Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 8

Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

LOL Dee, I got my seasons mixed up. Maybe you live on the top and I'M on the bottom?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Another fine week at work hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-14-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning all! The Tigers snuck out that game last night so we're 2-3..game 6 on Saturday night. I might have to go have some fun and watch it somewhere. I'm working this afternoon..middle school English. Yay!! Should be interesting! (That's what I taught before I went and procreated.)

PBC..that story was heartbreaking. Sometimes it just baffles me what parents do to children. I can't imagine it...on either end..as a child of parents OR as a parent of a child. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Way to go, Lofty. You sound so strong now..like you've crossed some line that wasn't there earlier on when you were trying. I can really hear a difference this time..it's exciting.

Hey Dave..I now picture you not unlike Hanz and Franz. Go ahead and do the bit..I know you want to.

Have a great day, frances!

It's weird how Dee and aussie don't just fall off the planet, or that the blood doesn't rush to their heads all the time. Actually, that may explain a lot...
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hang in there, fudger..TGIF!!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Editor

mirage.....just for you!!!!!(in the arnold accent) I just got back from the gyyyymmmmm. I can hardly type because my muscles are so..........PUMPED UP!I am glad that I dont have an itch on my nose. I would not be able to scratch it...........because I am so........PUMPED UP! I was going to stop at the bath room and take care of business.......but when I saw myself in the mirror....I couldn't stop looking because I am so ........PUMPED UP! They are like pythons on a feeding frenzy. They are like cannons ready to fire. They are like my two best friends.....Shock and Awe.

Ok enough of the muscle talk.

Lofty-Thanks man! It is all in me and I have to work through it somehow. I will take every prayer that is offered.

Aussie- in case you didnt know.....it was Winnie the pooh that I was speaking of. I just wanted to clarify. Lofty and I cant help ourselves. If I would have read it last night....I would have been upset that I didnt beat him to the punch line. We are kindred souls and we cant help ourselves when a opportunity arises.

Fudger. You are almost done for the week arent you. Drink a Blue for me! You beat us to the weekend every time.

frances-I don't eat meat but I'm interested in all kinds of food.
Reminds me of a song.

Dee- stay in the A/C! That is why they invented it.

PBC- Modern Family is a funny show. Not always appropriate for younger children. Funny none the less.

Ok I know I missed someone but I am working and typing and drinking coffee and reading the paper and handling calls. Normal morning.

TGIF everyone!
DAve

PS I really did just get back from the gym. MAN are my arms pumped
Old 10-14-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok this is the song that frances comment on meat reminded me of.
It by no means is a dig on frances or anyone else who chooses not to eat meat. I think frances is one of the coolest, big hearted, interesting people I know. I just like the beat of the song and it mentions not eating meat. OF COURSE there are sexual undertones in the song and I am saying up front that I am not implying any part of that. To heck with it! I am not going to post it if there are that many disclaimers.
I will send a link if requested
Dave
Old 10-14-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Editor

mirage- I did my own version of the hanz and franz. I just didnt think that it would sound right if I said I wanted to pump (clap) you up. I am trying not to be in the gutter, but some how I always slip and fall in the rain water.
Dave
Old 10-14-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Loving your good morning vibes Dave! I rowed at the gym this morning. *blows on guns*

What song?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

LOL, now I'm intrigued. Just post the song title! I'm not offended in any way by peoples' personal eating choices, just as I know nobody really cares what I eat or don't.

Food and cooking binds us together so it's cool to share what we bring to the table.
  # 30 (permalink)  

Alrighty then, thanks! Lemme go check it out.
  # 31 (permalink)  
Editor

new age girl by dead eye dick 1994
I believe that they are a band out of New Orleans, Louisiana.
I'd call it upbeat and a little sassy
WTH here ya go.
http://youtu.be/Qgi1haKje6c
remember the disclaimer above.

Damn I feel good today. It must have something to do with my new friends.

Hey mirage Go Tigers!-------whispering.....I am a redsox fan.....shhhh! my redsox choked as big as you can.
So I say Go Tigers!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm at the boutique today and have no sound on this computer!

