Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
18.05-55 minutes to go!

Hi again, oh I'm so bored, I'm sat on the phone taking complaint calls and everyone is so grumpy! Misery ar*es! Didn't even get to go for my quick sprint at lunch time because it was raining. Just phoned the other half because he is off this week and he is going to cook tea, he can only cook two things and one of them is salad! I've just told him to stick some potatoes in the oven, some veg in the steamer and I'll cook a piece of steak when I get home.

HRB70, I'm so jealous, wish it was warm enough here to sit outside, we had a lousy wet summer this year and now it's all dark mornings, short days and dark nights, doom and gloom! Well you've got four days off now to recharge your batteries so make the most of them. What are you planning? I've got four days off too, but then my hard work begins, my days are planned for me. Oh and hey, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your support.xx Oh and what is wrong with dressing up for Halloween at 42? Nothing at all. Go for it!

WWG, do you finish work earlier on a Friday or is it just because it's the start of the week end? You need to break your usual routine and do something different. I think I remember you saying a while ago that you wanted to do a 5km run!! You could start training or something similar. Exercise is a brilliant stress booster. Have a think about what you can do.

Hi Bloss, I wondered where you were today. Me a gifted writer!!! Thank you for such a lovely complement, but I don't think so! I've never been told that before. Wow. I just try and say things as they are in my head! But thank you, I'm bit gob smacked that you think that.
do you know Bloss, we do have lots in common. I am quite a solitary person too and I'm quite happy to be that way. I am very quiet really,a much better listener than I am a talker. I got married at 18 then got divorced many years later. My other half moved in with me in 2000 and has had the fairly recent huge shock of discovering my secret drinking!! Well anyway, we're working through things now and our relationship seems to be getting back on track. No going back for me now, I will not be drinking alcohol ever again, it has no place in my life, I've caused too much hurt and pain. My other half wont have alcohol in the house now, though he does have a drink when we go out, but he has a stop button, whereas I dont. He doesn't talk about what's happend though, the strong silent type, or something!!

Anyway enough of my rambling. Catch up again later. Tell you what though before I go, you lot are becoming to mean so much to me, you keep me going. Every one of you. xx
Friday to me is that day where I tell myself that I worked hard all week, and deserve a break. Getting sloshed should not be a reward.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Grace: you all mean alot to me too, SR and everyone here has kept me from giving in to an urge to drink on more than one occasion since April.

WWG: I used to fight the urge to drink on my drive home from work, especially on Fridays...now I attempt to nip the first thought in the bud. If I let it go on too long, I'm toast...

Bloss
Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Grace: you all mean alot to me too, SR and everyone here has kept me from giving in to an urge to drink on more than one occasion since April.

WWG: I used to fight the urge to drink on my drive home from work, especially on Fridays...now I attempt to nip the first thought in the bud. If I let it go on too long, I'm toast...

Bloss
Friday is so hard, but with every booze store I pass I feel better. There are probably at least 20 places on my way home where I could get beer.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

WWG: Just keep on driving, don't stop. When you get home have a non-alcoholic option ready to drink...the next morning you will be so happy.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

WWG, booze is not a reward, what is rewarding about that horrible guilty feeling, dry heaving and a headache? Treat yourself to a comic book, some chocolate, a d.v.d or a take away, that's a reward. Today would have been my first day of popping in the supermarket for the dirty wine as I'm not in work tomorrow, I don't have the urge to buy it now ( not today anyway) but just in case, I don't take enough money to work with me these days. Just enough for bread, milk and cat food etc, if needed. Week ends are a big challenge to most of us, but we like a challenge don't we? Tell that A.V to go stuff itself!

Bloss, I like your new avatar

Sleep well everyone

Night night and good morning Dee
Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I took the advice of Grace, and eating a bit of candy and reading a Comic. Looking forward to waking up and feeling good. God Bless all of you.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Night WWG x
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good night Grace and thanks for being there, looking foward to a good nights sleep.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey all Undies (love the name),

I have been away for a couple of weeks due to travel and work, but I have thinking of you all. WWG - I am with you tonight munching on candy and drinking seltzer. My big trigger is work stress - and I have had plenty of that lately.

Hope all who experienced the storm's worst are getting back on their feet.

xo Pan
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

08.15 Fri

Good morning Undies

What a good start to the day seeing a post from our Panacea! Some of our August class have been worrying about you Pan, I did say that I seemed to remember you saying you were off for a few days. How's it going with you? Stress is my big trigger too, but not work stress, home, family and stress! Good to have you back anyway.

Just having a cup of tea while the boys are still asleep, not usual for the little one to be asleep at this time but he's been full of a cold. The big one can sleep at any time!
Not sure what to do today yet, may do the food shopping and get that out of the way. Got the nursery pick up for the g. daughter then a school pick up later this afternoon for the other g.son. He does Irish dancing after school on a Friday, so he doesn't finish until 16.30.

