View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
SoulOnFire

Well, I deicided not to drink anything last night...so I officially haven't had a drink since about 9pm on Monday, October 1, 2012. Usually, I'd go to bed full of whiskey and vicodin. Last night I went to bed with my own thoughts instead. Very scary, and obviously I got maybe 30 minutes sleep. Needless to say, I am in zombie mode right now. My stomach is killing me and I wasn't able to eat breakfast because I'm too nauseous. Then again, its not much worse than the way I've felt coming to work after drinking all night, so I guess it's better to feel like crap and drag ass because you're not drinking, right?

It's time to do something now...last night I really realized that the past couple of months I haven't been as "functioning" an alcoholic as I thought I was. My attitude towards school and work haven't been the same. My performance hasn't been the same. At work, I have been forgetting things that are part of my daily routine; as I said in another post, I am an A student and I failed my frist class. I just remembered last night that the other day on my way to work, I fell asleep/blacked out behind the wheel at a stop light. Luckily, somehow my foot stayed on the brake and no one was coming. I'm not sure how long I was there. I woke up about 3 car lengths back alone and the light was green.

I can't take time off right now, as we're in a super busy period...so I really hope I can do this. *fingers crossed*

Mornings like this, I wish coffee didn't make me so sick. I'd love a pot...or two.