurricane Sandy!

Nicky, did you get an extra hour in bed? I didn't, these children are too young to appreciate such things as the clocks going back an hour, so I've been up since first thing as usual.

WWG, you really need to get a grip here, your going to make yourself ill worrying about things that may never happen. Of course your a good man, don't doubt that for a second, but instead of looking at your glass as always being half empty, look at it as being half full. Make any preparations you need to make for the impending storm, make sure your cellphones are fully charged in the case of any power outage, make sure your cars are full of fuel, make sure you have the basics in like bread, milk, etc. toilet rolls. You will then have done something useful!
Life will always be full of unexpected challenges, whether it be hurricanes, snow storms, illnesses, death, child birth, unemployment, but hiding behind alcohol is not going to make any of them go away, it just adds another problem to the situation.

Hi Bloss, it's always a treat not to have to cook, I think we are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate our friends birthday, I always volunteer to be the taxi service these days, that way no one offers to buy me an alcoholic drink, or even worse just plonks one down in front of me!
Hope your spouse has got over his sulk! I know so well how that feels, living with a passive aggressive, ( big sigh).

Going now to make breakfast but I'll catch up with you all at some point later,
Just for today I will sing a song and not care if I am off key or who hears

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 02:11 AM

Same here Grace, all the kids have been up since "silly o'clock"
:grouphug:

haha just noticed your thought for today, brilliant!

walkingwithgod 10-28-2012 05:51 AM

I am feeling better today and a little more positive. I just wish that I would have dealt with my anxiety better on Friday and didn't drink. We have food, fuel, water and flashlights. I guess now all we can do is wait until tomorrow and see what happens. I am a little freaked out as every news station is in our coastal town talking of potential damage. But, all I can do is pray. I may not get to chat with many of you after tomorrow as we live near the coast and lose power often. I will stay in touch today as I need support. God Bless all of you.

FrenchPink 10-28-2012 07:20 AM

WeHav has 150 sober days today! Congratulations! I posted a special hurricane elephant for you in our May 2012 thread. :)

Jeni26 10-28-2012 07:31 AM

Bloss, the way you describe things with your spouse sounds like a normal family weekend to me!!
Me and H are both in early recovery and can be 'prickly' sometimes. Most of the time it's fine, but there are definitely other times when 1 or both of us get touchy and a bit defensive.
We sort of just get past it. Sometimes the awkwardness just disappears as our moods level out. It's no big deal. The drunken dramas that we had are a thing of the past and this is definitely preferable!!
Hope things improve for you x

Grace2 10-28-2012 09:18 AM

Hi again

WWG, be careful and post when you can. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit more positive today, keep it up, stay strong, thinking of you.

Wehav 150 days is fantistic, not far off half a year now, wow! :HulaDance:HulaDance:HulaDance:HulaDance

F.P I'll have to nip over to the May class again and have a look at that eli

Hi Jeni, good to hear from you, hope you're feeling a bit more chilled now. I suppose all couples have their ups and downs, some more than others. My H likes to play ostriches and bury his head under the sand! But we're getting there!

See you later

Jeni26 10-28-2012 09:35 AM

Hi Grace. I'm feeling loads better now, it's like a light switched on once I finished work!
I'm having a lovely relaxing weekend, heading out to a meeting tonight and going to get back on track with that.
I think the insomnia had really got to me the past few weeks. It isn't any better now, I can just sleep in a bit in the mornings for the mo which means i feel more human! I'm going to discuss again with my doc this week.
How's the weather in Cheshire? It's freezing down here! Xx

Grace2 10-28-2012 09:46 AM

Glad about that Jeni, if you could just get some sleep it would make a big difference. My doctor gave me sleeping tablets because of insomnia but I had to stop taking them, I did try them for a couple of weeks but I was just too groggy the next morning and couldn't wake up. No good to me if I have to get up in the night for the little one or if I get a call about my Dad, not much use in work either if I'm half asleep. Luckily, I'm sleeping much better now. Have you tried any of the herbal remedies?

It's been freezing here all week end, bitterly cold. It's pouring down at the minute too, so I've got all the washing in the tumble dryer!

Jeni26 10-28-2012 09:54 AM

I've tried herbal stuff but they don't seem to work with me.
It's like my brain just won't switch off, in fact I've started keeping a pen and paper next to my bed so that when I wake up I can jot ideas down for work strategies. Once I've done that, I'm more likely to drift off again.
I could probably do with some meditation or yoga or something. I will give it some thought.
No rain today here, but its cold. The heating is now on all day!!xx

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 09:57 AM

Congratulations wehave, such a brilliant milestone! :You_Rock

Jeni, Grace the weather's pretty much the same here, dark, cold and very wet.

I'm off out to a meeting tonight too, sadly going myself as the friends I made at the start have all lost their way.:( Girls and guys that were a fantastic help to me too in the early days.

Had a great, productive AND relaxing weekend. Contradiction I know but that's how it went..........lol

Take care all and for those possibly affected by the storm a special prayer for you guys.

HitRockBottom70 10-28-2012 11:07 AM

Very quick check in here, Nicky, keep up the good fight. I got very upset when I saw people I started this journey with stumble a little. It was hard and it took some time to deal with it. I finally came to the conclusion that my life depended on me never drinking again. Maybe theirs did not. Ultimately we can only save ourselves from this horrible addiction. New people will emerge within your life and your support system will change. We need to roll with this thing, but always know that no matter what, we never drink again.

Have a beautiful day and stay safe undies. Off to work now.

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 03:44 PM

Wow! HRB that was the exact words of wisdom I received tonight at my meeting. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Appreciated.

Great meeting tonight, small but very enlightening. Feel so relaxed now.

Thinking of anyone who is close to Hurrican Sandy. Thinking of you all.

Jeni26 10-28-2012 03:57 PM

Weird isn't it how you get to hear exactly what you need to at meetings?!

wehav2day 10-28-2012 04:00 PM

FP: i can't wait to nip over to may and see my elephant, you're kindness with those always make me sooooo happy!!!

Nicky: Rock is right. This is a funky balance we have collectively and individually. we can only control our own sobriety. but we do so much better looking out for each other as a group than we would by ourselves, thinking and spinning our little brains in a vacuum.

Thanks you guys!

Caledonia1 10-28-2012 04:14 PM

Jeni, Wehave Love my meetings and here, to share with likeminded people and not feel alone or foolish.

I think we're all doing amazing! It's such a learning process and never thought I'd say this but actually enjoying it, even with it's ups and downs. ;)

Grace2 10-28-2012 04:58 PM

Back from my meal out, lovely food, good conversation and I then drove our friends home. I had sparkling water with a slice of lime and a coffee. So good that I can remember all the conversation and I don't have to wake up with a hangover tomorrow!

Jeni, I have to say the herbal stuff didn't work for me either,yet I have friends who swear by it. I was going to bed absolutely shattered then I'd still be awake three hours later. I was getting so mad with myself, but like I said before, for some reason I am sleeping much better now. My heatings on full time now too, I'm not very good at being cold!

Nicky, we moan about our weather, but we're so lucky really when you think about what some of our friends here will be facing! Glad you enjoyed your meeting and you've had a good week end.

HRB70, some good advice you've given there.

Wehav, I agree very much with your comment about looking out for each other, it's a good feeling to be able to say what we think or what we are feeling, the support is awesome.

Night nighy now, I really need some rest