Notices

Class Of October 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Morning again... I was originally up with a poorly DD at 4.30, thankfully we all managed to get back to sleep until 8.

Ticking off JimJim?! That wasn't a ticking off... that was an erm order LOL Haha no, I would never do either to anybody. Maybe

Hugs JHE and Gigabit and anybody else who is under the weather. I still feel rubbish and am feeling very sorry for myself now. I want to be up out and enjoying things feeling good. Fed up I'd go to the doctor but they have a rule of antibiotics only for bacterial not viral infections, so I'd get sent home and told to pull my socks up and stop being a wimp... (moan moan moan!)

How are you feeling now canguy? Bit better I hope. Get straight back on it and early night tonight

Defo get rid of the bottles SOF.

Hello and welcome to our newcomers and well done everybody who has reached a new day sober
thinkwe have the same doc lol!x
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
thinkwe have the same doc lol!x
Lol and mine would probably be right, I do need to pull my socks up! Last Xmas was a nightmare - I had tonsilitis, got told to go home and rest. Yeah...xmas alone, 2 kids, mum in France, brother in London... fat chance and no chance at least getting all out of the way early this year.

DD's laying on the sofa watching Annie (again) might go join here and relive my childhood....

The sun'll come out...

Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Well. Here we go again. Day 1. Hope you'll have me.
Octsober? I love it.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Welcome Easyrider Always room for one more!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back ER
whats the plan?

D
Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee good question. Don't have one thus far. I'll be on here a lot though it really helped...last time... but obviously something went wrong! So I need to do something different, just need to figure out what that is. :O)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Day 2, feeling strung out and didn't want to get out of bed, but feeling a hell of a lot better than yesterday at this time.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear it Maples - hope everyone has a good day

D
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hey Can, sorry to hear you are struggling. Stay close to us.

MTN, justhadenough, gig - Hope your feeling better soon.. lot's of people feeling i'll huh

Iamready, so you are on day six now?

Johnthediver, Hey john, yeh sleep is a bit rotten this end too and the night times can be difficult in lots of ways. But a little wearyness is far better than feeling the aftermath of boozee the next day hey?

Hey EasyRider, Welcome back, I think this group was originally called Sobtober but it changed to Octsober because the former sounded a little morose. lol.

I only had a couple of hours sleep last night, but I woke up to a beautifully crisp, sunnny day here in the soutwest of England.day seven, or one whole week. I had a meeting about volunteering in the local hospital this morning I will be helping patients find their way generally and helping them use the new, electronic self booking-in system. Problem is, they have not installed the booking-in equipment yet so it could take a while before I'm needed.

It was good to be in a hospital atmosphere again anyhow. I always seem to get stick from porters lol. I even got it today in the lift when I almost bumped into a trolley to be blasted with some quick witted remark about knowing which side of the road to drive on. I need to put on some muscle in the gym I think to look scary. The hosital is such a hostile environment, I need to defend myself. Anyway, need to find a purpose for myself, Plan B is dog walking I think, I can do that stratight away.

I see that the September group have 'The podium'. They get to check in there on Monday mornings after remianing abstinant over thee weekend. I think weekends can be a trigger for some, maybe we could create some kind of monday morning check in gimic for extra motivation to make it through the weekend? any ideas for an Octsober version?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Fast losing my mojo, it's all there, I knew it would be, good old AV - well you feel rubbish anyway, may as well drink... repeat on loop.

Pffft. Oh well. Luckily we are still slobbing about in our PJs. I need to get going and do something, even if it's only in the house.

I've been looking at this and thinking about it http://www.smartrecovery.org/resourc..._Worksheet.pdf

I'll write it up later, I think some of the problems I find with the worksheets is that they can be filled in in 5 minutes with little thought other than there - done. File to deal with another day. So i'm trying to take my time and think more deeply about them.

I should probably be posting on the SMART site... I can't keep up with 2 forums!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Podium and a full English breakfast from me for all that make it through the weekend! Feel free to add your own rewards lol.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Fast losing my mojo, it's all there, I knew it would be, good old AV - well you feel rubbish anyway, may as well drink... repeat on loop.
Recognising it as the AV is good. I like the bit from the AVRT crash course about using the neocortex to to flex your index finger - the AV can't do that!

Take care
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
Recognising it as the AV is good. I like the bit from the AVRT crash course about using the neocortex to to flex your index finger - the AV can't do that!

Take care
Yes, very true! Thanks for the reminder. I do need to go over everything I have read already as it really does help. For now though I'm going to get off my bum and do something productive!

Hope you are feeling a little better
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

@jimjim this am starts day 6. I had a dream last night that I drank I woke up so disappointed in myself. It took me a few min to realize it was just a dream. Thank goodness!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

stick with it MTN-come on here if you feel tempted.canyou maybe go for a walk-get outof the house.

congrats on a week Jimjim,hope your day at work goes well

welcome easyrider.

been shopping,watching harry potter nowl!! going for a swim and sauna this afternoon,hopefully make me feel better.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

ok, so i have to omit, last night didnt go well,

im on day one again, sorry guys
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Iamready View Post
@jimjim this am starts day 6. I had a dream last night that I drank I woke up so disappointed in myself. It took me a few min to realize it was just a dream. Thank goodness!
Exact same thing happened to me night before last. What I found really odd was in the vivid dream I was drinking a brand of spirits I'd never heard of.

Was glad to realise it was a dream only.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheese1 View Post
ok, so i have to omit, last night didnt go well,

im on day one again, sorry guys
Welcome back, at least you're back here and trying again, so kudos to you
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

coming back is half the battle cheese
any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Well I guess I will be part of the October class if you will have me. I was in September and had 10 days sober, but had 4 beers last night. Not sure why, but regardless I drank. I feel better sober, and hate myself right now. I am so mad I gave up ten sober days.