# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

We continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well - last few days my family has been passing around the stomach bug. It's like a cruise ship with the Norwalk virus!!

Anyway - I have to say the Superbowl went by quickly. I was in a house full of Patriots fans but it was still a good time. Catch up more later.

Terri
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

We just finished meeting with the kitchen designer and my head is ready to explode and we haven't even discussed the damage that will be done to my wallet.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not much going on here tonight. Sober as a judge tho!

Nighty night ninjas.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Same here! All is quiet. Just got my arsenal of supplements from the integrative health center. And more flavored teas! We shall see.....
Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just realized that I have surpassed my "longest ever gone without drinking". Yay!!! I know it is still early on, but right now the thought of wine makes me go "bllleeeeechhhhh." Slept better than I ever have last night without my Ambien. Some people say all of this stuff about supplements and vitamins, etc. is "all in your head." I say who cares, so long as it works! Gettting ready for my trip to Texas tomorrow. Everyone have a great and sober day!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"all in your head." I say who cares, so long as it works!
Don't worry about "what everyone says" - If it works for you who cares?

Quiet day at work but we're still working to get that bug out of our house. Man have a 6 person home and everyone has to get the stomach flu. Latest victim was my 10 year old daughter (yesterday) and today is the little girl we share a nanny with in the afternoon... it's worse then a cruise ship!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tigger, I feel bad for you!! That virus is NASTY and very contagious. LYSOL EVERYTHING in the house.

Hopefully you are all on the mend.

Hubby and I got invited to join some other couples on a weekend cruise. I am not ready for that sort of scene. Especially with the couple that invited us. I graciously said no thanks. My hubby was supportive too. We see this couple all the time and the last thing I want to do is spend more time with them. Plus the wife annoys the hell out of me when she is sober and even more when she is drinking.

Busy day at work, nothing going on tonight. Enjoying my hot tea.

Marine, I would love to hear about the supplements. That is very interesting to me. I have two melanoma patients that have both been stage III and stage IV cancer that should be dead by now. Both of them changed to a vegan diet with lots of wheat grass and both are doing well and their tumors are gone with no other treatment. Its quite amazing. They have been cancer free for over two years. I really believe what you put into your mouth can have amazing effects on your body. They eat nothing processed, no dairy, etc..

Of course we know what the alcohol can do. Understandably neither of these patients drink.

I better not tell these patients that I have had FOUR pieces of cake in two days!!! What the heck is wrong with me???

Hope the rest of you are having a peaceful evening.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tigger, I hope you are all feeling better. Everyone I know has that bug too, and I am just keeping my fingers crossed I don't pick it up during my travels. That would be disastrous. I am flying to Texas tomorrow, back home on Friday, then am in three different states next week... all travelling on an airplane or in a cab. I try to keep using hand sanitizer after I touch anything while travelling, so knock on wood it keeps it away.
Tonight was the annual "wine closeout" sale at my club and for the first time in years, I did not attend. I was tempted to go and buy some to have on hand for whenever I have company, but then I thought "what the he##, I don't ever have any company and there is no sense having any in the house even if I do." I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but just seeing it on my calendar brought back memories of everyone scurrying around to the various tables to see who can snatch up that $$$$$$$ bottle for $. Yep, that was me last year and the year before.....tonight I just stayed at work until I knew it was over and then came home. As much as I can't stand the thought of wine right now, I think being in that environment could not have been good for me.
Another sober day under my belt. I will check in from the road.
Marine
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Marine great job not going I have a few loney beers hanging out in the garage and some hard stuff (which I never liked) in the house but no wine. Whenever someone gives me a bottle I get rid of it. No good having it around when temptation comes calling.

I got some of those bleach wipes and have been doing the house trying o kill that bug!!

Tres - weekend cruise with drinkers. I don't think I could do that yet. In fact we turned down going in on a beach house with another family bc I couldn't control what would be in the house. They had mentioned bringing cases. Just not a good idea this first year. I like going places where I can control if any alcohol is present. I don't know if id try again if I ever started drinking again. Getting to 90 days was hard. But now it seems easy and I just don't want to put it at risk so I'm with you.

Have any of you guys watched Biggest Loser? I'm hocked on it again thus season. Still trying to lose weight. Down a total of 14 pounds since I stopped drinking. Yeah! Only 10 more to go.

