Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi Ninjas : )

IP: Don't do it! Think of how much harder school would be when drinking. Also, meetings are not that bad. If for nothing else, I now have the faces of three women I respect and who I would have to tell if I drank. They'd still support me, but it would stink to tell them . . . that has kept me sober a few times. The face to face accountability of meetings is priceless. Good luck, you can do it : )

Tres: Does your daughter have a buddy whose house she spends the night at? Maybe you could talk to the buddy's parents and try to set up a weekend exchange so you and hubby could get away . . .

Tigger: are you a scientist? One of my best pals aqnd her hubby have PhDs in evolutionary biology research, or something like that. I just texted her and told her they were no longer allowed to be fun ; )

I'm a bit stressy. Having Paws symptoms. A few annoying health issues, nothing life or death, bugging out my brain. I think I'll go for a run in a bit.

Take Care Ninjas ; )
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support, it really helps. It's just a phase I'm going through I guess. I went to a bar tonight to watch my friend do open mic and it was so nice to be sober. it really was. There were some really annoying drunk guys there, and when I think, god that's what I used to be like, ugh. It was a real local watering hole type place, the kind of place I used to love to drink in.
I'm off to bed.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good job, IP! I am going to one of my favorite clubs on Saturday night with a couple who my husband and I used to hang out with. They are the only couple who has not disappeared on me since his death. I used to love the martinis at this place. But I will not drink. A major milestone in this sobriety thing will be upon me that night. I will not screw it up.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good. Let's keep tabs on each other.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

You got it!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all hanging in there. I was at a friends party tonight and had no desire to drink. I also found myself not taking into acct what everyone else was drinking. I did that early on, sort of watching people and counting their drinks.

It could be because I have been feeling nauseated since yesterday. Not sure what's going on with that.

Good luck ladies with Saturday night. No plans for me.

My daughter has only had one sleep over night at a neighbors. The girls are not that great of friends anymore. All of our close friends have boys. We have a couple of options we can use. Just need to get it planned. Her aunt is coming over next Tuesday so we can at least go out for a couple of hours and have dinner.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Starting to come to grips with myself and my alcoholism. I am starting to accept that I'm just going to tell people I'm not a drinker anymore. LOL. I'm slowly getting my mojo back.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Decided to give myself a present today that nobody else can give me. Something very special... another day of sobriety.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I love that gift Bimm. I gave myself the same thing today.

How are you girls doing at your party tonight? Hope it goes well.

We planned a last minute dinner party for our friends. The male friend helped hubby all day with some work at our house so I repayed them with grilled steak. Our kids played nicely. The wife is a lush and sort of got on my nerves. The guys were so tired they were done with the night after dinner.

I had only a slight urge to drink when the wine and beer bottles were out on the counter, but the feeling quickly passed. The meal turned out great and overall I feel pretty strong that I am progressing through recovery. It still is not easy, but much easier than it used to be.

Another great gift to myself will be waking up sober, clear minded and full of energy. What a great gift. Do you guys think about how your head feels in the morning? I used to sit up on the edge of the bed and figure out how bad my hangover is going to be for the day...not any more...

That's a great gift.
nighty night ninjas.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good job,Tres!!

I Just got home from the night out with my friends and dinner and dancing at one of my favorite clubs. Band was great and it was the first time I have danced since before my husband died.. I drank club soda and had 2 NA beers. My friends handed me the wine by the glass list and I looked at it. I already knew i was not going to drink, but for the first time in a long time, not one of the wines on the list sounded good to me. I said " nahhhhh...think I will stick with the non alcoholic stuff." A few hours into the evening, I sat and watched those who had too much to drink jumping around and "group dancing" to a slow song. One girl spilled her drink down her dates shirt. Stuff I used to do. BUT THE BIG NEWS.....drum roll please......
At midnight, I hit DAY 30!!!! 30 straight days without alcohol.
I had many falls off the wagon since I joined this class in November, but I finally got to 30 days. I am really proud of myself and I know my husband would be proud of me, too! And I will wake up yet another day, completely hangover free. Better get to bed or it will be too late to go to sleep!
IP, hope you did okay at your party.
Marine
Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 30 days Marine

D
Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Right on Jeb, and Marine, WOO HOO!!!!!!! 30 days, FINALLY! (No offence) But that's awesome.

