Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hi all - I'm about the same as you all - checking in before the weekend. I haven't heard from that company again that called me so I'm pretty bummed. This weekend my partner and I are going on a date so that should cheer me up. Dinner and a movie and a night of not putting the kids to bed yeah me!

I'm really about done with the cold, cloudy weather. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FLORDIA TRIP. Ok - I'm done yelling now...
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hey all. Things seem to going better with hubby. We are communicating better and tonight we have a dinner date planned. I'm so happy about that. He did tell me that he would not let alcohol come between us and he may decide to quit someday too.

We have known each other for 14 years, so I do now him pretty well. Its me that I am still trying to get to know. After drinking over half of my life. We will get through it. One day at a time.

No plans this weekend, but to get out and ride my bike! I love a weekend with no commitments.

Trigger, hope you here back from your potential job opportunity. That's always nice news when someone else wants to hire you.

Bimm, hi. A nap sounds nice.

IP good for you for running!

Marine, thanks for the advise. I really appreciate it. Safe travels to you this month and check in when you can.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I've already done my main assignment for the weekend, AAHHHHH that feels good! Can actually enjoy a friday night a little bit. (If only just cooking dinner-oh well).

Tres I'm so glad that things are looking up with hubby. I really hope it works out. And yes we really do learn the most about us when we stop drinking.

I actually have a pretty busy weekend. Working tomorrow and sunday mornings for my "ladies", getting my hair done tomorrow afternoon, so excited! I looove getting new hair-(yes it is very girly of me-it stops there believe me!)

And going to try to go to the gym at some point. Definitely running tomorrow morning. Going to start going every 2nd day and the gym when I can force myself there. (I really hate the gym. LOVE working out, hate the gym).

I wish it would stop raining! All it does here is rain, grrrrrr.

Oh yeah, Vantrina, I have those romantic thoughts ALL. THE. TIME. I just pray they subside with time. I know I'm better off without and just have to keep telling myself that.

Good weekend to all.

<------ I wish!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Bimm - let us hear from you if you can. Saw on the Weather Channel that Southern Indiana was very hard hit with tornadoes yesterday. Hope you are safe.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Marine-
We are fine. The storms moved just a few miles North and West of us. Attached is a picture of the tornado from perhaps 3 miles away. The pic does not due the storm justice as it was simply massive. I'm sad that so many others were less fortune, but thankful we were spared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
storm 038.jpg (31.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Holy cow Bimm, that looks like a bad storm. Great picture. Glad you are safe.

Date with hubby was so nice. We went to a local Italian place. Really cozy and great food. We laughed and talked a lot. I really enjoyed it. We def need to do that more often.

Went for fast bike ride this morning and made chicken and brown rice soup with veggies. Yum. My mom is a shopper and is always sending me stuff. I came home to a brand new red kitchen aide stand mixer. Its beautiful. Now I have the urge bake all kinds of things.

After cleaning the house that's the plan. Family has recommended a Dark chocolate cake. Looking forward to trying this out. I have never been much of a baker, so maybe this can be a new hobby for me.

Talk to you later.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Bimm-we must live near each other. I saw a pic of that twister in the courier. Small world. Live in S. IN now
Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

108 days and still hanging in. Not always easy
Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Darren-
Small world indeed. I live in Western Harrison County out near "The Bug Eaters". Quite rural and very quiet....just the way I like it. Very different from the big cities and suburbia where I spent my early years.
Hope everyone is having a sober weekend.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Great job Darren!

I had a couple of hours yesterday late afternoon where I wanted to drink. I was frustrated trying to make piza dough from scratch. It looked horrible and I new it was going to turn out bad. It sounds silly now.. but it came me out just fine and all was good. There was also a party few house down that I was invited but chose not to go. I think that was bothering me too.

Anyway, I made it through and it turned out to be a good night.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
Darren-
Small world indeed. I live in Western Harrison County out near "The Bug Eaters".
Bimm-what's the "bug eaters"? and holy smokes you must have been sh***ing yourself with that tornado going by! We get nothing like that here, just wind and rain.

hey darren you're doing great, thanks for checking in.

tres it was valiant of you to even attmpt pizza dough-don't beat(Ha ha) yourself up!