Take care
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Haven't seen Biggest Loser but finally saw that Wipe Out show. It was hysterical!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's great tigger congrats on the ten pounds!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

I don't mean to be a downer but this thread seems to be fading fast. It seems like a lot of the time lately I'll check in and there will be 1 or 2 new posts all day. I understand people have lives and can't always check in all the time. Just an observation I made. I guess I'm just saying that's why I haven't updated so much lately.

I'm over 3 months now. I don't really keep track of the days purposely but because of my sobriety date it makes it really easy. Had quite a few drinking dreams lately after not having them for weeks. Weird how they come and go like that.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Jay - I think the thread will pick up and drop off at times. I was so sick this past week... and well didn't want to bring up the whole Giants winning thing oops there I go bringing it up just kidding with ya. How's the gf? How close are you guys to going on vacation?

Marine - I love Wipe Out - Biggest Loser isn't near as much fun.

Hang tight guys.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jay, I went to a Yoga class on Sunday and the instructor said that January 27th is the most depressing day of the year because that is right around the time everyone gives up on their New Years resolutions. She heard ts on the radio and inthought it was an odd thing to bring to a Yoga class.

I noticed the drop off, too, but if you check out some other "classes"' they all seem to have dropped off as well. It's a busy time of year and if it weren't for my iPad, I would not be checking in but once a week or so, because I don't travel with a laptop anymore and the iPhone is too small. We miss you when you are not around, so please post if you feel like it whenever you check in.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every thread drops off Jay - as hard as it can be, it's just a fact of life here.

It needn't mean everyone's gone back to drinking or using either - a lot of people find they want to reconnect with their lives now they're sober

D
Old 02-09-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok - hanging out tonight on the boards. Had a long argument with ADT because I had sent a letter canceling my contract way back in October and just realized they were still charging me - this was after they botched the install which is why I canceled in the first place (we actually want an alarm system). Anyway after being on the phone for more then an hour the putz from the alarm company is trying to have me learn the system (I TOLD him now was not hte time and I was mad and I wanted someone to come out and show me but nnnoooo). anyway he says to enter my code and I enter the one I remember and well... 7 minutes later the cops show up as I have set off the silent alarm!

ADT wouldn't honor me canceling the contract - this idiot is trying to have me learn it while I'm trying to get dinner on the table with 2 of the kids screaming etc. then the cops show up - blah blah blah. Bad day at work as well ... and guess what?

I've been spending the last 30 minutes talking myself out of taking a drink. Oh my God I really really want a drink. So I'm back here thank goodness...

I'm going to read the newcomers board and remind myself that I can't take just one and what it will lead to. Thanks for letting me rant - no need to reply. I'm just in a really pissy mood tonight.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your bad day Tigger
Hope tomorrow is better for you

D
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Tigger, hang in there. You know a drink wont help and you have come so far!!!

Just dont do it. I know you wont.

I am in a pissy mood to. I know why. Its because I haven't worked out in almost 5 days. It makes me anxious and crabby. I am just realizing this now that I am sober. I don't think I noticed it at all when I was drinking.

I was at work for about 15 minutes today and the school nurse called. My daughter had gashed her knee open somehow. (she doesn't know what she hit it on.) They had me come look at it. She also had a sore throat and a fever, so we stayed home all day. I was a big slug on the couch and even took a nap around noon. I guess I needed it.

Anyway, her knee is fine and we got a day off together. It was nice and quiet I'm a little stir crazy from being in the house all day. She is feeling better too, so thats good.

Tomorrows Friday so the weekend will be here soon. We have a surprise retirement party to go to for a friend down the lake. 65-70 people will be there according to the wife. Thats good for me because I can sneak out and come home and no one will know.

The thread is quiet, but I find it still very important. I miss hearing from you Jay, so keep posting.

I am day 100 today..I just realized.

Tigger congrats on the 14 lbs! Thats a great accomplishment!

Marine, good for you for avoiding the wine sale. I would have been in heaven with that gig last year. So glad to be sober.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope your day is better Tigger. I just got an alarm system at home and the county will charge $50 if the cops come out for a false alarm!

I am in my hotel room far away from the very lovely lobby lounge where I have spent many an evening. After my presentation there was a cocktail hour i just drank Perrier. Came straight to the room and was going to order a cup of tea from room service since the only place to get tea is in the bar. Brought my own herbal tea but there is no coffee maker in room to make hot water. So room service is $5 for a cup of tea, 20% gratuity and a $5 delivery charge. Errrhhh.....No thanks.

So another sober day under my belt. Meetings in the morning then fly back home tomorrow afternoon. Another week comes to an end.