we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-20.html

D
Old 07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

July 13th....Friday the 13th in fact
Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love being part of a "part 2" thread. There is hope for me yet!!

Hi HarleyDaddy. Friday the 13th is a great day to quit. Well done!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all day3 over and starting to get bit better, still headaches and stingy eyes but the real bad stuff gone.
Finally made my big plan yday and I'm sticking to it.
Hope everyone doin good
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 and still going strong but as the weekend approaches I know the thoughts will start to creep in. Also, waking up without a hangover is really underrated. It feels SO good. I plan on having that feeling Saturday and Sunday morning for a change.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am new. Is this a thread for those that have put it down this month? If so thats me- it's been 7 days today but I have to make it through tonight. Its going to be a white knuckle night. Heading to a meeting later. Hello everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck fighting spirit - 7 days is great!

And seanie 1888 - stingy eyes comes from the alcohol withdrawal? Who knew! I thought I have been suffering from allergies
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Smile Thanks!

Welcome aboard newcomers!

Well, it's approaching the end of Day 2 (for both hubby and myself) and we have to go out for dinner with old friends that are in town. They don't know my husband drinks - we've been hiding that for years. But he quit to support me although he's quite cranky about it. Normally I'd be questioning myself as to whether or not I'll have wine tonight but I'm totally confident I won't. And I have to go out for dinner with a girlfriend tomorrow night who's a drinker, and I have no doubt that wine won't be on my menu then either.

If asked why I'm not drinking, I'm just saying it's for my health. End of discussion. Everyone at SR is really helping me be strong this time around. Thanks and have a great night!!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You got it right fightingspirit
Welcome!

D
Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TiG

day 3 for me. feeling strong. Good luck everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Thanks D

Welcome HD - 13 has always been my lucky number... or maybe I'm just weird and like it...

Sarah... there is always hope for you and all of us.

Great job, Seannie getting through those first few days is rough. You're well on your way!

Elroy... good plan. Day 3 was always the roughest for me, but this time around day 2 was. Just goes to show that the addiction is progressive and relentless.

Hi Fightingspirit... great news completing your first week!!!

Well, hey guys... like the AA book does mention that certain people seem to be allergic to alcohol... so maybe there's some merit to that.

Life.... I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow evening for that dinner thing..

Ok, off to watch a bit of tv before hitting the sack.

Have a totally fabulastic night! (yes, that my word - sometime I'll be famous and see it in the dictionary.... or the alternative.... fantabulous :rotfxko
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Cool on the big 3 Today.... Life is Good.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 3. Slept a little better last night and chest pain not as bad today. Did have some thoughts about how I could drink to make the chest pain go away but reminded myself it would just be back tomorrow.

Welcome to all the new people!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wowza guys! I made it through my obstacle night. This was my bowling night and I haven't bowled without four or five drafts in a very long time. I brought 2 big bags of candy-a huge energy drink and then a coffee. I text another girl in the program and now I'm about to go to a 10pm BB study. whew! will i sleep tonight??
Old 07-17-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Smile A First in a LOOOONG Time

Well I did it!!! A 3 hour dinner out with friends in a restaurant known for its great wines. Had a Virgin Bloody Mary and sparkling water the rest of the night. It was hard seeing others around me drinking but it is what it is. When my friend asked me what kind of wine I wanted I said that I wasn't drinking - she said "Really? Good for you." Now that was easy.

Just have to get through tomorrow night's dinner and I'll feel that much stronger with my willpower. Nite all!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every step forward helps LWB - good for you

D
Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sounds like everyone is doing well and fighting off the urges. In our town the cops follow just about anyone who is out after 11:00. It was really nice to know I hadn't had a drop of alcohol in 2 days so I didn't have to be checking the rear view mirror and beating myself up on the way home. I tried to be very careful about only having 2 drinks, and taking a long time for each one, but it's a very slippery slope and easy to go over that limit.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello July peeps

Day 5! Have been going to a morning meeting AND an evening meeting everyday since Thursday. Trying to stay focused!

Took a 24 hr token tonight at a beginner's meeting (pushed by a friend actually out of my chair to walk up & get it). I didn't really want to go up in front of everyone as "new" again as I now know alot of people at the meetings now since i've been going since March, but you know what....it actually felt kind of freeing like I made a public announcement of my choice for sobriety and I feel super awesome right now!

Sobriety Rocks!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning

Definitely not worth the risk NoFireWater, well done lwb that's really good to read this morning! Fightingspirit - did you play better?!

My anxiety seems to have reappeared this morning, not good. I think it's down to a decision I have to make by tomorrow as to whether to change DDs nursery or not for next term... needless to say I had bad dreams about the nursery all night!

Stingy eyes here too - how odd! I thought I'd developed hayfever at the age of 36!

I decided last night today is for DOING, not thinking about doing, so before I went to bed I found myself a 20 minute zumba routine on youtube, I have it loaded and ready.... just finishing my cuppa then i'll be off like a rocket LOL

If I'm not back before lunch please send the paramedics to...

Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

congrats on day 6 Harley & day 3 Seanie, Elroy, Boozefree & Todayisgood & day 5 Jstar

Welcome FightingSpirit

Lifewithoutbooz-good stuff on eating out and not drinking. I find it hard watching others

Congrats on day 13 R4R

HOpe your anxiety eases MTN.

I've been feeling very vague and calm for the last 2days. I need to keep busy today. Think I'll go to the gym

Have a good day