Notices

Class Of October 2012

Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Welcome to Oct-Sober Natalie
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

MN,

Northamptons not that bad!! I moved here about a 2 years ago, unfortunately , despite the beauty and culture here i bought my drinking problems with me.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnthediver View Post
MN,

Northamptons not that bad!! I moved here about a 2 years ago, unfortunately , despite the beauty and culture here i bought my drinking problems with me.
Haha I know, I shouldn't moan It's actually looks very pretty now with the sun shining (well the back garden does!). I was just reading through your other thread, day 5 for me was always the worst seemed like an eternity just to get to that point, after that though I was looking forward to getting to one week.

My problem since joining has been giving up at the 2-3 week mark (before that was drinking every other day) with the mindset, I feel great! I'm cured! There is no problem here, wine for me please.

Doh!

Good luck with your journey
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone and congrats for you all being here...I am on Day 3 and had a rough day....great sleep but woke up looking like crap and feeling like crap but not from drinking...from not drinking and I will take that I am an alcoholic who is going to stay sober..I am done with it. Love being here with all you great people who understand me. Chat later. Missing.. hug to all
Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 2. "We deserve to have Sarah back, not this monster you have become." That's the words that ring in my head this morning. I agree. Hubby should be coming home tonight. I'm scared to see him, as though I think he is going to be mean to me. Which he has every right to be. But I'm not ready for that. But then again, he wasn't ready for me to be a drunk either. I'm not going to stress. I will just take it as it comes. Serenity prayer......... Have a good day!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I'm starting day 5 and I feel good. Last night was the first night that I didn't have twitches that woke me up. I ended up sleeping through the night. An odd dream did wake me at 5 am but that's not bad. Is it bad that I am already worried about Friday, sat, and Sunday? I'm trying to plan activities to keep me busy. I'm doing this alone becaus no one around me even knew how much I really drank. You guys are my support and this site has helped me so much. So thank you everyone and stay strong today
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Natalie and John

D
Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I too am worried about the weekend...it is Thanksgiving for us and lots of socializing and cheer...my boyfriend will be by my side and help me through it. I can do this...so can you
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hope- my son has an hour of guitar lessons and I would usually drive up to the olive garden and sit int eh bar slamming 3-4 glasses of wine. That's how I would get started on the weekend. I'd pick up a bottle on the way home.

Natile - well said. I SO relate. We have only one and I also had him late in life. I quit drinking for 10 years had my son and 6 years ago its been awful for me and my family.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Well, I deicided not to drink anything last night...so I officially haven't had a drink since about 9pm on Monday, October 1, 2012. Usually, I'd go to bed full of whiskey and vicodin. Last night I went to bed with my own thoughts instead. Very scary, and obviously I got maybe 30 minutes sleep. Needless to say, I am in zombie mode right now. My stomach is killing me and I wasn't able to eat breakfast because I'm too nauseous. Then again, its not much worse than the way I've felt coming to work after drinking all night, so I guess it's better to feel like crap and drag ass because you're not drinking, right?

It's time to do something now...last night I really realized that the past couple of months I haven't been as "functioning" an alcoholic as I thought I was. My attitude towards school and work haven't been the same. My performance hasn't been the same. At work, I have been forgetting things that are part of my daily routine; as I said in another post, I am an A student and I failed my frist class. I just remembered last night that the other day on my way to work, I fell asleep/blacked out behind the wheel at a stop light. Luckily, somehow my foot stayed on the brake and no one was coming. I'm not sure how long I was there. I woke up about 3 car lengths back alone and the light was green.

I can't take time off right now, as we're in a super busy period...so I really hope I can do this. *fingers crossed*

Mornings like this, I wish coffee didn't make me so sick. I'd love a pot...or two.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Neverthought i was part of may 2011 too. Lets do it this time! Im all good today but am worried about thursday. Have a yood night everyone
Robinson, I remember you. At least my memory is still good. And I agree, let's do it this time and you can handle Thursday, I know you can.

Good Morning All!

October Rocks!....I'm so happy that on a whim I decided to face my demon with the support of SR again after nearly 15 months away!

It's day 2.....And I wish I could fast forward two months and be where I was before.

I think 2 months is short, because I want to quit forever, but it would certainly be a good start.

