Notices

Class of July 2012 part 2

Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

FDM don't give up!

Just at congrats on the week sober!

Day 5 here. I slept way better last night. Still lacking energy tho. Each day I have felt a lil better then the past day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

One more hurdle (for now...)

Start of Day 4. Slept so hard last night wouldn't have heard a bomb go off. Visiting my folks for our weekly lunch - they always offer a drink(s) - my mom especially is pushy about it and she's not even a drinker. Just have to get through this one and I'll have jumped and cleared three major drinking hurdles this week. Looking forward to a quieter weekend with my newly non-drinking crabby hubby. God bless his soul for joining me on this journey and sticking to it.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

FDM - Don't give up! As long as you WANT to keep trying it'll happen. On Day 4 and will be thinking about you!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me. Had weird dreams all night, and woke up exhausted. Could also be because I got up last night after drinking so much liquid.
Feel off today - lights are too bright, almost feel detached from my surroundings. Very weird
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

One week today...I can't believe it...but oh so grateful. It gets much harder to go back out. I couldn't have made it without everyone here on SR...this is a great place
Myjourney
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Happy Thursday Friends!!

LWB... Way to go on the first two 'tests'... I'm sure you'll get through this one also. You've built some confidence that 'yeah, maybe I really can do this'. Good for you.

Great job on Day 5, BF, TiG, MtnS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.

MyT - Do it. No, really.... what's the alternative?

Very Nice on the 18 jhe and sarah

Likewise to you jstar (have fun at the meeting) and mj4m... one week milestone

Sarah.... amen, sister. No faling back into that pit....

Good job Emma on the 11.

Santso.... my drink of choice is diet root beer at the moment.

Mel.... that voice came from the depths of hell.... and should be ignored at all costs

IMT... welcome to day 4

FDM... We know you can do this - my prayer is that you will know... really know you can do this too.

Two weeks for me today. Feel good. Just called my potential sponsor who I met last Friday. She's supposed to call me back. I'm not so much the social butterfly type, so even calling her was a huge thing for me. Not sure, may go to a meeting tonight... or just stay home and read the personal stories in the AA book. I read through the rest... really wanting to read the rational recovery one though.

Well, off to take everything down from our hallway and living room walls to get ready to paint tomorrow. At least I'll feel like I've done something while being off. Good news is that work is giving me half pay for the 9th through the 25th (since I'm checking emails and stuff from home)... and they are still going to push the Short-term disability through also... so it will a little easier financially.

Ok, have a great Thursday!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Sentso and R4R - I CAN do it and I know you guys can too!

Well done everybody on their milestones

Busy day here, but feeling good and awake. It hasn't crossed my mind to drink today at all so I'm really pleased with that, here's hoping that continues! Another thing I've noticed is that I sit and watch the television more, before it would be as soon as the kids in bed rush out to the back room with my wine and laptop set up. I might be watching rubbish lol but it's the simple habit breaking things.

Welcome back Fdm - I was about to send out the search party If you don't mind me asking, what led you to experiment with tequila? Is it something you wouldn't normally drink so wanted to see if the reaction was different? Feel free not to answer if you don't want to. Hope your joints ease up very soon.

8pm here and I've only just had a chance to eat my dinner so a couple of hours of whatever then bedtime. Looking forward to my early morning flail about

Enjoy the rest of Thursday everybody!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

And welcome back Change4good! I missed your post! Wow a half marathon - a great goal to aim for. Hope all is ok with you
Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

It's been more than two weeks now since I had my last drink. Didn't make it this far previously.

Best wishes all.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome it'smytime
congratulations to everyone celebrating weeks and two week milestones

I did the same experiment for about 20 years FDM - always wanting a different result but never getting it...

do you think you've finally accepted the results now FDM?

D
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats for more than two weeks, it's awesome!

R4R, I tasted root beer once, and it didn't suit my french palate! But I'll try it again sometime. A lot of american food or drinks were quite surprising for me. Peanut butter for example... at first I hated it!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Smile 3 for 3

This is all just too surreal (and weird). Cleared third hurdle today - lunch with my folks. Dad asked me if I wanted my "regular" and I said I stopped drinking on the weekend. He's never pushy so that was that. The kicker was my MOTHER!! This woman does not take no for an answer. She asked my dad why he wasn't making me a drink and he said I stopped drinking. She asked if I was sure and I said 'yes'. And that was the end of it. Now you guys don't know my mother - if she doesn't get the answer she wants, she'll ask you the same question 15 times (really, no lie) til you give in. After I said no thanks the second time, the subject of a drink was never brought up again. That's a first in my LIFETIME with her.

Can't believe what's happened so far this week. It's just been too good to be true! And God bless SR and everyone on it! xoxo
Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day four for me. As with most of us her I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Finally feel pretty good. I have a lot of water, veggies and fruits to help my body recover. I am for the first time in years feeling happy and am looking forward to the rest of my life.

Shawn
Old 07-19-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Navy0923

D
Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

lifewithoutbooz> Awesome, I'm sincerely glad for you!

Ok, going to bed now (it's 1am here), looking forward to day 4, especially because I have a gig tomorrow night and on saturday. This time I'm gonna do it, and then I'll rest and work on sunday and monday will be day 7, and I didn't have a day 7 for almost two years.

Good night everyone!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Sentso... how can you have hated peanut butter.... that is just so foreign to me

LWB.... believe in the impossible Glad things went well.

Welcome Supersonic and Navy!

I'm going to stay up and finish watching Alien vs. Predator (like for the milllionth time) and then hit the sack.

Good night everyone... and good morning to the other side of the worlders
Old 07-19-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 5 is in the books. Figured today would be super hard but it really wasn't too bad. Gotta push thru two more days and hit the week mark. Friday and Saturday will be the toughest but ill make it. Congrats to the other July folks on your own milestones, be it a day or two weeks. It motivates me just reading about the rest you being successful. Lets all stay strong over the weekend!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

The start of day 20! I'm finding social things easier to go to and not drink. At the start I found it really difficult. We had a BBQ last night and the liquor was flowing, but it was fine sticking to J2O. Was a proper British BBQ with a full on downpour going on. Wish the jet stream would go away then maybe we could have a summer.

Had quite a busy week this week and that sorts my head out. If I sit around the weasels are likely to home in. Right best go back to sleep again 04:07 here. Just woke up feeling a bit lively for some reason - probably all those high fat offal tubes!

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Dear all,

Mel here, typing on an iPhone from a hospital bed. I am to stay overnight for tests on the suspicion of a heart attack (which I doubt is the case). I am in good spirits.

Glad to hear of your various successes today! Ever forward!

Mel
Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Mel!! I hope you are ok and it isn't a heart attack. Glad to hear you are in good spirits.

Wishing you all the best and get well soon!