:

I didn't go out. I decided to stay home like a lewser ha ha and work on one of my many assignments that are coming up due. Doing the responsible thing. And actually working on a story, which is amazing, I haven't attempted that in a long long time.

Also to tell the truth I still don't feel really ready to hit the bar scene sober yet. But I'm getting there. I think next time I will go.

Marine I'm so in admiration of you! Jeez I don't even know if I can dance in public without a few drinks.

Gonna have to learn though because I LOVE dancing. I'm pretty sure the confidence is there, I just never had the chance to do it sober before. BIG bonus: NOT stumbling into other people or being clumsy on the dance floor. Maybe I'll actually be a BETTER dancer!

I have had so much coffee so I can stay up and write. I don't feel like I'll be getting to bed for a while yet.

Maybe I'll practice my dance moves.

:bounce
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

No offense taken, IP! I never thought I'd get here. My husband's friend kept telling me to just get to thirty days. You will see a difference. I also think the meditation has had something to do with it. to look back and see how I got through all of the business dinners, cocktail hours and nights in a hotel room alone...it is still hard to believe. But more importantly, being here on SR had the most impact. I came here when in those hotel rooms instead of the hotel bar many a night. And I woke up late today only because my tired body could not handle staying up that late and not because of a hangover! I can only imagine how I would feel if I had been drinking.
Off to take on the day.....sober!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 30 days Marine. Thirty days imho is huge. Good for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Marine I am so proud of you. Those first thirty are the hardest! Pat yourself on the back! Go buy yourself a small momento of some kind to celebrate.

I made a fresh strawberry yogurt cake today. It is super good. I used to never bake, so I thought I would try a new recipe. The kitchen was a complete mess!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Didn't crave alcohol today for the first time in a week. Hopefully coming out of this rough patch. Tres the cake sounds delish! I gotta do some baking soon.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

100 days. <patting self on back and tootin' my own horn>

Think I'll celebrate by working outside today. Pick up some tree limbs brought down in the recent wind, plant a row of spinach in the garden and attempt to "dispatch" the woodchuck who has taken up residence in the lower pasture.

Congrats to everyone. It seems most of us are getting a bit more comfortable with our sobriety.

I had a friend ask what I intended to do with the contents of my wine cellar and I told him that I'd make that decision in 2013 or so. I does seem odd that having 500-600 btls of wine in the house doesn't even tempt me a little bit at this point.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Wow Bimm, that's alot of wine! Fresh spinach sounds so good. I love that stuff. I even make a smoothie with spinach in it.

I was having a nice Sunday till my husband came home tipsy from the Sunday afternoon cornhole game. He wanted to argue about something that our daughter did when she was at cornhole with him. She only went because I had another commitment to be at for two hours. They have a microphone near where they play and he lets her "commentate " the game. He missed a shot and she said something silly during his next throw and it pissed him off. So three hours later he wants to argue in front of her about how rude it was. She is 8 and was only being silly.

I told him he shouldn't let her have the mike if he didn't want to be distracted. Plus its four guys drinking beer in the backyard...it wasn't a tournement somewhere that means something. I asked him if he talked to her about it when it happened and he said yes. I said then thats the end of it...drop it for Gods sake. He just kept wanting to argue about it and I wouldn't. I really hate to be around him when he has been drinking. His personality changes and I told him that. Of course he denies it.

Thanks for listening. I laid I bed thinking I would be happier somewhere else. Its just frustrating that I am feeling all these feelings I never felt before about him. I guess because I was drunk right along with him .....

We are supposed to have date night tomorrow and I honestly don't want to go anywhere with him, but I know we need to talk.

Feeling very frustrated. I did tell him that its best that our daughter never goes with him on Sundays to the neighbors. I will just make sure my schedule doesn't conflict.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Bimm

D
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Tres,
It seems like every Sunday sux for you with good reason. I'm sorry for that, but I also think your spouse needs to decide exactly who is the 8 yr old in your family. I hope your night out goes well and things, in general, work out for you.