Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hi Catfry, good to see you. Hope things are going well and Congrats on 5 months!

I agree with IP, exercise is a HUGE mood lifter for me. When i skip or miss a few days I feel miserable, depressed, and crabby. I am also noticing the time frame is getting shorter when the crabbies set in. I need to exercise every day or every other. By day three I am feeling cranky and jittery. Excersice makes it all go away...

Hi Vantrina, Jeb, Maine, Dee, Bimm and anyone else I missed.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Life is full of subtle surprises; realized tonight that a good cup of quality tea is as calming as a glass of wine used to be…without the depression and morning after regrets. Who would have thought it. Tea.

Have a good & sober night everyone.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Vant - I also like the tea at night. I have tried all kinda of flavors. If you like coconut, there are some awesome teas with coconut in them.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
I also like the tea at night. I have tried all kinda of flavors. If you like coconut, there are some awesome teas with coconut in them.
Hey Marine,

Never had coconut tea, but am going to start looking for it. Thanks.

Hope everyone is having a healthy, happy, and sober Saturday.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Just went out to dinner with my friend and her husband to a BYOB. They brought wine, I brought Pellegrino! No issues. I will feel great in the morning.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
Just went out to dinner with my friend and her husband to a BYOB. They brought wine, I brought Pellegrino! No issues. I will feel great in the morning.
Yes you will.
Pellegrino rocks.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Geez, has it really been three days since anyone's posted on here? Yikes!!! I have been so preoccupied lately, been changing meds around and it's messing me up.
Other than that not much going on. Pretty boring right now actually. Start my summer class today.
Weather's beautiful, finally. Had a good run this morning. My life is so stable and regular right now it's crazy. Things used to be so chaotic. It really is a huge adjustment, taking all that craziness away. Still crave booze a lot but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I just can't drink without throwing away my whole life again. Can't bring myself to do it.
Experiencing every day to its fullest is really something. I resent all the days that are gone forever to hangovers. Summer's going to be really hard. I think it's going to have to be a day by day thing for me.
Any-hoo, I should get outside with the dog.
Take care all.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

AS IP pointed out, there have not been a lot of posts to this thread lately. I sure hope everyone is doing well on their sobriety.

We are in the midst of a major kitchen remodel and things have been pretty hectic around here. Fortunately, after almost 2 weeks, I can find absolutely no fault with my contractor. How rare, and great, is that?

I'm still battling the impact of of the gout attack and it is making me pretty cranky. Even crankier than usual.

The ophthalmologist told me I'll be needing some surgery soon. It's not anything that can't wait a bit, so I've decided to hold off for 60-90 days. I admit it...I'm a big baby when it comes to doctors and knives.

be good everyone and I'll try to stop in a little more often.

Bimm
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Sorry I have not been on this thread much. I am good. Can't believe I haven't drank in over six months!
I honestly have not had very many cravings lately. If i do its on the weekends. I find I have to get up early and keep myself busy all day. I go to bed early now too. Its pretty sad. But I like to get up early and bike or run. Sometimes I am gone and back before anyone else is awake.

I hung out with my drinking friends last sat. I swear I don't think they are drinking as much. I did tire of them and left early. I seem to enjoy being by myself in the evening. Of course its not possible with a family.

Hubby still hangs outwiththe neighbors and drinks twice a week. I don't care too much as long as he is not drunk around me. Not my problem.

Well, I am rambling. Glad to hear your kitchen is coming along Bimm.

I also love tea but haven't found any coconut...what's the brand? I love coconut.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

So went to a BIG concert last night, the Black Keys. Was so incredibly weird to be at a big arena show SOBER. But, I realized while there that I really do have to learn to make my own fun now, I can't rely on alcohol anymore to create "instant fun". It was fun, too, not all crazy like before but I can actually remember it this morning and I'm not sick as a dog, and I didn't make a fool of myself last night.
I am however very tired, need to go get some coffee, yum
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

I'm here! Class of 11/2011!

