Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi guys sorry I haven't been posting much. It seems like all I think about these days is school. I even missed my 100 days! I'm at 104 days now.

Take care all.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 100 days IP

D
Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Just a quick check-in. Quiet week, so little or no posting here. Not qutre to 90 days, but I'm diligently working on it.
One thing I've noticed about being sober is that I'm much less inclined to procrastinate which has always been a weakness. Heck, I've already prepared my income taxes.
Have a good and sober weekend November-ites!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bimm already did your taxes - show off.

InParticular - 100 days yoohoo!

Yeah better day - took me a bit to calm down - the cop was super nice - I mean really really nice. Anyway - now that I guess I have the thing I'll have to learn how to use it.

Tres - with you on the gym thing. Yesterday I got up at 5 to go in because I knew I didn't have time during the day to hit the gym. Kind of using it as my stress relief for now. In fact I'm off to it for a mid-day work out after I finish this post.

Jay - ah don't get mad or upset - we're always here - we're just a bit boring. I mean I could post everyday about my kids and how much they are making me happy/upset/frustrated etc. but who the heck wants to hear that everyday and besides that I'm pretty boring now that I don't go out much and when I do I don't cause near as much drama as I used to. You know that's one thing. You have to get used to your life not having near as much drama as it had. Overall I'm happy about that but it does take some getting used to LOL.

Marine - nice room better than boring bar anyday. Hope you get to get home soon - you're doing really well this time - what day are you at?

Take care and TTFN
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey all, feeling alot better today as far as crabbiness. Hoping to keep the weekend anxiety away.

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, havent been able to post in a while. Busy, busy, busy. But I am still sober, sober, sober!

I hope everyone is staying on track. I havent had any cravings for alcohol, but I feel the need to get involved in something. I was thinking yoga? Any thoughts?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Cb - Yoga is great!!!! I started it and am also trying meditation. Found a Unitarian Church nearby that offers a class on Wednesdays. They said its open to the public, not just members so I may try it. I took a class in California and it really relaxed me!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I strongly recommend meditation. Maybe I should try some myself because I am REALLY craving alcohol tonight. Am getting really bored with not drinking i think! I really miss getting all dressed and having a crazy night out. Ugh thanks I just talked myself out of it----remembering the last 45 times out of 50 that ended up in fighting, embarrassment, and a horrible, waiting for death hangover. good times! and i know that if i was drinking theres NO WAY i'd be doing as well in school as i am. No way. I'm gearing up right now for a night of working on assignments; if I was drinking, I'd be, well, drinking right now, either heading out or losing motivation fast to do any work. Ah, writing it out helps, doesn't it?
Still miss the going out part.
Anyhoo well done everyone.
Hi ho, hi ho.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

stick with it IP - eventually you'll find you can go out, have fun and not think of imbibing

D
Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

iP - good job in pushing through the craving. It's hard, I know. I have found the variety of herbal teas a good solution. I drink 4 or 5 cups a night and keep thinking of how I would feel if it were the wine I used to drink. When I was at the Chopra Center, they strongly recommended meditation to their addiction patients. Twice a day for 15-30 minutes a day. I am going to get serious about it. Keep it up - you can do it!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Tigger I'm sorry you are struggling. That is so hard. I sent a prayer up your way. I actually thought I'd move on to the February thread so I can connect with people there. I feel like I'm talking to myself when I post on this thread. I think I joined too late or maybe it's just that we don't have much in common. I'm not on a diet or going to the gym which seems to be the main theme. No matter! Even if you have a small but tight group as long as you guys are getting the support you need - it's working!! So now I'm off to find the support I need Bye November thread!!
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you feel that way - I hope you'll find what you're looking for in the February thread BL.

D
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Ninjas,

Just checking in; not counting every day, but this a.m. I was happy to see that I am at Day 84. Feeling good about that one.

Tigger, I hope everyone in your house is feeling better. Sounds like you had a rough week there.

Like everyone else it seems here, I've been pretty consistent with working out and trying to watch what I eat. As I move through the still very early stages of my sobriety I'm finding my craving for sugar, which was once severe, has now greatly diminished. Has anyone else had that experience?

