Notices

Class Of October 2012

Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hi Robinson welcome, any particular reason your worried about Thursday?
gigabit - loved the quote, thanks. Hang in there
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I would like to join however I quit 9/30/12.. I'm sure you all won't mind..thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

New to group and on day 5. I was feeling pretty good until an hour ago. I am constantly thinking about drinking now. I am not necessarily craving a drink - just cannot get my mind off what I am doing. This is what is needed and I know I am one of those who will never be a moderate drinker. I haven't been too challenged in these first 5 but I think about how to answer why I am skipping happy hours or what to do in two weekends when we go to beach with friends. I have told my wife about what I am doing but not sure I want friends / co-workers to know.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome banshee and styxfan

D
Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GottaWonder View Post
Using politics to shore up your spare time? Brilliant! Though having to deal with political problems this early would certainly tempt me to drink That's just me though.
Eh. If they are crazy enough to elect me I'm just going to vote no on everything. Should be easy.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
New to group and on day 5. I was feeling pretty good until an hour ago.
Hi Banshee,
I'm on Day 5 too

Moods go up and down at the moment for me, hopefully you'll swing back to feeling good again soon!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I'm new to the forums and in for October. Starting today, October 3rd.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 4surf

D
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi gigabit - I really like your Hecato quote. I was not familiar with Him so googled based on your quote and found it fascinating.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Well apparently September wasn't my month. October it is. Lets do this!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chard

D
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Welcome Banshee,Chardonnay,Robinson,4surf4life & Styxfan-it's great to see so many new classmates

Congrats on day 5 gigabit-how are you feeling? great quote!

cheese-how are you?we're thinking of you

Morning Canguy-hope you have a good day

How are you Jimjim?

Glad you sleptuninvited-good on you running for council-I did that some years ago-it was fun but hard work!

Hope you're feeling better MTN and had good sleep

SLightly worried today-last day at work-good reason to drink???NO NO NO. If I can get through tonight I know it'll be ok.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Morning all

Thanks JHE... still waiting for that morning where I wake up feeling amazing!! Lol set alarm for 5 this morning as had such an early night... hmmm and snooze, and snooze, and snooze some more You'll be ok this evening, hang around here, watch some rubbish tele (or good tele!) read a book, bake some cakes...

Great quote gigabit, that's twice this week I have come across that, I'd never heard it before. It came up in a book I'm reading (fiction) 2 lads went to the same childrens home, one became a cop the other a serial killer (a bit of light reading lol) and it kept coming up - which dog did you feed? I guess I fed the wrong dog etc... ooh must be trying to tell me something

Welcome to all the newcomers, October will be our month!

Hope everyone is doing well, here's to a happy sober wednesday! I've done too much snoozing, need to get my skates on now. Have a great day all
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

...oh sh*t, heading into my daily danger zone right now. End of a busy day, some longstanding things cleared up....sunny afternoon. Beer o'clock we call it.

But I'm going to the Dr....need to sleep better.

Hang around here when I get back.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
...oh sh*t, heading into my daily danger zone right now.
Know the feeling. You can do it though
Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

I'm joining here, just coming to the end of day 5, lets make it a great sober october!!! x
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Im on day two of sobtober.. i messed up on the 1st of october but oh well lol, its only morning for me but i think i wont drink tonight, im not taking any money work so i cant get wine on way home
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Great active thread. I drank for 3 days the last week in September then put my Valium down the garbage disposal and returned to sanity. I believe the Valium made me lower my guard and my resolve to stay sober. I was going on 5 months for crying out loud. What a waste that was. My birthday was yesterday which is the first day of my new sobriety. I went out to dinner on Sept 30 and drank. So October 1 it is. I love my new sobriety date. It is cool to get sober on your birthday. I have told my hubby to call me on my bull **** and not enable me when i ask for romantic wine dinners and promises of great sex . It's hard when your own husband thinks your aren't a 'real' alcoholic but I've told him i no longer enjoy being drunk and driving our daughter around when i've drank kills me. I really cant deal with the shame and guilt of doing this. We had this kid in our 40's. She was so wanted. She is so loved. How on earth can i endanger her life lile that. Because I am an alcoholic. There can't be any other explanation for my behavior and I know it. I really think hubby got it this time.

Glad to be in the October class. I am trying again because I LOVE my life when alcohol is out of the equation. Not because my life is perfect when I don't drink but because I find joy even in the imperfections when alcohol isnt blocking my connection with my higher self.

I am reading The Dao Te Ching which has answered many of my existential questions in the past and giving the notion of a loving and benevolent supreme being less universe a chance to help me in my third and hopefully last attempt at sobriety.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hey cheese. You can get through tonight, have you got anything planned to do?

Welcome John Did I read that you moved to Thailand from Nottingham? Very nice! I used to live in Nottingham but only managed to move home to dreary Northampton lol Congrats on your day 5.

Hope you are ok canguy!

I'm just having a sit down, I'm drinking Twinings 'calm' tea... not through choice, have run out of Tetley! It must have been in my cupboard for 4 years since I was pregnant. It's quite nice actually... I'll let you all know if it's any good and whether a zen like calm descends upon me... (doubt it )
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Welcome Natalie