Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 02-16-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Today is day 90 for me.

I have a couple of contractors coming over today to give bids on the kitchen remodel. This should prove interesting since most contractors think the rest of us are buffoons. I worked construction with my Dad years ago, so I've been around the block a few times and can tell if the bid and proposal are reasonable. If they start getting all unreasonable, I usually just tell them it is obvious they don't want the job and might as well leave now, rather than wasting everyone's time.

Need more coffee!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I should post here more often. Still a member of the class (91 days). Good luck all!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well, I made it through another night, quite easily I might add. After the meeting, we all went out to dinner - 8 guys and me. As usual, I am often the only female speaker at these things. I rode with someone else and after dinner, they all adjourned to the bar, which is a local "meet market". Haven't been in one of those in a long, long, time. Great dance music playing - all 70's and 80's. (Showing my age here). Of course they all ordered some kind of Kentucky bourbon ale and me, I had a Becks NA. Several ales later, they were getting kinda loud and crazy, but fun! Several NA beers later, I was tired and got a ride back to the hotel. Have to catch a 7am flight home. Had I been drinking, there is no way I would have left there at 10pm, and certainly no way I would have been able to get a 7am flight.
I am very proud of myself tonight!!!!!
I will check in over the weekend. Hope everyone has a good one!

Marine
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey Fellow Classmates!

Haven't been around much but wanted to check in and say I'm still here. Over 100 days! I have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Where is everyone?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
Where is everyone?
I'm right here sitting in front of my 'puter drinking some coffee.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I haven't posted on this forum for quite awhile, however I haven't drank since November 16th. The longest I have been sober ever and the longest I have been in a class of ...... for ever as well.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Saturday morning gymnastics with my little one. Doing well - still want a drink now and then but it's getting better. I'm still going to the gym when I can and I'm about 5-7 pounds from my goal weight. Looking forward to spring break in less than a month now *****.

Can't wait for warmer weather!!

Great job Marine
Old 02-18-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I am still here too.

Ran a 5K race today. My goal was 33 minutes and I ran a 31.06. So proud of myself. Up on a Sat at 0630, running at 0800!! SOBER!! woohoo...!!

Funny story...last night, grilling with the hubby. Walked out the back of my house, twisted my ankle off the step, and FELL!! COMPLETELY SOBER!! WTF??

Didn't think I would even be able to run today. But I did and felt great.

Great job everyone on staying sober and busy.

Jay your puppy/Clydesdale sound like a handful. I like the idea of the move and a fresh start. Good luck to you.

Hi everyone else...talk to you all later.
Happy Saturday!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Tres
Good to see you again Jeb

hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 02-18-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in; a fun day in the city with the family. Keeping my AV at bay….some days it is more prevalent than others. Today it is in check.

Tres, sorry about your ankle. Hope you are feeling ok; good job w/the 5K.

Tigger41, hey, sounds like you are doing great.

Marine, good job; man, you have a solid good attitude. Keep it up! You are inspiring. Hope you give yourself kudos!

Bruman, so good to hear from you. Congrats on your 100+days!

Bimm, was in Home Depot last night w/hubby and thought of you and your kitchen renovation.

Day 91 here; can't believe it. Hugs to all of you.

Have a good and sober night!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

A slow news day here. Have a bad cold and sore throat. Must be from all the airplane time. Not even 9pm on a Saturday night and I am ready for bed. It's amazing but I have no desire to drink at all. I just want my coconut tea! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Marine, get some sleep. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

I was down at friends house tonight with my daughter. Lots of kids playing and having fun. All the parents were drinking except me. I really didn't care, but after an hour and a half my anxiety kicked in and I had to leave. Came home by myself and had some hot tea. I really did not have a desire to drink,but the kids and noise just made me anxious.

Anyway, it was nice that I could leave and not be stuck there.

Night night ninjas.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Great job, Tres. It's hard to leave, but bravo on having the guts to do it.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

We went to our monthly Dinner Club, which I have aptly renamed The Kasserole Klub, last night. It was amusing watching a few of the folks getting blotto over the course of 3 or 4 hours. People laughing hysterically at things that weren't remotely funny, retelling the same old stories from high school and college and generally behaving badly. I started being judgmental a few times, but stopped short when I realized I'm only a few months removed from similar episodes. Now I'll have to figure out if I really want to hang out with these people going forward as the evenings seem to be more about the wine, beer and bourbon than the food.

Stayed up past my normal bedtime, so this will be another low energy day
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good day here. Out of the house all day till now. Watched my husband drink all afternoon with his friend at Busch Gardens. Us wives finally took the kids to go ride rides and met up with them layer. He annoyed me the whole rest of the time. Oh well. I told him he was annoying me and I don't want to talk to him when he is tipsy. He is very argumentative about the smallest things.

Not my problem, except that I have to figure out how to live with it.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, Tres. I agree...you have to learn how to live with it.

I stayed home all day - still nursing this sore throat and congestion. I don't know which is worse. Good thing we have off of work tomorrow for Presidents Day. Even all of my tea drinking hasn't helped this cold. Yuck.

I have had two friends "relapse" this weekend, one after 45 days without drinking and the other one trying to moderate at 37 days. The latter one did okay ... for now. She just had one glass and stopped. I will check her Facebook later...that's how I can tell if she has been drinking. She gets very argumentative on Facebook with people she doesn't even know. Oh well.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and have a great sober week.

Marine
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Having such a low energy today. It is like I just ran out of steam, I just stopped. Didn't go to the gym, didn't do half the chores I wanted to finish; made a simple dinner and have literally just hung out all day. lol, no doubt about, I have run out of steam.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sheesh you guys, spring break was HARD. Valentine's getaway, no champagne, cabin on the lake, bonfire etc., no beer, no booze. And watching everyone else, you guys know how it is. Anyway got through it, but it SUCKED at times. Not when the other woman there was drunk and annoying, and hungover. Then it was awesome! I'm glad I didn't drink and am feeling more than ever that I don't need booze to be cool and have fun.
Am so tired, good night all.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Marine, I hear ya on the facebook thing. I can always tell when my sis in law is loaded from the stuff she posts on there. I hate FB sometimes. I find myself comparing myself to all my friends and what they do. My life sounds so boring! Oh well, I am sober and thats all that matters.

Vantrina I hope you get your steam back. Hope you are not getting sick.

IP glad to hear you made it through the week. Isn't it great to feel good when everyone else is hangin?

Well, I am off to the grocery store. We have almost nothing to eat, its embarrasing!