Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 8

Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh wow, PBC...that's awesome news!! Yay her!!

Lol Dave..nice H and F rendition.
I can't help but fall in the rain water. (Of course frances doesn't help matters, talkin to Dee about who's on top and who's on the bottom. Sheesh! What am I supposed to do?! It's not my fault!!)
The way you feel about Fenway is kinda how we are about Joe Louis. (Hockey stadium) Tho, I think we're really ready for a new one. History, shmistory! Love Field of Dreams..one of our favs.
I'm gonna go off on a tangent now...isn't it funny how, when you've seen a movie a ton of times, you start pickin it apart? Like, it's still a favorite, but you start finding things in it to pick on. The other week we were watchin Field of Dreams and when the little girl falls off the bleachers, chokin on a hotdog...someone tells the mom to go call an ambulance and then Kevin Costner is all "wait"..cuz "Doc" is gonna cross the line and save her, right? Well there's no way I would stop and NOT call an ambulance. I mean, what does it hurt? Like you'd totally rely on some ghost guy from the past to save your kid. Ok, I'm done.

Fudger...Real Steal was filmed in Detroit at Cobo Hall. Just a little trivia for ya. I have a friend who's an agent for Hollywood peeps..mostly cinematographers, directors of photography, etc. and one of his guys was in town filming it a couple years ago. I was bummed I didn't know ahead of time to go check it out. I'm glad you liked it..not sure if I'll see it. I did just see Ides of March and liked it a lot!!

Bummer on the cold, Lofty. Hope it doesn't progress into anything much. Try not to think about the pillow..or what you can't see in the hotel room without a black light. Meh..just don't lick the comforter and you should be fine.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

a few choice word changes make this song relevant, go on sing along, i dare you, i promise you will feel 20% better and smile. sing it........

SR can show you the world
Sober, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, marchers, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

SR can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic recovery ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But now i"ve give up beer
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me

Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Sobbed like a girl many times to this, many memories relating to my past, my drinking etc, but i looked at it from the angle of a guy made a mistake, he made the effort to change, and in turn changed his life..........sound familiar...!!

Old 10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Editor

A little 80's for Friday night. This is my FAVORITE group of alllllllll Timmeeeeessssss.
enjoy
The Producers - What's He Got? (Stereo) - YouTube
Dave
Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Editor

OK!
I just found another.
The Producers - Certain Kind of Girl - YouTube
Dang it this music makes me smile!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Editor

OK last one for now.

All the boys are dressed in best of town...I am standing here in hand me downs!
The Producers - Lucy - YouTube
Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Mirage, you have GOT to be one of the funniest people I've ever met! We HAVE to meet in person one day very soon. What's been up in your world today?

PF, I loved that movie! Awww! Actually, I pretty much love all of Hugh Grant's movies. But this one with Drew, too, AND music -- 80's music at that! ... well, how could it be better?

How about a QOTD? We'll try this one: What was your first automobile? Your current auto? Your dream auto?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all. It's nice to be back home today, but it was nice to be away this week, too. I hadn't had a biz trip out in a while, and they are good for the soul. They remind me of why I left the corporate world and the constant travel, where the heart definitely grows fonder for home. In fact, sitting here right now, I am feeling like I'm a bit too fond of home lately. I've been using it as a shelter from life, which includes work, with its rigors and conflicts. But,my days of respite have served their purpose.

Today is day 70, and the Ides of October. What better reason to improve my life? (Of course, tomorrow is day 71 and the day after Ides, so that could be a good one, too, right?)

My point is this: sobriety has continued to improve my life, and I'm starting to stir within the cocoon, sprouting wings, which is making quarters cramped. Soon I will emerge, newly developed, and ready to take on the world once again. I feel it coming! The alcoholic numbness is wearing off. Mental wavelengths are settling down. Focus is returning. Logical, organized thought patterns are emerging. I'm starting to be able to complete what I set out to do each day. Life is getting brighter, despite the approaching fall/winter making the days dimmer. I am more clearly and crisply seeing the value of what I previously ignored or dismissed. And I am appropriately humbled, sometimes shamed, by memories of prior selfish actions and the mental meanderings of my previous mindset.

There is still much healing, growth, and change to come. But, I'm not overwhelmed. Rather, I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I am being guided, watched over, protected by God with each step taken. He is still carrying me when I am weary, helping me across the tundra of recovery and relieving my deserved despair. What an awesome God!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober, PUMP YOU UP, type of weekend!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dave..just watched your vids. How'd I forget these guys? Classic! That keyboardist is jammin'! Well done!

Mirage...I wonder if your friend knows my cousin. She's a casting director, and has done a lot of work for Ron Howard, Penny Marshall, and other big names. She's been involved in a lot of big movies; its fun to hear her stories of interactions with some of the stars.

Frances...congrats on getting the big job done before the weekend! That's the kind of satisfaction I am looking forward to as life improves. Right now, there's a lot of unfinished business tasks and items constantly over my head at work. There's nothing like wrapping up an accomplished day, is there!?

PBC...still thinking about your childhood story. I wonder if the friend who slipped you the bible has any idea how great an impact she had on your life?

OK...this is weird. I am the only one awake - I love my mornings like this - yet I keep hearing something like someone is tuning my son's drum set. Hmm....better check it out.

