Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 8

Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Feeling much better this evening.

Grace I'd love to hear what your mental image is of me.....lol Hope you're enjoying the party. My girls used to love those little pedal cars, they make shopping so much easier.

bloss Hope the *blah* feeling passes. Mines lasted really a full week. It's so draining isn't it? *declutter the room* *declutter the head* well so my granny used to tell me...........haha Retail therapy works wonders for me too and if all else fails just chill out and pig out (which I resorted to last week)

Nighty night guys and girls and hope everyone is having a fabby weekend.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

Back from the party and a fun time was had by all. The children loved it, my friend knows how to give a good party. She had decorated all her downstairs with cobwebs, skeletons and pumpkins, it looked amazing. Then there were party games like musical statues and musical games and a race where the children had to pair and wrap each other in toilet roll to look like mummies!! She did hotdogs and pizza's, garlic bread, jacket potatoes and all kinds of party snacks. At the end her husband did a firework display, must have cost a small fortune. Little g.son was asleep before the keys were in the ignition. Yay. I drove of course and the other half had a couple of beers. Quite a few of us were driving and on cups of tea, which always helps!

Hi Bloss, sorry you've been feeling a bit under the weather again, I hope you soon feel better. I'm trying to stop eating rubbish too, not very successfully some days. It's hard in work too, when people are always bringing cakes, biscuits and sweets in for us all to share.
The pedal car was ace, he loved it, it's a really good idea, I wouldn't mind one either.

Hi Nicky, my mental image of you is you're about 5ft 5, slim with dark hair, quite trendy and modern and of course you wear a tartan skirt (mini skirt) with being Scottish! Lol xxx
Love your 'just for today.

Well I'm going now to catch up with my August class and see what they've been up to. May see you later, if not I'll see you in the morning.

Night night, be careful out there.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:21 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

09.15 Sunday

Good morning Fundy Undies

What a night! I just could not sleep, up, down, up, down all night long, restless legs and my mind working overtime. Oh well, don't feel too bad at the moment all things considered. No doubt I'll be flagging by this afternoon. I've got nothing exciting planned for today, but that's fine.

I'll go and catch up with my other posts, seeing as its all quiet here . See you later.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today I will hug someone
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Grace your party sounded amazing, gave me a few ideas for one of my daughter's birthday party. I remember that game of wrapping a friend up in loo roll when I was younger. What a laugh!

I like your mental image of me, even the tartan miniskirt.........lol

It's very quiet here these days. Hope everyone is well, healthy and happy.

bloss hope you're feeling more like yourself today. x

We've got my brother and his partner coming for Sunday Roast today so looking forward to a chilled family day. (now that I've blitzed the house)

Feeling positive and happy today. Long may it continue.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning to my lovely Undies

Well, time change last night, have to go change clocks.

Nicky : I am just going to pretend I am happy today, then it will be so. I am eating lots, I think in an effort to feel better. I guess it's better than as my friend Grace calls it "the dirty wine". I love that description, although I drank other things, but my best buddy was bad old wine. I'll try to sneak in more movement today, although the old knee is acting up. At night I'm drinking chamomile tea and putting lavender on the pillow to try and get more rest. Sunday roast sounds nice, save me a bit!

Grace: oh no, it really is the pits when our beauty sleep is disturbed. That is problem for me a lot. Maybe, you can lie down for a few minutes...I still want that pedal car. The party sounded so fun with all the decorations. Good for you being designated driver, tea is tops! See you on the Newbie Bus...

Hugs to all the Undies
Bloss
Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Undies!
Just wanted to say hello from the beach. I had a rough couple of days with a home improvement project. The door is still not done but today is my last day off and I'm not using it to finish something I thought would only take a day! Yes, it drove my diet into the ground and I actually had thoughts of drinking. Scary because I have not had any for months. I got through it with the help of a family size pizza and throwing my sunglasses against the wall. I guess that's better than tequila... Sunglasses were fixable, my day after tequila Would not have been (I think).

Bloss, sometimes I need to pretend too. It usually works. When it doesn't, I just try to get through the day by distracting myself somehow. Sleep usually cures me. I know last night it did. Big hug to you!

Nikky, Sunday roast sounds amazing! Have a good time with the family.

Grace, the party sounds like so much fun. Enjoy your nice quiet day!

Take care
Old 11-04-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

HRB it's awful when that urge sneaks up on you, had a similar experience about 4 weeks back and like yourself a;cohol hadn't even entered my head in months. Gues that's where the *cunning, baffling and powerful* comes from. Really pleased that you managed to end the thought quickly, even if your glasses may be a little damaged..lol Good for you!

bloss I'm sending an extra wish across the land, hope you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling on top of the world. x

Grace Hope you had a relaxing day and the wee one was tired out after last night. x

Had a lovely dinner today and I even managed not cremate any food. (Unlike the old days)

Take Care

Catch you all later
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hey Undies

I forgot a special day, can't believe it, I was 8 months sober yesterday.
Now, does forgetting it mean I'm getting complacent or does it just mean I'm comfortable with it? The latter I hope.