I'll dash off now and try and get my other posts done before the boys wake up. See you later.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will say a sincere thank you if I receive a compliment and not joke it away
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, I am already starting to think about what to do after work instead of drinking. Friday is my danger day.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Morning Undies about 10:00 a.m.

Sort of gray and gloomy here today, which is not the norm. Well, that is until the fog sets in, we are famous for our fog here in the valley. Just working away, trying to clean up the house for potential Thanksgiving visitors. Usually we go over to coast this weekend, but hubby has class he has to attend today and tomorrow. I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into, just kidding...

WWG: Lets work to turn the trend around. We could all try not to attach a label to a day. Check into SR tomorrow and share what you did and how it felt to not give in to the urge to drink. Take care of you and have a wonderful, sober, Friday...

Grace: Nice to have a few moments to ourself in the morning. Irish dancing sounds like fun...

Panacea: Glad to see you, candy and seltzer...sounds good to me

Back Later Today...take care Undies...
Bloss
Old 11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
Just a quick check in, off out again. Look forward to reading all your posts on my return. Rare night out with my hubbie tonight so off to put the glad rags on.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey Nicky: Have a great evening with your hubby!
Bloss
Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi again all, had a busy day so this is the first chance to pop in since this morning. My son came for his tea and he really stresses me out, he is so demanding. I wish I didn't let him get to me, but he does.
Has anyone got any plans for the week end? We're going to a Halloween party tomorrow evening and as it's Guy Faulkes night on Monday there will be bonfires and fireworks going off all week end. My poor cats will be doing handstands, they're terrified of fireworks.

WWG how has today been? I hope you've been strong.

Hi Bloss, I love it when there is only me up in a morning with my cup of tea, it's just so peaceful and I don't get much of that so it's appreciated. My g. son loves the Irish dancing lessons, they have really helped build his confidence and improve his social skills. He has two left feet but it doesn't matter, he gives it his all and enjoys himself. That's the main thing.

Have a good night Nicky, enjoy!

I may pop in again later if I get chance.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

you've had some really great advice here and elsewhere today WWG
As long as I was ruled by fear and resentment I was bound to repeat my mistakes.

maybe it's time to do something different, Matt?
Did you go off the AA idea?

D
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
Back home after a lovely evening with hubby. Just a quiet night, cinema and a meal. Not been feeling very well the last couple of days. Think I've caught a *virtual cold* Feel the benefit of extra meetings this week and a good talk with hubby.

He's been my rock all these years whilst drinking and just finding the adjusting difficult, both of us are. Back on track now thankfully!

bloss Thank you for such an honest, open share the other day. Like you and many more of us I too have had false starts in soberiety but this time IT IS going to be different. Your kind words to me are so so helpful and cheer me up no end. .

Grace You're such a gem! Love reading your posts.

Isn't it funny how a bunch of people who have never met can offer such strength, hope, support and friendship to each other.

Love it!

Nighty night x
Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Pan

Lovely to have you back. Oh, it's nickytams1 here, unfortunatley I had to change username.

Catch you later
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

16.25 Sat

Afternoon Fundy Undies

First chance I've had to pop in today. Went into town this morning and had a good look round, treated myself to a new top. We hired a big sort of pedal car thing for our g.son with a handle on to push him round in. £2.50 for two hours and it kept him contained and quiet, so well worth it. Other than that the usual, washing, cleaning, cooking, etc, etc. Got the Halloween party at 18.00 so he should be shattered by bedtime, me too!!

Hi Nicky, I'm glad you had a good night out with your husband, it does us good to make and effort and go out sometimes, makes us feel better. You're lucky your husband has supported you and I'm sure he appreciates the new you.
I think it is wonderful how we all support, encourage and share the love with each other. I actually have my own mental images of how you all look!!

Anyway, I need to go and wash my hair for later but no doubt I'll be back later.

Stay safe and sober
Just for today I will do each task to the best of my ability
Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning Undies 9:50a.m.

Reading everyone's comments is making me feel better. I have just been feeling kind of blah for a couple days Not really an urge to drink, just that unsettled kind of feeling. It is hard to describe. I'm plowing ahead, working my way through it.

Yesterday I moved heavy furniture around, trying to make a room I have my treadmill in less cluttered. I am divorcing the remaining Halloween candy. I think I was eating it to cover up my unsettled feelings, for me that is preferable to binge drink.

Enough about that.

Grace: the pedal car sounds like fun, I want to do that. Have a good time at the party.

Nicky: sounds like your evening was a success, I think virtual cold is a possibility for me too?

Have a great afternoon/ evening/night
((Hugs))
Bloss