Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Still fighting this horrible cold!! UGHHHH. I feel like my head is full of cement. Making me cranky and irritable.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well. Stopped to count days today and realized that I am at 83 days. My next goal is at 90, so I am feeling pretty good. Now I just need to get to the gym once and a while.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well, my one friend who relapsed went back on the wagon. She had two glasses of wine after 37 days without a drink. Said she was up all night with panic attacks and after doing some research, discovered that anxiety and panic attacks are part of alcohol withdrawal. She had gone through them initially, but I guess after having just two glasses and they came back was enough to make her realize she can't drink at all. Fortunately there were no Facebook incidents.
I still have my cold and it is not fun.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon marine

congrats on your progress cbcedd

D
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good evening Ninjas. Things going well but I'm starting to get the "when is spring going to get here" feeling. Even though the winter hasn't been bad I'm still ready for some more daylight and warmth.

VacatIon is less then a month away and now my son tells me he wants to attend the Tang Soo Do world tournament the last 1.5 days of our vacation. It's in the states this year and will be his last tournament before he's a black belt so he really wants to go. So yes I'll probably come home early and drive him from Philly to Boston to compete. He fights with depression so whenever we can do something for him like this we do.

Nothing much else exciting - hanging in. I think I had some PAWS attacks this past weekend - felt like my first week sober but only lasted for about a day.

Hang in there everyone.

And I hate FB too. Now I just use it to play games like scrabble.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, doing well. Cravings are non existant during the week. Not much going on.

Ran tonight with my daughter. She was slower than me, but still got in a three mile jog with a couple of short sprints.

Made some awesome spaghetti tonight and now I am full.

Trigger how did you do throughout your trip?

Marine, are you feeling better?

Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I've been thinking seriously about starting drinking again. Losing sight of why I quit. I think I need to go read some old posts. Things are going too well to screw it up now. Just am missing drinking, a lot. Remembering good times and not bad.

Sorry to be a downer. Been stressed.

Hope all you guys are good, been pretty quiet on here lately. I miss everybody.

Bleh. Thanks for listening.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

By the way, Hi Jeb

Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I've been thinking seriously about starting drinking again.
Nooooooo! Be strong and fight the demon. You've got a lot invested in yourself these last few months, so don't give up. Pleeeese!.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

In Part- I think this is a common thought. Someone told me that's the alcoholic brain talking - saying that you can do it again and moderate this time around. Just like the little devil sitting on your shoulder. And the real brain, the angel, is sitting on the other shoulder reminding you of why you can't. Listen to that brain. I don't know why it seems easier for me this time around. I like to think part of its the meditation classes. I also just received an email from the Chopra Center with a 21-day Meditation Challenge. You do it at home and each morning they send you an audio of a guided 15-minute meditation. I did it before I went to bed and had the best nights sleep I ever had. I do not know how to upload a link, but I bet you can search for it online. I can't remember what I like about drinking and I am not near as far along as the rest of you. Read the old posts, especially the ones early on.
I am still not feeling well and working from home today. Good thing I am not on the road this week.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Press Start To Continue

IP don't you dare.

Hi everyone! Today is 90 days sober for me. Life is awesome right now but very busy! I got promoted to manager at work and I'm still exercising 6 days a week. So far I've lost 20 lbs since New Year's and I feel incredible! Just wanted to check back in and see how we're all doing.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations NES

Do read your old posts IP & remind yourself of why you quit - I really believe everything that you quit for would still be waiting for you if you went back.

D
Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Actually had the vision today when I got home of going to the liquor cabinet, taking out a bottle, and having a sip. This is terrible. I don't know why I can't stop thinking about it all of a sudden. I was doing so well and I'm almost at four months. I just WANT TO DRINK. Does this mean it's finally time for me to go to a meeting?

I am freaked right now.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Actually had the vision today when I got home of going to the liquor cabinet, taking out a bottle, and having a sip. This is terrible. I don't know why I can't stop thinking about it all of a sudden. I was doing so well and I'm almost at four months. I just WANT TO DRINK. Does this mean it's finally time for me to go to a meeting?

I am freaked right now.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

It just means you're still an alcoholic IP - thinking about it is one thing... but it's what we do in response to the thoughts that counts

if you feel as if you need more support, maybe some kind of group - whether it be AA or something else - might be worth checking out

D
Old 02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

IP - try the meditation! It cant hurt!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

IP,don't give in. You have come so far. You will regret it and hate yourself the next day. Then you will have to start over. I know what you are feeling, I have been thinking the same thing. ONE beer or wine won't be too bad....its just that voice....TELL IT TO SHUT UP!!!

Try the meditation. I think the challenge sounds great. Do anything toget your mind off it.

Read your old posts. I did that last weekend and it helped.

I miss drinking too, but it will kill me so I can't. That's that, no matter what.

Marine, hope you feel better.

Nesfan, Congrats! We miss you! Keep posting.

Anyone hear from Jay? Trigger...you doin OK?

Hi Bimm!

Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Sheesh you guys, spring break was HARD. Valentine's getaway, no champagne, cabin on the lake, bonfire etc., no beer, no booze. And watching everyone else, you guys know how it is. Anyway got through it, but it SUCKED at times….Then, it was awesome! I'm glad I didn't drink and am feeling more than ever that I don't need booze to be cool and have fun.
InParticular, good for you & thank you. I so needed to read something like this tonight. Yours was the first entry I read, thank goodness.

Here I am at Day 95 and I am wondering throughout the night if maybe one glass of wine wouldn't be so bad. WTF?

Then the reality of how I lost my original 137 days comes painfully back; then I play the tape through & know there is no way, no way I would stop w/one glass of wine. THEN, I conjure up my memories of me back in June 2011 when I was evolving into a wine & vodka guzzling mess. ((Sigh)) All of this swirling in my head on the drive home tonight.

Still sober w/no regrets & turning in early because I am grumpy and tired. Inparticuar, you words are a gift tonight. Thanks.

Have a good sober night tonight everyone.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Inpartic, please just play the tape out through the end. Our alcoholic voices are chattering away it seems.

Was going through the posts now and just read how you were struggling a bit today. (Your earlier post so helped me, no kidding.)

Hang in, hang in. This too shall pass.

One sip, one drink, one bottle..none of it is worth the progress you have made. (((hugs)))

Marine, feel better..you sound so sick.

…now I am going to bed.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I hear you IP. Sometimes I really miss it - the good times hanging with friends and laughing. Then I have to remember sneaking drinks before putting the kids to bed, getting drunk by myself and talking to the kids half in the bag, drinking under the influence etc.

Doesn't mean you can't miss it - but it's just not worth it. Hang in there IP