Nighty night this time.......lol
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

22.25 Sunday

Hi again Undies

I hope you've all had a good Sunday. I've just had a so/so day, boring really, but boring is good compared to blotto! Give me boring any time! I'm really tired now, hope I get some sleep tonight as it's work tomorrow. It's very cold here tonight and I have a feeling that I will have to scrape the ice off my car tomorrow morning. I have to leave my car at the front of the house, just in case I get a call for a hospital run with my lovely dad. It's happened on several occasions. He has to go for a brain scan tomorrow to ascertain if he did have a stroke earlier in the year, which has caused him to be confused.com.

Hi Nicky in the tartan skirt, yes it has been rather quiet here the last few days. I wonder why! I hope your Sunday roast went down well, though I'm sure it will have done and it is really good to hear that you are feeling happy and positive. More power to you!

Hi Bloss, our clocks went back an hour last Sunday. Anything is better than drinking dirty wine, wine was my speciality, I got the the stage where I was swigging it out of the bottle! So very ladylike, not! Mind you, I wasn't adverse to a trying a sly drop of anything to be honest. When the other half and myself used to have a drink at the week end, I would be there with my goldfish size glasses of wine and he would have a couple of whiskeys. I'd be the one to go and do the top-ups, so I'd re-fill my wine glass, pour him a small whiskey, have a good swig of the whisky, again straight from the bottle and then because his whiskey was going down rapidly, I'd go and buy half a bottle, top his bottle up and then dispose of the empty one!!! Such a class act!
Those days have gone now, thank goodness. Lets hope I can catch up on that beauty sleep tonight and I'll see you on the bus later!! I hope you soon feel better in yourself and your knee doesn't give you too much jip!

Hi HRB70, good to see you. Don't worry too much about not finishing that door, if it's anything like my house it will still be there tomorrow. Lol. Good for you for taking a day out, that S.V has a way of sneaking up on us when we're tired and you did well to distract yourself from it! Well done you!

Going to bed in a minute.

Night night and be careful out there. See you tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Caledonia

D
Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 months Caledonia!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good morning to all my undies

I just did a big long post and lost it all. How annoying. Grrr!

A very cold, icy morning it is here. It took me ages to de-ice my car this morning, but I bet it will be nice in a couple of hours. The other half starts his new job this morning so he is all suited and booted. Anyway, I slept well thank goodness, didn't want to get up though.

I hope you've all had a good weekend. It's been very quiet here since I logged off last night

Nicky, fancy forgetting that. Well done you, keep doing what you're doing, you're obviously doing it right.

Hi Bloss and HRB70, enjoy your day.

Going to make myself a coffee now and do a bit of work. Catch up with you all later now doubt.

Stay safe and sobber
Just for today I will tell someone I love that I love them
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Just checking in. I spend so much time catching up on my May thread. I want to take that much time here too but have so much to get done! But I want to keep checking in here too as I read everything you all write and it helps a lot! So thank you all. I had a good but busy weekend. I have a million and a half things on my mind. I am going to try to run. I have had it in my head that my body is screaming for action. When I was angry or hurt, I think my AV used to tell me that the only way I could fully express exactly how angry or hurt I was was by pounding vodka. Now I need another expression of my anger and hurt, and I feel like running, becoming a sweaty exhausted mess, may be the ticket. Cleaning was a nice time/mind occupier, but it didn't give me that release of my emotions.
Caldeonia, Grats on 8 months! I love it!
Grace, you are one busy lady! Good luck for your fathers brain scan tomorrow. And taking care of grandkiddos? Yikes. How are doing balancing all the responsibility with some you time?
HRB, home improvement hell buddy! All I will say on the matter is I hope you have peace about the status of the door. Hahah. Hope you enjoyed the beach too. There is just something about the vast expanse of water and waves that is amazing and makes you admire.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies, lunch time visit.

My dad had is brain scan, but we wont have the results for a couple of weeks yet. He doesn't seem to be too bad today according to my mum, but he's had her up since 4 a.m because he knew he had an appointment today.

Hi Oll pleased to hear you had a good weekend and I think running is definitely worth a try, I wish I had time to do it! I do quite a bit of power walking which does clear the cobwebs and gives me chance to think. Unfortunately I have very little 'me time' sometimes I feel like I'm running round like a headless chicken, it will get a little bit easier after Christmas as my live in g.son should hopefully be going to nursery full time, he goes 3 days now, and my little g. daugher will be going all day Monday and every morning the rest of the week.

