D
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool

Thanks Dee...
Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Johnny,... Hello Dee,.... We meet again... LOL

Heeeelllooooo???? Is there anyone else OUT THERE?
(NOT that I don't love YOU guys....)

I am going to have to start responding to my own posts... And I am warning you, that is not beyond me!!!.... LOL
Old 03-31-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello EQ I will respond to you. I forgot to thank you for referring the Allen Carr book, I should be getting it from Amazon on Monday, I read the reviews and I can't wait.

Olympia- I go back and forth with the AA program, I have been to some meetings over the years, but have yet to work the program, I have reveiwed the steps here on SR and when I get the fourth step it seems to be the one that is the hardest, I have inquired about getting a sponsor in the meetings and they all suggest to get a women sponsor. The meetings I attend is predominately men, I am still interested on working the steps. Just like johnnydetox says if its not painful its not recovery, (something like that)

Johnnydetox- hope all is going great for you.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Faustina! Lol I appreciate it! I was half joking, but half not. Because a lot of our thread members seem to have either dropped out or have less need to post now, or are on hiatus.

BTW, I really feel very positive about that book still. It took away my desire to drink, or, more accurately, it repulsed me to alcohol. When I get the microsecond impulse to drink, I am repulsed, like hypnosis would cause me to be. Of course, I am then still left with all my feelings and other lazy habits, but, I believe it forces me to at least head in the right direction, since my old route is now blocked.

So, my view is, if you are at all psychologically minded, (which you are) you will then "work" on whatever "step" next blocks your personal growth. People's personal routes of growth do not come in the same order. Create your own program.

I believe some of women's drinking issues and situations can be very different. Our motivations to stop drinking may be different. What we find shameful can be different. What tempts us can be different. etc. Is there a womens only AA group where you are?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Shhh! Baby is asleep.. We had so much fun playing. He is.only.nine.months but when.i say:" where are Grandmoms ears?" Etc He finds my ears and touches them and.laughs.So special. And Grandmom doesnt drink. Where is.Grandmoms drink? It went bye bye!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't get me wrong, you actively posting folks, cause this excludes you, but, where the heck did all the February 2012ers go? I am gettin sick of hearing myself talk. Or reading myself post. (Maybe they are sick of me, too.)

And, Moreso, I am concerned for those who have disappeared!! Are you ok out there??

Come back! Come back, Feb 2012ers!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello anyone still out there! Am still here and still sober! :-) have been sooo busy, feel like I've been neglecting SR recently. EQ - glad you're having fun with your grandson and I love reading your posts! Struggling to catch up on everyone else's posts this morning because my stupid computer won't let me open part 3 but will try again later. Hoping lots of the Febbers are just doing really well and don't feel they need to post so much anymore but it is eerily quiet on here!It's another lovely morning in sunny Scotland so am heading out to enjoy it - snow forecast for tomorrow so think this is our last day of spring for a while!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Am all happy now! We've got our first lambs of the year (we did have some really early ones but they came out looking like they were about 2 months old so I'm counting these as the first lol). Two black twins this morning - sooo cute and doing really well! I love lambing time :-)
Old 04-01-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello everyone...still sober here.

You've got lambs? That's great Kam. Must be a busy time of year for you. What other animals do you have? You're making me jealous but of course I'm seeing the picture perfect version in my head, complete with sound track...ha,ha. Really glad you're doing so well . And our young friend? Recooping nicely I trust?

Faustina... you're here and sounding good. Yep, bravo for not having a full relapse! I think thats big! And talking about it too. Your meetings...are there others close by where there's more women? My HG is about 50/50, high for AA standards it seems. You DESERVE a female sponser. 1 and 3 months are danger points for me in the past...but I try not to let that get in my head.

time for a coffee...
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm back posting...last week and a half was weird, threw off my whole schedule but as I said, I'm back.

Relapse, slip...whatever, it happens. I think that as people in recovery, if and when that does happen, it's most important to not lose contact and drift. That's what I used to do, and it kept me 'out' longer than I should have been. I guess embarrasment tops the list of excusses but of coarse there's other crap involved as well.

Keep posting, and may the Force be with you!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting!
Xxoo
Old 04-01-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks EQ and Johnny, I have been apprehensive about AA, there is a womens group, I probably have to take a few buses to get there, if public transportation goes out that far at all. But I am going to look into it this week for sure. Other than that feeling rather fantastic this beautiful Sunday Morning, going to get ready for work, working a double.

EQ- sounds like you had a fantastic day with your grandson!!

Kam- Two little lambs, like JohnnyDetox have this wonderful image floating around in my mind about how nice your part of world is..

Everyone have a great sober day, xoxo
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey again guys. Basically I work for this farmer who has a smallholding next to my house so i get to help out with lots of cool things! He also breeds American Quarter horses which are gorgeous! Anyway, my new avatar is a pic of baby number three for today. He's the first lamb i've watched being born/ helped to deliver (though i didn't have to do the messy bit!). About 2 hours old in this pic and still a bit disheveled but very cute! :-)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ps. JD my son's friend is doing really well thanks for asking! He's been moved to a low dependency unit and last i heard was up drinking tea and watching DVDs :-)
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

lol friend's son rather than son's friend! Good grief and that's me sober!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Kam:

I'm.not feeling well today.and.just want.to.say quickly thanks for posting,.and that lamb is.the.most wonderful thing! I LOVE learning about life.in other places different from mine.

Welcome to SR, Kam's Lamb!!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry you're not feeling well EQ. Glad the baby cheered you up! Hope you feel better soon! x
Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting guys! Ive not been well today. At least I know it is not caused or aggravated by alcohol. ;-) Going to stay home from work tomorrow.

Day 53 at end of today. It is such a major thing we've done for our health and our spiritual life. I kinda can't believe it. I'm tickled pink.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Glad to be here- now, evening, is my most difficult time of the day, and posting helps with that. Not that I think I'm in danger of drinking tonight, but things have been feeling more difficult. I've come to realize that I've been staying sober largely by force of willpower, and that willpower has been ebbing, as cravings for the release of alcohol set in. I believe my coping strategies have also improved in recent months; telling myself to just hold onto until x hour, allowing periodic smokes and treats, treating the whole thing as a game of sorts: How many sober days can I rack up? has gotten me this far, the furthest I've gotten in nine years! I tell myself if the cravings get too great, I can distract myself with a little shopping binge or more cigarettes or whatever- anything but alcohol. And I take some pride in my 42 days- last year it was an accomplishment to rack up three days in a row! But I've been feeling antsy, and still fairly stuck. I know not having regular employment isn't helping; I have too much free time and get too bored- I actually spend significant time just watching the clock! I 've also have been feeling pretty logey physically: possibly allergies, but I'm not sure. I've been sleeping fine -no insomnia! -but a lot.

Anyway! I'm not going to drink tonight and that's what's most important for now. Just get through tonight.

kam- Glad to hear your friend's son is doing well. Congratulations on the striking new lamb! I grew up on a farm, and currently have chickens. I love having livestock to tend to, love gathering eggs. I hatched a few of my hens out in an incubator last year- them breaking out of their shells was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

faustina- Good work on not letting the slip up escalate! Hope you and everyone else are hanging in there.