I had a REALLY bad moment yesterday. I've been having a lot of those yesterday. Sitting in the car driving around and suddenly knew with certainty that I was going to drink again. Scared the hell out of me. I really don't want to. I even had the drink pictured in my head-bourbon. WTFFFFFF?????????? Why am I obsessing right now. It might be the stress of school I guess but I don't know. It's not like I drank because of stress before. Actually, come to think of it, it may be because I'm BORED. ALL I do these days is schoolwork. I used to drink out of boredom. Maybe that's the key. Hmmmmm......thanks for letting me vent. Maybe it's time to get a social life going again.

Anyhoo I'm doing two ladies gardens today in the pouring rain. Thank god for rain gear.

Bye! Have a good Sunday all.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is 110 Days. I'm doing pretty good. Haven't hit an AA meeting in like 4 weeks, but have been busy with school part time and 40 hrs a week at work (10 pm to 6-8 am). Trying to change my life around.

Talking to more people looking them in the face. Not feeling so ****** bout myself as much as I used to. Guess I'm just growing up.

Just figured out that I gotta be the real me. Stop worrying and get my **** together.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good for you, Jeb. That is awesome to hear. Keep it up!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone

Tres, glad to hear your date went well. Loving the new mixer, especially the color red. Fun times. Remember, things don't always have to look good, but they sure better taste good. (Bet the pizza was delish.)
Enjoy.

Bimm, glad you and your family are safe from the spate of tornadoes that hit your area. Tornadoes truly frighten me…((I live in an area where they are not common.) Nonetheless, I've heard that an approaching tornado sounds like the rumbling past of a a freight train. Is that true?
Prayers & good wishes to all the folks who were impacted.

Hanging in, think today is Day 105 or something in that range. Feeling fine, went out to a nice dinner with hubby last night; four pages of wine and beer before I could find food listed on the menu. To boot, they only offered one type of water…not even sparkling. Food was good, place was lovely, but don't think I'll be going back. 7,080 choices of wine, beer, and booze, and only one option for water? That's so 2008.

Dee, thank you again for your encouraging feedback last week. No joke, I really needed it. Well timed & appreciated. Feeling good to go right now.

Enjoy & stay sober Ninja peeps.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Bimm-what's the "bug eaters"? and holy smokes you must have been sh***ing yourself with that tornado going by! We get nothing like that here, just wind and rain.
IP-
"Bug eater" is the nickname us locals give to the residents of the next county to our West. It has been around for many, many years and the origin of this not so flattering nickname is lost in history.

And, yes, if you have the misfortune to be very close to a twister the wind and flying debris does sound like a freight train.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Well Was Betty Crocker today with that new mixer. Made cinnamon roll cake and another awesome cake. Its called black magic cake with Choc cream cheese frosting. They are both delish.

Now I need to find some people to eat them. I will take the cinnamon cake to work, but I think the other needs to stay home with the family.

No thoughts of drinking today. Seems like Saturday nights are hard. I still sometimes think about going to a meeting just to meet some new friends...still just chicken I think.

Guess what...hubby did not go to the neighbors all weekend! Even today which is amazing. We have had a good family weekend. Tuesday his sister is coming over and we get another date night. I am so excited about that. He did not even mention going to the neighbors and I didn't ask.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

What do you miss most about not drinking?

I was giving this some thought recently and couldn't come up with much that I miss. Then it struck me...I really, really miss a glass of wine with my weekend dinners. That said, it is a tiny price to pay for my sobriety and I don't regret my decision to go sober.
You?
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

The taste of Cabernet with a medium rare steak.

That fun, tipsy, but not quite trashed feeling. Unfortunately, I could never stop at that point.

I really can't think of anything else, so that's good.

Good day here. Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I miss having a cocktail or a glass of wine while getting ready to go out. Yeah, pre-drinking. And wine while I cooked dinner, except usually by the time dinner was ready I was too drunk and into the booze to really enjoy it.
I miss bonding with people over drinks, but really, that is such crap. I am a completely worthy, smart, fun person to bond with with or without alcohol. Plus all that "bonding" never really amounted to much but awkwardness and hazy memories.
I'm going to try Capoeira this week! As soon as these two big projects are done, which I need to go work on now.
Happy monday all!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't miss anything - truthfully - I found myself again when I stopped drinking.
Nothing can match that really

D