Any way, best go again and I'll see you all later.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Monday Morning...6:45 a.m.

Nicky: First of all Congratulations Nicky....8 months is a good amount of time. If I may ask, is this your first attempt at long term sobriety? Hope I'm not being too curious. I think measuring months is good incentive to keep going. As most of us have discovered it is the day to day life struggles, the grind whatever we call it that wears us down. Add to that whatever issues we've been carrying with us for in my case years. Anyway I am so happy for you, there have been times you have lifted my mood and attitude. You have been a great help to me.

Grace: There are not many times of the year where We have ice here, but it happens maybe adding up to a couple weeks per year. The times snow has settled are few, drive up to the hills, about 45 minutes from here and it is a different situation. I often have times, although busy, when what I am doing is is uninspired . This past weekend we took in recycling, did yard work, took some short walks but it was routine. I rarely have adventure. I'm getting older and wish I had travelled abroad, now it is a pain at the airports, all kinds of hoops to jump through. Sending out best wishes to your partner on the new job!

HRB: I have been eating to cope with unsettled feelings lately. It is not really addressing what is bothering me, but until I sort out my thoughts and work through it if I have to have a pastry, pie, burger, ok Hopefully, I will get to a more comfortable mental zone soon. Just telling myself I will not give in to a thought filled with despair, or hopelessness is vital for me, if I have to get angry and shout the thought down ( privately, of course), I do. I've found I pile up too many things to get done in too little time, which leads to frustration. Lets be fair to ourselves and take care of our feelings.

OneLessLonely: I feel like you, my mind needs release and I can't use the alcohol to slow down the thoughts. I've been moving furniture and cleaning out drawers. Still, I too need more, running is supposed to release good endorphins, let us know if it helps, I am interested.

Have a good Monday Undes, one and all
Bloss
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Grace: glad your dad had his scan done and hope it comes out normal, good thoughts/ prayers coming your way. I am so pleased you will be getting help with the Children around Christmas. I am going to try to get online earlier as many people are hours ahead on east coast and across the pond.

Bloss
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Whew! I did go for that "run." I ran 3 spurts of 4 telephone pole lengths, and walked in between. My chest and my throat hurt by the third telephone pole each time. It felt amazing until mother nature played a cruel trick on me and I got *those* cramps. I struggled on the way back. But I got in and listened to some meditative music and just felt my body still buzzing from the cold and my pulse. It was fantastic, maybe close to the "runner's high." I feel great right now. Took a hot shower and am going to grab lunch with a friend. Nothing has changed about the issues that are plaguing me right now, but I feel better and more stable than when I woke up this morning. The thing is that I have to keep it up to be able to run further each time and really attain the hobby of running. I have tried before but the chest and throat pain have derailed me before. And it was much easier to stay home and drink. Now that drinking is off the table, I'm hoping this is the time I keep up with the running.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi again, just a quickie

Hi Bloss, good to hear from you. I always look out for your posts. I don't mind the busy, uninspired days to be honest, they're are better and more productive than some of the days I've had in the past. Lol.I've not done that much travelling myself either, it's only in the recent years that I've been abroad and hey, you're never too old!
Thanks for your kind wishes for my lovely Dad, much appreciated.

Wonder where everyone is today, it's so quiet. I hope all is well.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good for you Oll. I forgot about that throat and chest pain, I can feel it now you've reminded me!! It will get easier though if you keep it up. I walk like that, so many steps as quicky as I can, then I slow down and walk the same amount at a normal speed to get my breath. Bloomin' nuisance 'those cramps' so glad I've done with all that! That's something I don't miss for a second.
I pray that your mind gets some respite soon. xx much love.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Monday still, 10:00 a.m.

Grace: I'm sure everyone is fine, probably just busy! Good, positive thinking...as long as we're still kicking it is never too late.

OneLessLonely: the dreaded cramps, I subscribed to Runners Magazine a couple years ago. Then I read all these books about Marathons, also Ultra Marathon types. Very interesting, but to tell the truth I never run too far, mostly try to walk and maybe hills, if my knee is not acting up. I'm getting older now, when I was in my thirties I was really into lifting weights, not heavy, just body building. For about 2 years that kept me sober. Then marriage difficulities and other issues derailed me. But, getting something we really enjoy that is actually positive, like exercise is great. I am again struggling with eating a a bunch of unhealthy food. For a few months at the start of the year, I did so well. Time flys by, where have the years gone? I think you are still a young person, it will be so wonderful if you maintain your sobriety long term. If I could turn back the clock, I would. But, better to focus on today and what we can do in our own personal situations to the positive. Take care today.

Bloss