Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 4

Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that so many are doing well. Congratulations!

A lot of people were drinking where I was for the holiday today. There was every kind of liquor everywhere. Someone even handed me wine to recork. Lol. I had no interest at all. Almost bored with it all. It seems like such a small thing in the whole of life now. And yet i was building my whole day around it before. Now, i cant concieve that alcohol was my central organizing principle. Not the only one, but the central one. So thankful that everyday puts that one more day behind me.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, Had a nice Easter with family, going to start posting regularly again.

Congrats, to everyone on your sobriety!! Still working on it, I am sober today, and grateful. xoxo
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I am going to a baseball game this week. (So glad baseball season is here. ) And so glad i will be going and not drinking beer. Thursday night will be meeting my Dad for dinner and a night at the track with no drinking... maybe i will win more and bet less. LOL So glad to enjoy some of my fun entertainment, the situations where i usually drank in, but now will not. I think it is good practice to do it with people who I know will be drinking little to none. It is good practice for when i am in the situation with other people in the future. I hope i am not being naive.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Morning all:

Glad to hear you'll be posting more faustina...looking forward to it.

EQ, I don't think it's naive at all, in fact I think it's a good idea, sort of like baby steps. You know, I'm starting to get sick of that term. OR, I'm sick of taking baby steps. I'm ready, I hope, for regaining my full adult stride. Now I'm the one hoping that's not being naive!

Take care Febbers and have a peaceful, productive day. And remember...Johnny loves ya!
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

EQ...like the Avatar.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thank you JD. And the Avatar is a pic i took Saturday in Central Park.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hello Febbers, yesterday I went to my sisters for the holiday and there was alot of drinking and I did not participate in any of it, had no desire for it.

EQ- I finished reading the Allen Carr book, and am working the Easyway program, so far so good. The desire for alcohol is gone, and I am glad.

JD- Thanks, I will post daily, last week I slipped a few times, but I am still feeling alot better than a few month's ago, technically I am day 3. I am glad that you are doing great!!

Olympia- I hope you start feeling better, and you receive a bill of good health from the doctor results.

Well all have to get this day started, everone have a great sober day!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Cool

faustine...day 3 or 3 years, just glad your here. So what happened if you don't mind me asking. Just curious, don't feel pressured to answer! In fact, it doesn't matter, you're here, sober today and that's the main thing.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey, all- how goes Monday?

faustina- Good to see you back. I think recommitting to sobriety after a slip-up can be a lot harder than just keeping the sobriety streak going. But I see another angle to it, too. In AA, I heard someone say, "The problem isn't stopping; it's staying stopped"; along that same vein you might say, "The problem isn't relapsing; it's staying relapsed." Of course, relapse IS a problem, but you see what I mean.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Evening Febbers. Have had another busy day! Started clearing out the attic with my sis yesterday which was fun when she was here but less so today on my own. Have been going through a lot of stuff that got dumped up there when I moved back in after splitting with my ex. Turns out two years later it's still hard to look at. There are a lot of things i regret and me drinking played a large part in it (I lost contact with a lot of good friends and still do wonder how the relationship would have turned out if I'd been sober). Anyway, have made a start so that's good. Gutted my room and gave it a bit of a new look which is making me feel better tonight! Hope everyone's doing well - promise will get caught up on posts sometime soon. (ps 3 new lambs today and 3 yesterday all doing well and looking very cute!) xx
Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hey Kam, try not to get too lost in the regrets. I know I did and that kept me drinking far longer that I should have. I think you're doing great btw.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to accept that I couldn't change one second of my past Kam - as hard as that was, it helped me treasure my present and it's possibilities so much more

D
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Kam: Ditto from me (of What Dee and JD said.)
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add:

Olympia, it sounds like you are feeling lighter each time you write. Great job with the 7 weeks.

Meonthemend: I love hearing from you when you pop in. You sound more serene then ever.

Kam: I am absolutely fascinated by the lambs! And also I am inspired by the dedication and insight you show towards your personal growth.

JD: It sounds like you are turning another corner, and the new view you are getting is expansive! Good thing, because you have so much to offer, and your talents shouldnt be limited by a narrow vision.

Faustina: Am really glad to hear from you! Good job with Easter gathering. I am pleased to hear you found the Allen Carr book helpful. I read it one month out, and not a craving or inner debate has popped in my mind since then. And that is a BIG advantage to have!

Anyone else, if I forgot you, I'm sorry. Am super tired. I have had an intense 4 or 5 days. Gonna crash early, something I never do. Or never used to!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

PS Again:

The azalea buds bloomed today!

My indoor calla lily is opening!

And the stalks of my favorite flowers are popping up in droves: the ever graceful and dancing Lily of the Valley. When they bloom, they look like a stage of ballerinas..
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Speaking of gardening...I've been enjoying my chives the last few days in everything I can. Just noticed my bleeding heart has buds happening and it looks like I didn't kill my daughter's heritage raspberry bush, though it really is too early to tell. Fingers crossed. Have a good night folks...
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Dee: like the new avatar also.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paul Simon likes Floyd cos he's shorter than he is

D
Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Only Floyd is clearly more talented. You can't win em all...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Time for work... Have a good day everyone. Stay aware and stay strong! And keep checkin in, however brief. It is good sobriety insurance.