Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Tres, hope the date goes well. Good job Bimm- and wow! That's a lot of wine. We have a big wine auction here and people donate their bottles and all proceeds go to charity. iP- good deal on no cravings. I don't want it in the least. I hope it stays that way!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Tres that must really be annoying for you, I can understand how frustrated and disappointed you must feel. I agree that your daughter should stay away from him when he is drinking, it is such a bad example for her. I've said it to you before: at least now she has ONE sober parent, that is a blessing. Don't want to put a bunch of pressure on you though- he should not act like such a jackass in front of his daughter.

Just my two cents, i don't even have kids......we do try to not argue in front of the dog though, ha, ha. (Sorry, not funny)
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 Days Bimm. Go ahead & toot your own horn, you deserve it.

Tres, Hope date night works out and that you enjoy yourself. At least you are not dealing with the alcohol clouding your impressions and judgement.

btw, going to bed & am nearing the close of 100 days myself today.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Well - day 4 for me.

Someone handed me a glass of wine at a fund raising event Friday evening and I didn't put it down. I didn't drink any more but I drank that glass. Strangely I didn't feel really anything. Not disappointed, not scared, not happy… next morning just said – ok can’t do that again.

Didn’t have any great revelation either – just the thought of “whoa I could have gone down that road more and be back to where I started and that would suck” and didn’t have another. Haven’t really had any more cravings then I usually do. Just scares me a bit how easily I drank that glass and my inner voice didn't say a thing...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Tigger - don't beat yourself up. You had one glass and at least you stopped at that! That was good!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Just can't think I can do that each time. Not really beating myself up but I realize I have to just put the glass down.

Really I didn't even need it ya know?!?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Trigger, I am glad you stopped at one glass. I am sure I wouldn't have.

Thanks for the advise. InP, I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the dog. I needed that.

Hubby apologised last night for being a jerk. I don't think he remember half of the stupid argument. I said some pretty serious things to him. Told him I laid awake thinking about how I wanted to live on my own and what things I would take or leave. I asked him to think about stopping his drinking for just 30 days. I explained that he is such a great guy sober. He a said he would work on things and try and grow up. He says he feels all these things...lost, depressed, not gracious, etc...I know a lot of those feelings will go away if he stops. I felt all that too, and now its gone. We shall see.

No date night. Hubbys sister is sick and couldn't come over. I was bummed, but don't want her here sick....so I made turkey tacos and hubbies favorite brownies.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're back Tigger

D
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Been still going to the gym and trying to get to my goal before vacation (4 weeks). Can't wait to join Tres in Fl. Please tell me it's been warm!

My fist time to Universal. I am very psyched.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Thanks for being honest tigger.

I am very grateful for my sobriety today.

four months tomorrow.

good night everyone
Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Wow, where is everybody?
Four months today, tooting my own horn here.
Hope everyone else is doing fine,
I'm stressing a bit from school. Could be worse.
Check in everyone!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again IP

D
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Congrats InPartic on your four months!
Hey Tigger, glad you are back.

Jay, where are you? Hope you are doing ok. Check in!

Is it normal early in sobriety to have thoughts where you romanticize wine and your relationship w/it? Been doing this all night..thinking that I just won't be as much fun without it. That I probably could have a glass or two out & would be fine. This, at 101 days???

Where the hell is this coming from?? Good thing I'm home & reading for bed. Not aways easy, is it? Just feeling anxious over the thought of no wine, ever.

Guess this is where the one day at a time mantra comes in…ugh. I'm probably over tired ((I know I am)) & just need to call it a day. This too shall pass.

Night Ninjas.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Congrats IP! Four months is huge. Pat yourself on the back. School would be so much harder with a hangover, so just think if that.

Trigger good for you with the gym! And yes it is warm. I think it was 86 degrees today.

All is quiet here. Stayed up late talking with hubby about us. We are a work in progress. He says he can moderate his drinking..actions speak louder than words..and I know him pretty well. I hope I can be pleasantly surprised. I hate to sound pessimistic. He is not at any point where he wants to quit.He told me so. He thinks I want him to. Secretly I do, but I know I can't force him, or make him.

We need to find things to do together that don't involve drinking. Everything we did happened with a drink in our hands. He agreed, so we will start with that. He could only think of "watching TV " as something we have in common....that's pretty sad!! Even movies at home involved drinking..pausing the show to pee...then continue. Cooking, eating, wine and drinks in the bedroom.....everything....

I guess we can start with a clean slate and find some new sober things to do together.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Congrats IP!!! Four months is outstanding!!!!!
Tres-my husband and I had vastly different hobbies but we did enjoy going to local flea markets and garage sales together. Always amazing what is one mans junk is another mans treasure. It gave us lots of laughs and only took a few hours. We also started walking at a local high school track on Saturday mornings. I could only do once around the track and that is what gave him his inspiration to taking up running. He did three marathons! I still can't walk too far!!
He hung out 3-5 nights a week at the local VFW post, but even just those few hours doing stuff together helped our relationship.
Try to find stuff to do.....I would give everything to have him back....VFW and all!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's very common Vantrina - don't listen to the lies - they fade

I have no suggestions really tres - I met my partner after I got sober...I hope your husband will follow through and at least think about stuff

D
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Great job IP. 4 mOnths is crazy good. I think most of us are around - just life taking over ya know? I go a call from another company about a potential job that sounds great and haven't heard from them all week. I hate this kind of waiting!!

Nothing much going on - no real cravings the past few days - just working and gym and kids.

I think Jay's on vacation with his girl. Not sure we'll hear from him for the duration of that trip. I hope he checks in soon.

Take care
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Tigger that's great about the new job, I hope it pans out.

I went for a RUN this morning! Decided to go at bedtime last night, and actually got up and went. Felt pretty good! Been pretty darn sluggish lately.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Just checking in before the weekend. My brother is in the area for work so he is coming for a visit. I am only home 8 days in the month of March - the rest is business travel so I might not be checking in as often. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will pop on when I can!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Just a quick check in. Quietly going about my daily routines. I think I'm (hopefully) past most of the cravings as I only have fleeting thoughts about alcohol once or twice a week. Looks like a stormy/rainy day in store for us in the Ohio Valley, so a long, much needed, nap just might be on the schedule later today.

A good weekend to all!