Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi again

Oops, I seem to have missed a couple of you sorry!

Eli,Stop panicking and give yourself a good talking to. You can do this, you'll be there and back before you know it. You have the time to do it, so 123... breath, 123 breathe, and again. I'm a panicker too and like Midnight I also have to ask myself what is the worst that can happen!! You know you're capable of doing this and by panicking your building things out of all proportion. Just stay calm and let it come and go! Thinking of you.xxx

Hi Midnight, day 36, I'd say you are doing more than okay!! Soon be on day 40! Woo hool

Hi Jjay, sounds like you have a good day planned for tomorrow. Enjoy the gym today and good luck with your interview tomorrow and dinner of course. I hope all goes well.

Hi Dee, I forgot you too, hope you had a good week end.

See you all again later no doubt!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

I've been off doing some soul searching. Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong in their recovery. Going to catch up on posts.

((Hugs)) to all
Bloss
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi Bloss, that sounds ominous. Hope you're okay! xx
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Tanja, well done on driving to your meeting. That’s huge! I find the longer I’m sober, the less I’m able to focus when I’m driving. Am considering giving it up for a while! I really hope insomnia improves. That can be tough.

Midnight Blue, thanks for the encouragement. I had a nap after lunch and felt a million times calmer when I woke up. Strange what not enough sleep can do for you. Hope day 36 goes well for you!

Grace, as always, thanks for your kind words. Am a bit calmer now. I watched x factor results last night too – couldn’t believe that girl got sent home, she was fantastic! Sorry to hear you got woken up last night. Nothing worse than waking up to a fright like that!

Caledonia, I love your avatar!

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Hope you’re all having a good Monday!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

18.20 and 40 mins to go!!

Quick sneaky hi!

Eli, you will be fine, will you be able to post while you're there, from your phone or whatever? I couldn't believe that girl, Ella I think her name is, got voted out, she was so good, her and James were my favourites, she is outstanding, yet that silly Rylan got in again. All fixed! Lol.

Strangely enough re driving, I'm okay driving ( don't enjoy it, but I'm okay) but I can't tollerate being a passenger, I have to sit with one hand on the door handle and the other under my lets so I can't grab the drivers arm or the steering wheel. I just feel as though we are going to hit the kerb all the time, or we're going far too fast, or we're too close to the car in front!!! What's all that about??

See you laters.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

legs not lets!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Grace, you have to work until 7pm? That's inhumane!

I think a lot of people experience that when they're drivers themselves. Everyone has a different driving style and what one person might consider fine, another considers dangerous. I can never let someone else drive my car and be in the passenger seat, it freaks me out too much! When my stepdad drives, I actually have to look at my lap because he won't brake until the last possible second and then he SLAMS on the brakes. It really freaks me out. Unbelievably (and thankfully), he's never caused a crash. I don't know how he hasn't!

I'll have my phone with me at the workshop. I'll be fine once I get to there, it's just the buildup. I did a few small things towards the trip just now - booked my train ticket and hotel room for the night before. I'm just about to start doing the work. Just a few last minutes procrastinating and then I'll get started! (as I've been saying for the last hour - lol)

Re x factor - James and Ella are fantastic. I do enjoy the guilty pleasure that is Rylan but at this point in the competition, he should be gone. Love the show but it's heartbreaking to watch talented people get cast out like that.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi again Eli

Yes 7 o clock. I work three 10.5 days 08.00 to 19.00!!! I do all my hours in three days so I can have time with the live in g.son and help look after my Dad! It's a bit of a killer but I suppose I'm used to it now!

I agree that a lot of drivers are like that, but I am just a danger!!

Anyway, nearly time to go now, yay!! See you laters.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

No, not ominous, just looking at myself and things which have led to relapse in the past. This time I am being honest, not only with others, but myself. In the past, I just tried to ignore some things which I knew needed work. Now, I'm actually doing what is necessary. This is not always pleasant, but I have put sobriety #1 in my life and am willing to go to any lengths. One of the things which has really helped has been SR and all of you great friends.

Bloss
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good for you Bloss. Honesty can be tough. x
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

This is my bedtime check in.

Hi Bloss, that's good then, just as long as you're okay. I found being honest with myself one of the hardest things to do. Once you do start being honest with yourself, first and foremost,that's half the battle won! More power to you! xx No pain, no gain as they say! xx

Hi Eli, hope you've de-stressed now.

Going to bed in a minute, very tired so see you all in the morning.

Night night and sleep well.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
*honesty* now that is a tricky one. I concider myself an honest person however when it comes to emotions etc I tend to be a bit *dishonest* particularly with my extended family, just to save aruguement. guess I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to confrontation either that or just too lazy to be bothered with the hassle.
So bloss, this is a hard one and any advice you're able to share on this one please send it my way.

