Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hi again Tanja

Cup of tea break.

The fur babies keep you busy in a nice way though don't they? My two cats are eating for England at the moment, I think it's maybe because the weather has gone cold, I can't keep up with them.

Sorry you're still suffering with insomnia, it's such a difficult thing to break, I'm sleeping okay mostly now, but still get the odd night when I see every hour of the clock. I just get really mad with myself when that happens and end up getting up.

Hope you manage to get a bit of quality rest in and hope you enjoy your meeting tonight.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcomes! We had our first bit of snow here yesterday so the Christmas thing is feeling more natural. In the past, I have honestly hated Christmas so this year I have vowed to find something I like about it and concentrate on those things. I work in a kindergarten class so the snow was like a miracle to them. Five year olds are amazing and I am trying to regain their enthusiasm for small things that I somehow lost along the way. Due to the snow, we had a two hour delay at school so I am using that time to do...absolutely nothing. Enjoying an extra cup of coffee...petting my kitten. Love it.

Have a fabulous day.

jennikate
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hi JenniKate

Snow, brrrr!

I've not been a big fan of Christmas either, last Christmas was the first one in three years that I didn't spend round a hospital bed, the first two my Dad was in hospital and the third my partner got rushed in on the night of Christmas Eve and was kept in until after the New Year, so I always get a bit nervous as it gets near.

Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom, for five year olds Christmas is just magic and you can take pleasure in their joy and innocence.

Enjoy your day.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Jenni Love your Avatar. These coins are so special to me for my recovery. Each one signifies another step in my recovery and it is getting better & better. Just the usual ups and downs of life now I guess. I love cats, especially kitten and mines must be like |Grace's two, eating for Scotlan....lol

bloss I'm glad you've made amends with your sons, the magic of soberiety is wonderful and I'm now looking towards Christmas with a more positive attutude. Wish we had snow. I hate the cold dreary weather in Scotland but I do love a good snowfall. Don't get it here quite as much as we used too.

WWG Great to here from you. Hope your healthy and happy.

Tanja Excuse my ignorance but what's your fur babies?

Quite a few us seem to be cat lovers here.

My day, as usual didn't quite go to plan. I wanted to stay at home and just kick about instead my day off was spent doing banking, and quotes/invoices and it all started with one little phone call

Anyway I am having a quick 20 mins here before the girls get in from school and thankfully they don't have any activities tonight.

Any tips on relaxing folks would be greatly apppreciated. I tend to just rush rush rush until I'm exhausted and this isn't good. In the past it has caused me to relapse although this was before I found AA and SR. I need to slow down and get more organised.

Catch you all later
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hey Grace glad you like the Avatar. I want to get my youngest one for Christmas, they're so cute.

Hi Oll nice see here from you, hope all is getting easier.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Back on Day 2 and more determined than ever. I am going to push through the regrets and sadness. I want to be a good father and husband. Please pray for me. I can use all the support I can get. God Bless all of you and SR.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

WWG You have the support and I hope you realise that by now. We're all routing for you without a doubt.
Do you have any additional plans like AA, counselling or a dotors appointment?
Just remember *do not touch the first drink* no matter how tempting it may seem.
Just GO FOR IT this time, give it your ALL!
Take Care and catch you soon.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Smile

Morning Undies

Just a quick check in, busy day. Lots of good posts to read...have a great Thursday everyone. I will post more later.

Bloss
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

You too bloss. Have a great day.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Big grats to FrenchPink who has 180 days, 6 months!! Way to go!!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Lunchtime check in here. Had a drinking dream last night which, although upsetting, remotivates me to not get there in real life. Not too much to say today I guess. Just looking forward to getting out of work. Like every day I'm here. I like being home especially when its cold out. I've been pretty tired, falling asleep super early the last few nights. I have cut out coffee because I'm pretty sure it was worsening my anxiety so maybe that's it. Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Oll Had a few of those *drinking dreams* at the start, scary stuff. Thank goodness they are only dreams.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Smile

OLL and Nicky:

Those drinking dreams can be scary, always good to wake up and realize, it was a dream. Guess our minds are just working things out.

FP: Congratulations on 180 days/6month

Bloss
Old 11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Just a quickie.

Had a fairly peaceful day today, I didn't get as much done as I was hoping to, but there again I never do, still got more done though than I would have done three months ago.

Bloss I missed your earlier post re making amend with your sons, sorry! I'm glad you've made amends with them, life is too short to spend it at loggerheads. I hope you've had a productive day.

WWG, very well done on day two and I hope you've made some constructive plans for your danger days, tomorrow ( Fri) Saturday and Sunday. We all support each other here, we need your support just as much as you need ours. It's time now to stop dwelling on the past and concentrate on today, one day at a time, baby steps all the way. We can't change the past, but we can make sure we do our best for today. We are all here to hold your hand, but only you can turn your life round. First and foremost you have to do this for you! Just be kind to yourself. Oh and Jim is back on day 2, he's posted on the '30 days and under group', that would be a good group for you too. Jim could do with you by his side. I'm always popping in that group too, so don't be thinking you can escape from my nagging!

Hi Nicky, yes the avatar is really cute and if you get any tips on relaxing, please share them with me!

OLL, I had one of those drinking dreams a few weeks back. O.M.G I woke up in a right panic, heart racing, dry mouth, the works! I'm a right home bird too by the way, love being inside all warm and cozy when it's cold out there!

I'm off now.

See you later maybe.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Night Grace, currently chilling out watching Emerdale.......lol Everyone's in bed but need some ideas to help de-stress throughout the day.....lol
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Hate to be ignorant but what is the time difference between east coast U.S. and UK? It's weird that your day is over and I haven't had dinner yet. Hope you all have a great night.

jenni
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Goodnight Nicky, I watched Emerdale too! We'll have to have a think about de-stressing tactics. Perhaps you could start a thread asking people what they do to de-stress! What do you think?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hi Jeni, we must have been posting at the same time then. I think we in the U.K are about 5 hours ahead of you. It is confusing, that's why I started putting the time on my posts, and idea I pinched from someone else here, possibly the lovely Bloss!

Hey F.P I forgot to congratulate you before. Well done you, you are a legend.

Wishing you all a good night.

Sleep well
Old 11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

keep up the great work you all,

the overs are saving you a seat
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hello Undies,
Finally had a day off today and spent the day out getting a passion fruit vine and herbs to make a garden. Then went down to the park to let my dog run and had sushi. Nice day and I'm exhausted from working 36 hours over past 3 days.

Grace, congrats on 82 days! Your rackin the time up!

FP, way to go on 180 days! I left you a pic on the may thread.

Thanks for celebrating my 180 days with me undies, you all are awesome.

I am starting to have a hard time keeping up with working so much and the posts and trying to get out, have fun, and work out. How in the world did I ever drink and get all this done? Oh yeah, I didn't.

Wishing everyone well tonight.