Notices

Class of July 2012 part 2

Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Mel! I hope they're wrong and you get sent home first thing in the AM. Hope you feel better and please keep us posted.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes Mel

D
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning all

LOL BB I was wondering how you managed to have a BBQ... then I saw in the rain. Of course. Apparently summer is coming next week. I wouldn't hold your breath though!

Welcome Shawn congrats on your day 4

So here it is a lovely Monday morning, I made it through the weekend and now I'm hurtling towards the start of my 3rd week, I feel amazing!

Haha and that IS how I will be feeling once this weekend is over. I'm not wishing it away and I'm not anticipating any triggers or problems, every day is pretty much the same for me, I just need to keep on top of things. I've had a great week I want to keep it that way.

Peanut butter is ace - it has to be crunchy though Sentso we have a family house in France and they actually have a 'British' shelf, it is so stereotypical - Yorkshire teabags, marmite, hobnob biscuits, salad cream and best of all Shredded Wheat - nobody here eats Shredded Wheat! We ignore it, all the french food is so delicious especially the veggies and the seafood.

Right, more tea for me then a flail around to wake me up

Have a super day everybody!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

just read that back. I should have said British Shelf in the supermarket. Not in the house, that would be silly
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Morning all

hope you are ok Mel

Congrats on 2 weeks Supersonic

Happy Sober Friday,Saturday&Sunday everyone.x
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

MTN, ah ah a British Shelf in a house, awesome!

Oh Mel I sincerely hope it was nothing too serious and you're alright... I think about you.

Day 4 begins, I'll be on the road soon this morning, and I have no doubts, two shows is nothing, I've done it before, it won't be a problem.

Good day everyone, keep the faith.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Neat thread. Congratulations everybody for every single day you spend without the bottle. I stopped July 1st. My 6 month birthday will be New Years Day - yes!

I love not using/drinking so much. Not overly fond of feelings (hehehe) but getting better at it.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Welcome Auckland Addict - and congrats on your sober time, coming up for 3 weeks, cool

Lol Dee who are you today? Very dapper looking

You can get through your 2 shows Sentso, I have faith in you!

Right I better get off here and on with my day...
Old 07-20-2012, 02:20 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

just Don Knotts MTN - if you dont know who that is, I suddenly feel old LOL
D
Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
D
Ohhhh of course! From classics such as Three's Company and Matlock...

Ok. No idea. Google was my friend.

That's no reflection on your age though Dee, that's a reflection on me having never watched television. Ever. *nods to self, yep, that should wash*
Old 07-20-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
Dear all,

Mel here, typing on an iPhone from a hospital bed. I am to stay overnight for tests on the suspicion of a heart attack (which I doubt is the case). I am in good spirits.

Glad to hear of your various successes today! Ever forward!

Mel
good thoughts coming your way, be well!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Day 12!

I talked with my therapist last night. Told her I was just irritable and figured it was because I quit alcohol again (last fall I went 2 months). She is great-she gave me a little angel coin to keep in my pocket. She's really the only one (other than you guys and a couple of close friends) who know I'm on this journey. She reminded me of taking it one day at a time when I told her I was feeling sad and angry about never having a glass of wine with my dad again or having beers at a work event (I'm in the beer business-great for a gal like me, huh?). She said-don't worry about that now, focus on today. Just like y'all say all the time!

I have a big family wedding next weekend-I'm looking forward to being sober the whole weekend-despite the nervousness of wanting a drink and not being able to have one. I"m already psyching myself up for it because I know it will be a temptation.

I'm feeling very proud of making it to day 12. I'm going to hold on to this feeling because there is something about feeling in control. It's very empowering. I feel very positive right now, this minute.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

*sigh* I'm back.
I have such great thoughts, but transforming them into action is a trick.

Best wishes to all of you, and special healing mojo to Mel.

{fdm}
Old 07-20-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Day 6 and SO much better than I ever used to feel! The best part is waking up feeling rested, instead of wasted.

Mel - praying for you, please let us know how you are.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
TiG

Mel, Get well soon. We're all thinking of you and wish you the best.

Start of day 6 for me. Feels like it's been at least a year, which is weird. Walking through the airport yesterday and watching the masses of people. No real desire to drink, but more feeling odd that I couldn't. Flight was delayed, so I rewarded my sobriety efforts with a sushi dinner and unsweetened ice tea. Had no guilt paying for it since I've saved a small fortune already by not buying liquor. Well, just a little guilt, because I usually save going out to dinner for family time with Wife and Kids.

I have two boys, 15 and 12. They've watched me walk around the house morning, noon and night with a beer, and one of the thoughts that keeps me strong is to be a better example for them. Sometimes too much to think about, but really I think I'm getting them sober too. They never drank, but in their minds, I was planting the seeds and training their habits. For this reason alone, I want to open up to them about my struggles. In time maybe.

Keep strong everybody!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hello class

I went to my first SMART f2f meeting last night. I really enjoyed it and will def be going back. I like alot of things I heard last night and especially that they are open to you using whatever works for you to get sober. I will use this program in conjunction with AA meetings which I do like for the spirituality aspect and fellowship.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

R4R congrats on the 2 weeks!
Sentso have fun at your gigs! What kind of music do you play?
Mel hope all the tests and stuff turns out to be ok

Day 6 today. I got paid today which in the past has been a trigger to drink so I have decided to leave my debit card at home so I'm not tempted to stop at the store on the way home from work. I was in such a low place 6 days ago and so happy to be back working on my sobriety. Very grateful for SR and to have another chance at this.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Mel12 - wishing you a full and speedy recovery!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

So, D.... what you're saying is if we do know who Don Knotts is then we're old

SBB... I have a family wedding also that I was going to just go to the wedding and not the reception... but then I realized that she needed a headcount for the reception for the food. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I might go eat and run...

Mel... Hope you're doing ok! Sending prayers your way.

Welcome back Ob!!!

BF.... Yeah, if you don't have the card or money... you can't buy anything.... I did that the first couple days after I got out of detox.

TiG.... nice positive outlook regarding being a good example for your sons.

Sarah.... where are you?????

Congrats to everyone on making it to one more day!

Have a Fantastically Sober Friday everyone!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
D
Tonights Friday night family movie: The Apple Dumpling Gang; Rides Again (My children's pick.)

I think I'll go for a bike ride.

Mel, Keep us posted. I hope you are well.