Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 8

Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Welcome home, frances! Sorry about the mess!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Editor

Mirage. This is not medical advice. It is knowledge from one friend to another. I know that you probably already know this,but Dehydration is bad. If fluid levels get low enough.....internal organs start to shut down. Not to mention making it near impossible to fight off infections. If he can not keep down fluids for an extended period you will have to get him to the ER for an IV. I know it is scary and a pain in the rumpass ,but you would be amazed at what an IV dose can do.....It is like someone flipping a switch. Been there done that with the wife a few years ago. I pray that he can keep down his fluids and push through to a speedy recovery. I am sending you hugs and prayers.
Busy Busy
Marchers.....March
Dave
Old 11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Dee, how are you feeling today? I've been praying for you.

Mirage, how's your son? Did he go to school today? Do you have any hair left, or did you pull it all out? I hear bald is the new black. (and Dave, your friendly mutual experience-sharing sounds quite intelligent to me. I'd go with it.)

Welcome home, Frances! I like your thought ... but getting hammered still feels like a normal response to stress to me. Of course, it's useless and counter-productive, but seems normal. Maybe when I'm at my 8 month I'll feel differently. I hope!

Lofty, how are you doing? You just hit 90 days, right? If so, YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! If not, then YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY for being close! Woo-hooooooo!

My 1 week was last night. Yay for me, too! Tonight we have my little one's psychologist appointment. For the past couple months, during her appointments Jim and I have walked to a next-door Chili's for a drink while we wait. Of course, then I've had to pick up a little bottle of something on the way home to finish the night off. Jim asked me what we were going to do tonight while we wait, and I suggested we update our Dave Ramsey budget stuff for November. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't go to Chili's and NOT have a drink ... it's just too much of a habit and too accessible. We'll just hang out in the waiting room instead. Much safer.

The next couple weeks are getting waaaaay to over-booked for my tastes. I have to conduct a BUNCH of trainings for all the employees in my territory (which equates to hundreds, and some driving to various cities), and we're moving our center to a new location for which we have several trainings that we have to attend, and I'm supposed to do some big media stuff to promote the new location including planning a large-scale Success Stories Live media event. Not to mention being a mom and wife and working my other job ... sheesh! It's a little ridiculous, honestly. I hope it's just a short chapter of life.

Have a great night, my friends! Hugs all around!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi guys - not very well today - I think it's more a cumulative effect of this week than anything else, but I think a day in, around, or near bed is called for lol

thanks for the prayers PBC

Carry on gang! back tomorrow
D
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee..hope you feel better soon. Get some rest.

Thanks Dave..ya know I've fainted a number of times due to dehydration and it wasn't even on my radar when he was going through that, so thanks for reminding me. He was pretty much good as soon as the episode was over. It lasted a long time, but then when it was over, it was over. He went to school today and now all we're fighting are the ear infections. Poor kid, honestly. He's a trouper, not a complainer, bless his not so little anymore heart. Hope things are good w/ you Mr. Forward and I appreciate the non-medical advice.

Way to go on your week, PBC! Keep up the good work, puttin one foot in front of the other, racking up the time. Time helps break those habits. Just work on putting time between you and the booze, and I think you'll feel better and better. Sorry you're so busy, but maybe it's a blessing right now. No time for a drink, girl...get to work!

Hi frances...hope your meeting went well today and glad you're home safe and sound.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dee, get some rest and I hope your better tomorrow.

Frances thanks for the up vibes.

Mirgae of course your son is a trouper , his mother is a Marcher .lol.

Lofty 90 Days
Old 11-04-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, Aussie! What a lift that you remembered! Thanks!

Yep, I've been planning my celebration for awhile. Tried to make plans to have lunch with a good friend who has 9 yrs, but we couldn't coordinated it this week, so will do so next week.

Instead, I'm having breakfast with my friend and pastor, and lunch with my colleagues at Maggiano's, a great Italian restaurant.

Glad you are back, safe and sound, Frances, and that your friend is well on the mend. And, that you had a week of growth. I can sense the gift you received in giving in love, and it's gotta feel great.

Hope the weekend brings rest for you Mirage, after a tough one! A few of us are still fighting the sinus colds, but they are getting better.

Keep up the good fight, PBC!

Dave, it looks like we've each had success this week in the battle for time, and in taming our SR addiction/obsession. It feels good to have had a productive week.

Dee, hunker down and mend! It pains me that you are suffering. I don't know what to do other than pray, but if there is anything, I hope you'll let me know.

Happy sober Friday!

90 !!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Lofty has 90 days!!!!!

WHOO HOO LOFTY!!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Lofty

D
Old 11-04-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Pbc is one week!!!!

PBC, SO HAPPY FOR YOU! WAY TO GO!!!!

Here's to the next week of moving towards all the amazing gifts waiting for you!
(Who knows what they are, but they are going to be great and I am excited for you to discover them.)
Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to you too PBC

as neither aussie or Dave are here, it's time to start a new thread

(nah just kidding it's bed time for me - thanks for the good wishes all - I feel much better than I did this morning)

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-9-a.html

D