Notices

Class of July 2012 part 2

Old 07-20-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

See R4R! I'm right here with you!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Mel, so sorry to hear you are in the hospital! I hope everything goes well with your tests and that you're out soon!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 12 Smitty & day 6 Mtnseer & Todayisgood& Boozefree

Nearly 3 weeks good stuff auckland

R4R& SBB at weddings-hope all goes well

WelcomeObladi

tonight we are getting a Chinese takeout, I have HaagenDazs for later and blackcurrant with soda water (new fave tipple!!)

Bit greedy but hey it's better than wine

Day 20 tomorrow and I feel much more positive than last time. I accept that I am now a person who just doesn't drink.Last time it felt more like a battle-this time I've accepted it-don't know if anyone knows what I mean

Hope you are ok Mel.

p.s.Never heard of Don Knotts either!!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

WOW! Just woke up from a zombie-like sleep (a good thing) and was so happy to see all the great posts from during the night. Congrats to everyone on their milestones (Day 5 starts for me). Welcome newbies, great solid plans for those with upcoming gigs, weddings and other temptations that'll be a breeze, and just a good ol' Happy Friday/weekend to everyone. Mel: hope all is OK.

PS: Barney Fife & Ralph Hurley Rule, Dee!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Boozefree, I play pop music with lots of vocal harmonies.

July is so intense that I know it's an excellent idea to stay sober, cause if I start drinking I don't think I can manage to do all the things I got to do.

Congrats on day 19 justhadenough!

I hope we hear from Mel soon.

Ok see you later friends, I'm gonna get ready for tonight's gig. And I'll think about you all right after the gig, when the others have a beer!

xo
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hey Sentso! I was just thinking about some of your recent posts and they bring back a lot of memories of days gone by. My ex brother-in-law and a bunch of friends (and exes) were all musicians (I'm going back many years). I remember the alcohol-fuelled days and nights and think now about how all of our lives are today. Most of us are alcoholics but most of us too have or are trying to quit. It was all part of the industry back then and still is now. And will always be. I know you can do this and I'm sure it'll make you an even more creative artist than you already are. Will be thinking about you this weekend. Rock on!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Have a great gig Sentso! It gets me thinking too lwb, most of my exes were musicians... never again LOL.

Just checking in quickly, had a crappy afternoon, nothing went right. I ended up just sitting whilst DD was at nursery and feeling despondent. Something on the tele showed a woman drinking a nice chilled lager... I was near foaming at the mouth! I didn't go there. Picked DD up, picked a chinese up, got everybody fed and settled...

and now at nearly 8.30pm on a Friday night - I'm off to bed. Rock on!

Enjoy the rest of Friday all
Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well Sentso

I know what you mean MTN-I struggle watching people drinking on TV too. Congrats on not giving in.

sleep well everyone.see you all for a sober Saturday morning.x
Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

jhe... I saw a commercial last night for some sort of beer - in a wine goblet or something. Yeah, it did look good.... BUT looks can be deceiving.. and they are deceiving in this case!

Just cleaned up from preparing to paint. Six hours of tearing out baseboard, de-nailing everything, taking all the trim off the front door, window and three other rooms... done for the day. Have to fix something to eat and then off to my Friday meeting... all by myself Social anxiety starts to set in..... it shouldn't - there's like 100 or so people at this meeting so shouldn't be that hard... but it is.... ok deep breath....
Hopefully my would-be sponsor will be there.... since I haven't been able to connect with her yet.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a booze free weekend, I know I will because on Monday I said

I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Something on the tele showed a woman drinking a nice chilled lager... I was near foaming at the mouth! I didn't go there. Picked DD up, picked a chinese up, got everybody fed and settled...
Good on you!! I saw a commercial for wine (not my favourite but it was wine nonetheless) and my heart started racing. I quickly got up to do something else. Amazing what can trigger us. Good on ya!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks for your messages guys!

The gig went very well, and I didn't drink.

The first guy who was playing was drunk on stage, drinking directly from the bottle, and that made me a little sad, for some stupid obvious reason (he's cool and rock'n'roll and you're not, said the bad guy in my head)

Also I was really worried after the show, cause some guys from another band whom we had toured with a couple years ago came backstage, and needless to say we used to drink A LOT together, and of course everyone from both bands started drinking.
I stuck to water till someone said he was going to the hotel, and so I left, saying I was exhausted.
So here I am, at the very beginning of day 5.

Good night everybody, sleep well!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Sentso
(he's cool and rock'n'roll and you're not, said the bad guy in my head)
I used to think that too...now I think being confident and secure enough to do what I know is right and good for me is probably the coolest anyone can get, y'know?

D
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Yep, I know. It's just the whole rock'n'roll fantasy is hard to forget... I'm quite confident though tonight. Thanks Dee, have a good night!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Administrator

morning here LOL but I will Sentso thanks - jamming tomorrow

D
Old 07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Day 19

Gone: Insomnia, Cravings, Body Aches
The Same: Body overheat, Fatigue, Palpitations
Worse: Constipation, anxiety, Headache
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about seeing a Dr Tim?

D
Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Well yeah, I went to the Dr. and he wouldn't prescribe me anything. I don't even know what there IS to prescribe. He was super judgemental as I mentioned, and I was actually wanting to drink when I came out of there. That was day 11.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I haven't been on forum for a bit.
Tim, sorry your Dr was judgmental, I hate that.They are supposed to be compassionate! Maybe find another one!

I haven't been able to catch up on posts yet but from what I have surmised in skimming them everyone is doing pretty darn well!

I am PROUD to say tomorrow will be 2 weeks for me! I haven't gone that long since '97 I believe. I just feel so fed up with my habits.

I am going for hypnotherapy next week. Not so much for drinking but issues that may contribute. Has anyone gone through any sessions with this?

Dee, thank you for all you do!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Aug - congrats on your two weeks

D