It will be 6 months sober this month! My date is 11/20/11! What a ride it has been so far!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Congratulations Pinkroses! That is an awesome accomplishment and welcome too

Today I had kind of a bad day. I work outside;it was a sunny, beautiful day which for me has always spelled drinks after work. So I spent way too long today thinking about that, got sort of bitter. This summer is going to be hard. I'm going to Sasquatch Festival in a couple weeks and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. The friend I'm going with has always been a big drinking buddy of mine. She's on board with me not drinking but I'm still a little nervous.

Anyway I've got lots of time to prepare.

Off to make dinner--fish quesadillas
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi all.

IP the concert sounds awesome. I agree it will be strange to be there sober. Its so nice to not feel the Jan over then next day though, isn't it?

Tonight me and the famiynwent to the local bar/restaurant. A drummer that we know was playing. He is killer good. His band was really entertaining. Was nervous about being around all the drinkers. I actually had no desire for a drink at all! We were there a couple of hours. My hubby did drink five beers plus the few he had before we went out. He was starting to annoy me.

There were a few really drunk women there. Older women who looked and acted horrible. Slurring and stumbling around dancing. It was disgusting. It made me so happy to know that i won't look or act like that. One lady kept asking my daughter to dance. I finally had to change seats with her so the lady couldn't talk to her. She was mumbling so bad, I couldn't understand her. My daughter said she was freaking her out. She was freaking me out too.

Now that we are home the neighbors are having a party....just can't escape it tonight. Going to bed with some earplugs.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Congrats pinkroses on six months. How cool is that? Good for you.

Hey everyone. Thinking that things run in cycles. Some weeks not drinking is easy as ever; others, every day is a struggle. Feeling optimistic today. Hit 175 days with an eye towards the big 180. Worked out and worked outside. Liking the sense of discipline I'm developing by not drinking and sticking to my Pellegrino or tea.

Hey, has anyone seen the Dark Shadow's movie? Wondering how it was. I was a kid when it was on tv back in the day. REad an article in the NYTimes about Dark Shadows the series and it suggested that you either were into it or you weren't . I remember loving it. Was too young to get much out of it, but remember it made my mother uneasy. lol. Either way, J. Depp's Barnabas Collins makes me laugh every time.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hey Vantrina, I have not seen the movie. The trailers look interesting. I enjoy Johnny Depp.

Quiet weekend for me. Happy Mother's Day to you mom's. I had fabulous day. Rode roller coasters this morning. My daughter ended up with a fever and sore throat so we came home and watched movies all afternoon. Hubby grilled a nice steak and i only thought about red wine through one bite and not ALL of them.....that's progress I guess.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Happy Mother's Day.
Tres, sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day tending to your daughter. I'm with you on the thoughts of red wine. They come, they go.

Had the thought the other day that maybe I could entertain a glass of wine in the future. But then I thought it through "to the end" and realized how I used wine and alcohol to block a lot of emotions over the years. Don't know if I ever want to do that again…an interesting realization for me.

I spent years really hiding behind the alcohol so i would's have to face certain emotions or situations. Lot's of losses that wine made easier to bear. Think now that I'm facing things I have days when I'm blue, but most times I'm energized and positive. Dealing with things sober is a slower but steadier process it seems. Not saying it is easy, or that my life is simple and perfect, its not. Just think I am enjoying on many levels the authenticity of my sober existence.

All this was going through my head as I drove home the other night, thinking about how I missed having an occasionally glass of wine. Red wine to be specific. By the time I pulled into the driveway the desire for wine passed and I was more concerned with starting dinner.

Sorry for the ramble, but just wanted to share. And think I hit the nail on the head for myself…I am liking the authenticity of my sober existence.
Hope everyone had a good and sober day.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

It is May 15th, so that means all of us either have, or soon will, celebrate our 6 month anniversary of being sober.
Congrats classmates and keep up the good work!!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be 6 months for me CANT BELIEVE IT!

I'm doing good. Looking for jobs suck tho.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Jeb

D