Notices

Class of February 2012 Part 4

Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Still here. Extremely busy weekend, and completely wiped out. Got a lot accomplished around the house and am sore in muscles I forgot I even had. Ready to head back to work now so I can get a break! For now, it's off to bed though. Have a great week all!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning all:

Olympia-that's never a good thing, clock watching. What else are you doing to help yourself recover? If you've never been to an AA meeting, maybe nows the time to go...can't hurt. I try not to focus my thoughts around 'not drinking' or 'day counting' too much as I just make me mental. Instead my focus is on the completion of daily tasks. Activity is the key to sobeity...one of my home groups slogans. Works for me!

Kam-awwwww...I want one!!!
"Hey MoM!...he followed me home, can I keep'em?"

Wildcat...busy's good as you know. Keeps me out of trouble.

faustina- if at all possible, do check out the wm meeting! Some of my lady friends SWEAR by this group. If it's really far, I'm sure you'll meet someone who could give you a lift after a few meetings. Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

EQ- feeling better?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

JD - haha! last year i had 3 pets we were bottle feeding and they did follow me everywhere! was just like the nursery rhyme :-)
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cool

Just because I don't like counting days doesn't mean I don't count months...and it's 2 for me, today.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Johnny- Congratulations on the two months! And I know you're dead on about activity being key. I have been to AA, but dropped out when I got apprehensive about working the program. May go back. Right now am focused on doing anything to keep busy.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

JD - congrats on two months! That's good going :-)
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi All!!!! Will respond to folks In detail later.

But stayed home and have to tell you this: just turned on daytime TV (which I never do) and wanted to say that Kathy Lee Gifford cohosts a talk show and she drinks a glass of wine at TEN AM on the show. Excuse me but wtf?????

What makes it DOUBLY strange is she has a guest cohost on today, Pat OBrien, who is known for having been addicted to alcohol and she is interviewing him about his recovery...while she sips WINE. On LIVE TV at 10 AM!!!

I feel like I must be dreaming because it is so bizarre! :codiepolice:

Anyway later folks. Love ya!

PS Happy Twofer JohnnyD!!!!! ani
Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

PS. And I'm not saying I haven't drank at 10 o'clock in the morning. I have done that in my home. In Key West. On the Mexican beach. But I don't think NBC should be complicit!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

EQ- I've never watched the show with Kathie Lee, but from what I heard the drinking thing is her schtick. Who knows if she's even drinking actual alcohol! A little annoying, yes, but I guess people have got to have their schtick.

I've continued to feel really off today- went for a 4 mile walk and it just about did me in! I've made the decision that I need to go to the doctor and get checked- my suspicion, intrepid internet researcher that I am (just what doctors love, of course!) is that my thyroid is sluggish. This would explain my fatigue, dry skin, mental fogginess, and possibly even the depression I've been struggling with. And quite possibly it's something else altogether, but I figure it's worth getting checked out whatever the case. If it is my thyroid, the treatment is simple- and I can feel better! Feeling better would make it easier to stay sober, too. The way I see it, I can't do a lot of things, but I can get these symptoms checked out, and maybe even treated. That's a good thing.

How's everyone else's Monday going?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well I'm back. Relapse kicked my butt. I'm not ready to stop fighting tho so here I go again.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm so glad that you are back!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks EQ and thanks for all the PMs
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

O.K. this is my first post. I've been sober for 41 days now mostly because I gave up drinking for lent. Come Easter Sunday I will no longer be in the confines of "lent" which made me feel secure about my sobriety. My 2 daughters, age 12 and 15 both asked me to stop drinking completely because they feel that when I drink I am "not their Mommy". I am proud that I have come this far and want to be free of this addiction. I have enjoyed some weight loss. I enjoy waking up in the morning guilt and remorse free. I see my husband and kids trusting my behavior more. All this is good. BUT, lately I have been feeling nervous, scared and anxious about my ability to stay sober. I feel like crying - that I just can't do it. Just this past weekend, I was at a fundraiser where wine was served (my drink of choice) and I couldn't take my eyes off how good it looked. I really need some help here. I'm afraid that I'm just going to give in next week. An then, I'm sure I will feel depressed about coming so far and just throwing it all away, feel remorseful that I let my daughters down, and return to that awful crazy lifestyle of drinking a bottle of wine a night. Any advice is surely welcomed.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks for coming back,.Boozefree... For yourself, and for us. You give good encouragement!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Faustina??
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome,.me.on.the.mend..convratulations.on.all youve done. You have.much to.be.proud of. I am sorry to hear you are struggling.

It does.sound like.you are.getting ahead of yourself. Next week is.not.today. Every week.that passes brings you.more rewards, and.more coping skills.and.more strength. So.next week can.take care of.itself. Today, take care.of yourself.

In the beginning I was constantly getting ahead of myself. I wanted to see how it was all going to work out.

Dee had to guide me from that spot a lot. LOL

Now I have faith that if I do my part, (Don't drink) then my thinking and circumstances are what will adjust. I tell.myself: I am not readjusting this compass! But I do.use SR a lot to calibrate....
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome meonthemend

EQ's advice is good LOL - it took me a while but I realised every day that all I really had to do was deal with today...

worrying overly about tomorrow or next week or next month is just extra stress - apart from planning and safeguards, we can't really deal with anything until it happens

Support really helped me find my inner strength too - when I was at my most vulnerable I found help here - and, even when I was down on myself, not wanting to let my SR family down helped me through a lot of dark nights

we're glad to have you here meonthemend - you can do this!

D
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

JD- Congrats on 2 months, keep going strong. Definetly going to check out the women's AA group, I want to do the steps and participate with AA, like Olympia has stated, I am apprehensive about working through some of the steps, (step 4).

Olympia- Congrats on 42 days sober, I also find myself bored some days, my energy is finally coming back, there is so much I want to do, and then all of a sudden I feel so tired. Maybe our bodies just need nourishment and rest to heal up from all the neglect we put them through.

Kam- I am glad your friends son is getting better. The picture of the lamb is adorable, it made me smile. Thanks.

EQ- I hope you feel better, and congrats on day 52.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR meonthemend and congrats, on 42 days, that is a big deal. SR is a great support tool. It has helped me alot.

Boozefree- Welcome back, thats the attitude, keep on fighting. Success comes to those who keep trying.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Not gonna lie, last night sucked. Nightmares all night and sweating. Gross. Every time I detox I always sweat the first couple nights and hate it. Oh well. I know it will get better