Nearly stroked out in early January when I weighed myself and hit some numbers I never thought I'd see on a scale. Obviously the cookies, lemonade, and soda I used to ward off my drinking
caught up with me. Been juicing (veggies w/an apple or two); and trying to make healthier food choices overall. Weighed myself yesterday and have lost five pounds since the turn of the new year.

Thinking I may jump on the mediation bandwagon myself. Marine, your mention of 15-20 minutes a day seems so reasonable. Have had a health scare over the past few weeks (under control & under doctors care; nothing serious) and know in my heart that something like mediation would be beneficial to heart, mind, and body. I just have to stick w/it. Past attempts have lasted only a week or so. Maybe this time around it will offer some respite form the crazy schedule I've been keeping.

Have a good, sober day everyone.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday. Cheer competations, play practice and getting ready to teach Sundsy school tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Ninjas!

Been super busy. I just finnished reading everyone's post since lastcheck in. Everyone sounds good, despite individual struggles. i am proud of all of you . . . us.

Two and a half months now. The longest I have ever made it with my little buddy antabuse. I hadn't real thought about the amount of time until last night. I was on my way to a meetin and found myself day dreaming about being in a bar with some AA friends. then I realized what I was thinking about! Nuts.

Then last night I had 2 bad dreams about drinking. Super lame. Went to a meeting today. I havn't accomplished all my chores, but I feel a lot better.

Jay 1980: I saw terrible bosses. I liked it, but mostly for Jennifer Anniston who was great! Charlie is a favorite character for me too, although I also really like Mac. My hubby can even make the same expressions as Charlie, which freaks me out a bit : )

Take Care Ninjas!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey all had a good night last night at home, just a few thoughts on drinking that didn't last long. Today has been good, busy all day. Tonight heading down the lake to the retirement party. I am taking my hot teas with me and will probably get a few comments, but oh well.

I won't stay there long, just making an appearance. Hubbys already been hitting the vodka...ugh...

Later...
Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Tres, I have had several teas this afternoon. Getting a bit tea'd out.

Drove about 20 miles this morning to attend a support group for widows that found online and when I got there, the restaurant was closed and out of business . Not really a support group but a group of women who lost a spouse and are trying to find new friends with similar interests. Another woman showed up, her first time as well, but I guess I must look scary (LOL) as I asked her if she wanted to go for coffee somewhere else and she said no. When I got back home, there was an email from the organizer who said she would have the next meeting in 3months. Doesn't seem like an active group so will look for another. Can't say that I am not trying to start a new life. Oh well. Going to a meditation class at a local church tomorrow. Maybe I will meet some nice people there. Trying to find new friends at the ripe old age of 51 is tough!
Another sober day. hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I made it home from the party. Had to go pick up my daughter from a friends house, so that was my excuse to leave early. It was a nice party for the guy retiring. Lots of drinking going on.

One neighbor lady whom I adore struck up a conversation about my not drinking. For some reason, I sort of spilled my guts to her. She asked how it was going with my husband drinking. I thought that was an interesting question. She says she has had friends quit drinking and the spouse didn't and it was difficult. I agreed and said it has been at times. We chatted for awhile and I am not sure why I was opening up to her so much,but it sort of kept spilling out. She is not a big drinker but is very social on the lake. I am sure she will talk to others about it, but she is not a gossip. Plus I honestly don't care.

Two other neighbors (married to each other) have quit drinking. They say they are trying to lose weight. She was drinking tea too, so that made me feel a bit more at ease.

I was glad to leave. Hubby was drinking away, well into a good buzz. I felt sad when I left, knowing that I can't drink like a normal person. I feel good now that I am home and in my jammies. Good to know that tomorrow will be a sober,clear headed day.

Goodnight Ninjas.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everybody has to go through grieving what can't be - but then, once you come to terms with that, you really start to appreciate what can be.

The last 5 years have been the best of my life - bar none (pardon the pun).

D
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yeah I had a school fundraising event to go to. Lots of good wine and nice food ( private school) and watched others drink. I went alone so there was no one to stop me if I wanted to but just had water. Felt a bit sad like you Tres but I didn't get drunk or tipsy in front of the board or Head of School so in the end it's worth it.