Let's all keep fighting!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I drank again. I know I'm powerless but this is ridiculous. I let myself down again. Ugh.
I rationalize it at the time. It's so easy to do. And it's such a complete compulsion that it goes beyond an urge. It strikes like lightning. I wish, I could convince my wife to not have it in the house. Not that it's her fault but it would definitely help if it wasn't here. Well, October 3rd is a nice day to get sober, right?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

By George...I think I've got this.
Had a horrible urge yesterday at beer:30. It was almost like my mind and body were not working together. I walked out to the garage, sat down at my "smoking/drinking table" and lit a cigarette. Usually I'm gone at that point. I am trying to quit both since they so nicely go together. Instead of letting go, I just leaned back, closed my eyes and thought of every reason I didn't want to give in. I did not want to be back at day one again! Yes, I smoked that cigarette, but I didn't get the beer. The rest of the night I was fine. Quite pleased with myself actually. All I had to do was ride out a ten minute urge and I got through another day.

Congrats on all the other day threes, fours and so on.
Thank-you Dee for the Urge Surfing link. Very useful information.

Reading the justifications is another great source to whoever posted that. The fact that someone else has used every reason that pops into my head to pick up a drink sort of knocks me into reality. I can say to my AV, "Dude, really, I've heard that before." And don't be fooled, I do find myself talking to myself (out loud).

Great Day to All
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Bulkhead,
Hang in there. Today is a great day for day one. My DH drinks also so I always have beer in the house. I really had to get a grip on that. Once I finally admitted to myself that I just would have gone to the store anyway if I wanted one, facing it in the fridge got easier. Good luck on the new start.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I just want to do a quick introduction. I started Oct 1st so this is my day 3. I didn't post because I just didn't want to fail on the first day... again. I'm completely sick and tried of the power this ridiculous drink has over my thoughts! You could say I have things pretty well under control. One beer a night ... no big deal. But Ohhhh I LOVE it. I love the way it makes me feel. I love the buzz. I love the sound of the top popping. I love the taste. I love how it makes me feel fun with my kids and a bit more amorous with my hubby. All good things .. right? Let me tell you what I DON'T like. I'm tired of timing everything around the beer. If people are coming for dinner, I need time to chug it. Are we going out? I need to drink before we leave so no one knows. I drink it on an empty stomach so it hits me faster. I have found an IPA with a much higher alcohol content so nothing else will do. I have started taking swings from my hubby's beer when he isn't looking. Ain't I a doll?
Who does this? How can something so little have so much control over my thoughts?! It has also been a huge impact on my walk with Christ. He has shown me that anything with this much power over my life has to go. Instead, I have believed the lie of "moderation" is the key. Blah ... what a joke. Whether it's one beer, or one pill, it's still something that I'm relying on to get me through. I'm tired of it.
So anyhoo ... here I be ... again. I hate to sound so defeated but it's like "Yeah, you said that before .." I pray this time it sticks.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I have the worst head ache ever. Just feel really irritable. Jittery and dizzy

If i can manage to keep sober, itl be the best thing ever as i keep having to go through withdrawel and this has to be the last time
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good Morning How's everyone doing? I got to shifts of sleep lasting about 2 hrs each. That and lack of energy has really got me down. For me I've been going to my stero room and blating my favorite music which seemed to help me alot during day as the loudnessseemed to go right through my body. I always loved music since I bought my 1st beatles 45 rpm. I am an avid classic rock fan, so music ,as they say ,is soothing for the soul. Maybe it will help someone else. I'm on day 4 of opiod W/D and boy does it suck. I didn;t even abuse them, just taken on pain Drs. prescription as directed. 30 oxys 3 times a day and 3 perc's 5's 3 time a day. I have a previous thread in newcomers which explains my situation. But nice to be here.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Cheese,

I find the desire to not re-experience any withdrawal again a highly motivating factor to avoid relapse.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by styxfan View Post
Good Morning How's everyone doing? I got to shifts of sleep lasting about 2 hrs each. That and lack of energy has really got me down. For me I've been going to my stero room and blating my favorite music which seemed to help me alot during day as the loudnessseemed to go right through my body. I always loved music since I bought my 1st beatles 45 rpm. I am an avid classic rock fan, so music ,as they say ,is soothing for the soul. Maybe it will help someone else. I'm on day 4 of opiod W/D and boy does it suck. I didn;t even abuse them, just taken on pain Drs. prescription as directed. 30 oxys 3 times a day and 3 perc's 5's 3 time a day. I have a previous thread in newcomers which explains my situation. But nice to be here.

I'm listening to my playlist while I'm at work. Music definitely helps.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

hello

welcome to all the newcomers

sorry to heAr some of us are struggling.stick around sr,stay strong, thinking of you

just got home and feeling really ill so hot bath and bed for me.

may see you later,if not it will be day 6 for me tomorrow

Love&hugsclassmates.x