Notices

45 Days and Under

Old 11-10-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

45 Days and Under

Hi all! The 60 day and under thread seems a little overwhelming for me and I'm quickly approaching 30... so I figured I would start this new thread of 45 days and under.

Today is 22 Days... I am NOT going to pick up a drink today, and that feels amazing to say!

I hope to see all of my new found friends in here... and of course would love to make more!

Shannon
Old 11-10-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go Shannon!! Keep on moving forward one day at a time!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll chime in here! I agree that thinking too far out can be demoralizing! Congrats on your sober time!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing fantastic, Shannon!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ahh, thanks Hope, as are you!!! :ghug3

I'm in a very good mood tonight... which is a change from how I was feeling last week. I was very drained and went to bed really early every night. I literally could have gone to bed at 7 last week... the fact that it's 7:15 right now and I feel like I have a couple more hours in me is good!

I just want to say again how much I appreciate all of you and especially am very grateful to have found this amazing site. I truly feel that I would not be where I am today without you! So thanks again... and that won't be the last time you will hear that!!! haha

Peace in chicken grease
Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
being me

Hi Shannon!

Glad you are feeling better. I am starting to have more energy as well.

I am excited about this thread too, baby steps into a better life of sobriety, yay!

K
Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am starting to get more energy too and it's so exciting!

Sounds like we're all feeling better which is a great reward of staying sober!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! How is everyone feeling today?

I'm doing well... still feeling energized and in a fantastic mood. I agree Hope, what a great reward this is to staying sober!

Shannon
Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Tuesday to all!

37 days sober today! wow, can't believe it! A few months ago, I couldn't even stay sober for one day. And now I have 37 days in a row? Wow!

Still having sleep problems. Kinda feel sluggish physically today but mentally I feel AWESOME!!

Being sober is GREAT!!!

(I'm excited!)
Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS on 37 days Hope... that's fantastic!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yippee Shanman - You started this thread. I'm reminded that my brain still is mush, because it actually took me what, 3 days to find it, lol!

Day 31 for me. I had a little energy to spare the last couple of days too.
Amazing how things change and it takes a while to notice it. It's all good though.

Just like you said grrrr...it really is those baby steps that work, isn't it?

Hope Congratulations on 37 days. If my calculations are right, it is actually
39 days today. Like I mentioned I'm a wee bit slow these days.

Ok friends, it is onward we go! We just don't give up no matter what one day at a time.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
being me

Go baby steps! These last couple days have been challenging for me. I am definitely applying the small step philosophy and the will to not give up! Can't wait to officially graduate to this thread!

Congrats hope and mtnmagic! Keep on keepin' on!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope, congrats on 40 days sober today!!!! That's awesome!!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

HIYA... HAPPY FRIDAY! How is everyone doing today? Day 26 for me... YIPPY SKIPPY! I'm doing well... I am working from home today so I'm doing REALLY well, haha! Although, technically I am suppose to be working, but I keep finding myself cleaning my house since my son is at day care and I can get things done from start to finish! hehe

Magic - so glad ya found us... haha... I know what you mean about mush brain!!!

Alright.... back to cleaning... uh, I mean working!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you Shanman and grrrr...26 days, and 40 for Hope.
Woo Hoo!

Shanman enjoy your working, and cleaning and hope you have a good friday.

grrrr - I'm having a difficult time also. I had lunch yesterday with a man that I have been in a relationship (of sorts) for about the last three years. We have never lived together, but we have gone back and forth as to defining exactly what our relationship is. I have to say that I have hurt him multiple times with my drinking episodes in different ways. He does not drink, but is a codie. Lot's to this story, maybe I'll get into it further later. The bottom line
is we don't know exactly where we should go in this relationship. He is on the verge of ending it (I can tell) and funny thing is I understand completely.
It still hurts like heck though. Finally we decided not to make a decision and
to continue to see each other more often to find out what happens with me not drinking. This seems rational.

My feelings were not rational once I got home from our lunch date. I felt awful, rejected, ashamed, guilt ridden (all my own doing) and the desire to drink came on really strong. I was actually afraid that I would just give up and go to the liquor store. I changed my clothes into old sweats, climbed into bed at 5:00pm and stayed there reading until I felt like I could fall asleep. I didn't go drink. I guess if all fails, just go to bed, huh? Still feeling anxious this morning. Oh well, baby steps and nobody said this would be easy.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Magic... I am SO proud of you!!! You did a wonderful thing by jumping into bed and reading!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
being me

I haven't been able to get on the internet due to my travelling. Wish I could have been here sooner!

MAGIC - I really feel for you, my thoughts go out. I think it is great that you did what you needed to in order to stay sober! No matter what happens with that relationship, your life will work out best without drinking. I keep feeling that if I work on me, the rest of life will fall into place. Kinda like I am the big picture and the rest are details.
I hope you are feeling better today. You are a good person and don't need to feel guilty about what has happened in the past. It is the past, and today is today. I think that taking it slow in the relationship seems rational as long as it keeps feeling that way. Listen to yourself and it will work out fine.

BIG :ghug3
Old 11-15-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am sorry that some of you have been struggling.

Seems to be something going around.

I had a rough night myself last night. I had a horrible craving. It was awful. I stayed at home last night and I went to bed early.

I have messed things up with someone I care about and I guess that is what caused the cravings. It seems to be better today though. Hopefully, it will stay this way.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Pretty amazing how when we get ourselves into some uncomfortable situations, or start hurting that craving comes, huh? I learned it passes.
I still don't feel very good about the situation, but I'm not craving a drink
like I was the other night. Learned a good lesson about not giving in to the
urge. Yep Hope, it does work - If all else fails go to bed, lol!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Talking 27 days!!!

im a newcomer to this site and happy to have found it. 27 days for me, and i really think this is it for me. i've tried numerous times to stay on the wagon, but always ended up off falling off the tail end when my own little pity party would start. we need to learn our triggers, and for me i learned through AA that at least one of mine in FALP -- Frustration and Anger over Loss of Power. BIG issue in my marriage and as i look back, in my childhood as well. it is almost like a revenge tactic. you don't want me to drink, but if you aren't going to value my opinion or give me a voice in my destiny, if you are going to belittle and devalue me, guess what? i'm gonna drink to numb the pain, drink in order to continue "functioning" in this dysfunctional relationship as best i can without going insane and flipping out.

well ive gotten to the point now where im no longer able to accept living like this, and drinking is only continuing the vicious cycle for me. i don't know where the relationship is headed, and in all honesty, i can't worry about that right now. i can only worry about me and slaying this beast. i have to realize i've handed all my power over to another human being and, in order to get my head around that concept, i've given my life over to alcohol. not cool. im am an amazing person, and i really know that deep down inside. life is too short to feel like a lesser person than you truly are.

so to all of you out there struggling through the first couple months along with me, just remember that YOU are worth this. YOU deserve to be happy. YOU deserve to be free of this all consuming life we have come to know. It is consuming the life we are meant to live -- it is merely holding us in limbo until we wake up and decide to "step it up" -- haha, no pun intended, seriously, but very appropriate, eh?

well im going to wrap this up...and i warn you, i tend to ramble, so i apologize to you now if you have a short attention span!!!