Well...we either have a dadblasted varmint, or our dadblasted dog is wagging her tail in her sleep, beating on the side of her crate. Or, the ghosts and ghoblins of October are just f'in with me.

Aussie...hang in there! (That was a pun about you being on the bottom of the world...I konw you guys thought I wasn't paying attention)

Dee...I hear you need to use your oven a bit more often? Maybe bake Mrs. Dee some cookies or something? Sorry...just lurking in other worlds here lately...

Professor...I'm looking forward to seeing Real Steel and Ides real soon. A lot of Ides was filmed right up the street from me in Oxford, OH, but those darn Michiganders had to steel all the location credits in the movie. Even though Clooney is from here. The nerve...

RA...thanks for checking in. Glad you are doing well!

TOI...how are the weebles? How are YOU!?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Editor

I am glad that you had a good trip Lofty!!! The Producers were slightly ahead of there time. They signed with Sony and have been tied up in legal battles ever since. Hence no release of awesome 80's tunes. Oh well. At lest we have you tube.

mirage- yep! I was right there with ya on the top bottom thing. What do ya'll have planned for the weekend?
My boy went to south florida to run....I couldnt get my call covered so I am here pulling my hair out. He just called and finished pretty good. He sounded excited....so I guess he enjoyed it.

Anyone one out hiking or adventuring this weekend.

On the discussion of Eating. I dont give a rats rooty what people eat. I was more concerned about a suggestion in the song that I posted. I liked the song and wanted to share it, but did not want to project any negative thoughts in a sexual manner. I did not want anyone to go eeewwwwww! He is a weirdo. Although I am. Therefore I was trying to put in disclaimers and distract the reality of the song that it says she sure likes the bone. some might be offended. My wife would have biffed me on the back of my head. So that is were I was going with the hole thing.

If it lays still long enough......I'll eat it. Not a picky eater at all. The way I look at it. If you are hungry enough....You will eat anything no matter your preference.

Ok enough babble from the vault of insanity.

Happy Saturday and Go Tigers!
DAve

I am an LSU fan as well as pulling for mirages and PBC's husbands team.

Ready....Break!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey folks! Happy Saturday! It's a blustery day here today (as Pooh would say). Wow..windy..blowin the leaves around like crazy. Big college fb game this afternoon before the Tigers play tonight. PBC..are you a State fan or U or M?? It's tough for me, cuz my bro and sil went to U of M, but I had a lot of friends who are Spartans and I spent a lot of time at both colleges visiting. I'm close to Ann Arbor tho, so I lean that way.

OH wow..I just tuned in to the game and I have to say...EWWW on the uniforms!! What are they doin?? Must be retro day or something. I say if they're gonna torture us with these retro uniforms, they should REALLY go retro and lose the helmets! That'll teach em!

That's funny about the credits, Lofty. I actually thought about you a lot during that movie cuz it was set in Cincy and there were some pretty neat shots. I didn't know about the Michigan thing. We're funny that way..need help takin that knife out of your back?

My teaching gig was a nightmare yesterday. These 8th graders were bizarrely unruly. I won't get into details, but to give you an idea, I was given a freakin WALKIE TALKIE so I could just 'breaker breaker one nine' down to the office and someone would come get the kid in question if I had a hard time. wtf??! I didn't know I was dispatched to the south side of Chicago! sigh. And I'm not a quiet, pushover type..so it wasn't cuz of ME, per se. These kids were just somethin else. Oh well. I just feel bad for the good kids..they're not learning all that they can in that kind of environment.

Dave..remind me never to die in a plane crash with you surviving, in the Andes.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Editor

I will survive!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Tastes like chicken!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

About Dave, I was thinking the same thing, Mirage! I'll bet his wife isn't too deep of a sleeper ... could get dangerous!

Jim likes UofM, so I go with them. We've gone to many games, but not for a few years. I miss the Big House! There's so much energy there ... it gets your heart pumping, for sure!

My sil teaches in a school in Deerborn that sounds kinda like the one you were in, Mirage. Her school is about 80% Muslim, and when 911 happened, many of the students were cheering.

I'm just hangin' out in the boutique today. I took an extra day because I took off one next weekend to prepare for everything that's going on. I have a music rehearsal with the full band after work, and I'm really excited because the electric guitar player is a guy who played with me at my old church. I haven't seen him in ages, or played with him in a couple years. Yay!

How are the storms down under?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Geez, PBC..I'm born and raised in Dbn. Actually, we just moved from there 6 years ago and I subbed there. It can be rough for sure. Where is she teaching?? What a small world.

Trying to ward off a case of the f-its today. I'm a little lonely, bored, frustrated that I can't go out (or stay in) and tie one on. A beautiful fall day and all these exciting sporting events goin on and I have a sitter tonight and nowhere really to go. I know. I'm just feeling sorry for myself but I'm struggling at the moment. My eyes keep welling up and then I tell myself to shut up. (I'm not even "saying" anything! Geez Linda..lighten up.)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dont do it, mirage. I know you can overcome the tempting moment, one moment at a time.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

She teaches 6/7th grade math at the public Middle School there ... no idea which one.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Well, I was going to surprise you, Mirage, and call ... but it seems I've lost your number AND my phone is dead. Razzle frazzle.

It's the thought, right? Hugs to you, pretty lady!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Aw..thanks PBC..I'm ok. Thanks Lofty..I'm riding it out. I'll be ok.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Editor

"Get in my Belly!"