Tanja When you and I are ready maybe we could give up the *fags* together.....lol

Eli Good luck with the workshop. Something new to focus on, relax and enjoy.

Grace I'm trying to slow down a bit with commitments, how you doing? It's really hard. Today for instance, no work so just planned to get stuck into the housework and catch up with some paperwork.......nope.........ended up running my mum to Falkirk shopping, did a food shop, rushed back to get kids, quickly finished of mopping the floor.....etc etc etc.

Peoplepleasing and one thing at a time sure didn't work today. Nevermind always tomorrow. At least I never thought about drinking suppose that's something.

Love to you all. Keep sharing and caring.
Big hugs
Nicky
x
Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sleep well, Undies....
Its so helpful to read all the posts...it really helps!
Bloss
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy thanksgiving to all those ducking out early - have a good safe and sober one

D
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hey, there, Undie-mates! I hope you're all doing well in the sober quest. A big welcome to our new members. Holidays can be a big trigger for many of us, so please stay close to SR for our loving support. We're all here to help each other stay on track.

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post
Haha, thought you might like it. This is exactly how I feel at times.
Tell why DO you love these wonderful creatures so much?
Nicky, thanks for asking! My original avatar (below) showed an elephant playing its trunk like a French horn. Sans the pachyderm, that is my real musical hobby. With some good-natured joking from my May Class of 2012, the elephant became part of my SR persona over these past few months. Hence the crazy pictures and mammoth references, and I've got loads of 'em.

Have a wonderful evening/morning, everyone. If you're traveling for Thanksgiving, have a great time and be safe. Love and hugs to all.
elephant-french-horn.jpg
Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy end of Tuesday Undies,

Just checking in before I hit the hay. Read a few pages back trying to catch up on the recent undie news. Sounds like everyone is basically doing very well in spite of the stress of long work days, workshops, workouts, neighbor's parties, soul searching and insomnia.

I am looking forward to a few days off starting Wednesday, a turducken, some pie and mashed potatoes, football and the local turkey trot. Of course, some of this time off will be devoted to work (ironic that I need time off from work to focus on work - but there it is...).

Hope you all are well tonight. Feeling fortunate to be a part of such an exceptional group of people. xox Pan
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Day 6 is in the books. Battling a headache right now. Going to try to relax before going to bed. Great job everyone Thanks for just being here and continuing to post.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Tues 7am

Hi Undies

Didn't sleep very well last night, kept going over past events from my drinking days

Feeling much more relaxed this morning though, strange.

It's great to see everyone making their own personal progress and reading some fabby info on maintaining continued soberiety.

Thanks guys. Well, time to wake the kiddies up and begin the morning mayhem.......lol

(Relaxed feeling diminished quickly...ha)

Catchyou all Later. Have a great day.
Nicky x
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

12.55 Wet. grey and miserable (the weather that is!)

Hi Undies

Hope you've all had a good day/ night. Bit busy in work at the moment so it's taking me ages to do my posts and it makes it harder when I have to keep my screen as small as possible.

Oh, oh, my lovely daughter, who works at the same place has just received a phone call from nursery asking her to go and pick her daughter up and take her to A & E, she's stuck a bead up her nose! Oh the joys!

Nicky, I'm a bit bogged down with work at the moment unfortunately. No rest for wicked so they say. I must have been very bad in my former life! Falkirk, we have a lot of customers in Falkirk and the surrounding areas! Oh and I have lots of flashbacks to my drinking days, lots, they used to torment me badly, but I decided to treat them as reminders not to drink, they have clamed down quite a lot now, just get them now and again!

Hi Bloss, hope you're okay, don't think I like it when you're this quiet!!

F.P, you have a lovely day and thanks for explaining about your passion for elephants and your French Horn!

Hi Pan, Happy thanksgiving and enjoy your few days off work even though it involves work. Try and get a bit of time to relax, we only live once.

Jjay, you're doing just fine. I hope the headache passes quickly, make sure you drink gallons of water, you could be a bit dehydrated from both giving up drinking and all the excercise at the gym!

Need to dash

See you later

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Caledonia, nights are really terrible for me. I close my eyes and so much stuff just goes through my mind. I'm going through a lot right now (have a baby on the way and my ex is 900 miles away and doesn't want me in the picture) and I just can't shut my brain off. That was a big reason for my drinking. I just wanted to not think. I just wanted to go numb for a while.

Day 7 here for me. The past couple of mornings have been tough for me. I'm usually a morning person but haven't wanted to crawl out of bed lately. Hopefully I'll feel better after breakfast.