And speaking of eating choices, I'm hungry! I think I'll go make my lunch, which is a little worrisome as I usually don't eat until 2 or so and it's only noon ...

I'm going to be famished again by the time I get out! It's a hungry day.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Oh, and my Jim will love that you're rooting for the Tigers, too, Dave!

That's one professional team that I've actually gotten to see play. Their new(ish) field is pretty amazing.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Editor

I love MLB fields. There is something about them. I dread the day that they tear down Fenway. I know that it will happen and the upgraded version will be modern and nice, bu tit wont be Fenway. There is something nostalgic about being there. I can feel Ted Williams rounding first and knocking in a couple of runs when I am there. I remember seeing the rocket in his prime. The ball was only a blurrrrrrrrrrr after leaving his magical hands. There is something about America's game. A certain amount of grace, speed, presence of mind, and pure raw talent that captures the mind, heart, soul of many people. I admit that I am one. Amen

Field of Dreams-----If you build it they will come. That movie was written from what I am talking about.
The Natural probably the best movie ever.
For Love of the Game Rocked!

I have to quit. I am getting all wound up.
Sorry,
Dave
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dave, Field of Dreams was filmed near where I've been this week. One of the attorneys I work with here said the actual property, field and all, sits vacant and for sale as of this day. Don't know if it comes with the farmhouse. That was a favorite movie of mine too.

Learned a lot of good stuff to put into practice when I get home. It was different, coming to a training event, and not getting obliterated. I still hung with the folks who were out until 3 this am, but I was in bed by 10:15, and actually understood the material today. I think I'm gonna up my contract with this company; they have a great deal to offer, including a pension that I currently don't enjoy.

Lots of great business thoughts and ideas here lately. I'm ready for it, and want it badly.

Only down side to this week is that I think I'm coming down with a cold and cough. Makes ya' wonder who was last breathing into the pillow I slept on...yuck.

Lots to process from this week. All growth stuff, which is good. I am loving sobriety. Thanks, Mirage, for noticing the normalcy in my resolve. I do think I'm over the hard hump. Really, I have no desire to live in drunkenness again. And that only requires one simple think...to not drink. It's easy to see that there's no added value that drinking brings to my life. But, if I awoke that part of my being, I can also see how it would blind me to what I'm seeing right now, and I'd quickly become oblivious to bliss in sobriety. God is doing for me what I can't do for myself. That's really cool.

Thanks for saying what you said, Frances, about meat-eaters. I've not been as sensitive about others as Dave is, and sometimes just post outspokenly. My little quip has been one of my favorites. But, you should know that I totally respect vegetarians, and their reasons for their choices.

Hey Aahhnold. Wanna arm wrestle?

Well...better get to work. Airport time can be very productive!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

build it they will come........

someone who followed a path he believed in when many thought he was nuts, sound familiar? if we believe in ourselves, the good times will come.

and yes TFI friday...

just seen Real Steel withh hugh jackman, awesome film, especially the father son subplot, i had a tear at the end too
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

LOL now I remember that song Dave. It's a good one.
Safe home Lofty!

Got a really hard article written and turned in. I'm set up for a good Monday workwise. I'm just going to shut down the computer and go work in the garden.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

"shut down the computer" ... I had you up until this phrase .... and then you seemed to have broken into some foreign language ... I don't understand ...

Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh, and I wanted to update you all on my little one. She has a pschologist appointment tonight, and it reminded me. She hasn't picked out her eyelashes or eyebrows since summertime ... yay! A few times she was upset about things that happened with other kids in school, so to cope she asked the teacher if she could step out in the hall for a minute (the teacher knows about her anxiety issues). Then she went out there, breathed, and worked through some coping mechanisms in her mind before joining the room again.

Is that awesome or what???!!! And she's just 11! I love her.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
It's weird how Dee and aussie don't just fall off the planet, or that the blood doesn't rush to their heads all the time. Actually, that may explain a lot...
Just so you know I have been off the planet many times. lol.

Dave I do know who pooh is that was just my lame attempt at humour.

Lofty sorry your not well , have a safe flight.

Morning professor and Frances

PBC, your daughter sounds like she is doing really well , so happy she can get on top of that anxiety.

5.30am we had our first storm of the day. ARGHHHH