Notices

Class Of June 2011 pt 11

Old 10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

PS Instant - you are a great inspiration to all of us. I really appreciate all of your posts, they continue and are intuitive as well. So very valuable.

Thanks, Instant!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
instant

Full moon or thereabouts tonight. It's a good omen for Paddy and also TP's run, and hopefully will light the way for Wiggle.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Not posted for a couple of days sorry ive been in a wierd sort of place with good and bad things happening - talk about ying and yang! Anyway all is good for me as I am progressing still a day at a time without drinking.

Instant congrats on 150 days and you will get to 6 months no problem. I see that as a major milestone. I know it doesnt mean we are cured and the struggle will always continue but it is something to say you havent had a drink for half a year when you are an alcoholic! In the UK you cannot have a liver transplant unless you have been dry for 6 months. I guess thats another bonus :S

Paddy I am so happy to see you doing so well and feeling happy about it. Thats one of the main obstacles I think - knowing you ought to stop drinking but not really wanting to is unlikely to mean success. Accepting the fact that your drinking days are over and being happy about each sober day achieved is a huge step in the right direction. I do still have the occasional thoughts of "wouldnt it be nice if...." etc etc but I shrug them off with thoughts like well ive had my fair share over the years and now its time for me to grow up. Once upon a time it was fun but in the end it was hell and I know if I went back to it that is where I would end up again and I dont want that. One thing I love more than anything now is to be able to feel proud of myself for my sober time so far and to hold my head high around my family and the few friends that know about my problem.

Im sure I will post before/during the weekend but just in case I dont TP good luck with the marathon - you really are an inspiration. I would love it if I could get hooked to some form of exercise that would improve my fitness - maybe one day.

I also think of the June thread when I see the moon - it seems to have become a reminder for all of us. I love that.

Anna can I come and stay too while the builders are in?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 150 days Instant - thanks as always for your contributions here

D
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello. Day 23? My strep throat has gone, yet something else has taken its place. Constant coughing fits, nasal drainage, the works. lame.

Wiggle- to answer your question, no. I have not found myself yet. Each day another layer peels back and I get a little bit closer. Kind of nice when there isn't someone telling you who you should be or what you should do. Again, I hope all is well! You will get through it and most likely will be happier for it.

Instant - Wow! 150. I am so proud.

Pumpkin too. I liked what you said about being able to hold your head up high.

Classical- not-so-funny how that stinking AV sneaks up. I caught myself thinking about how much it sucks (boo hoo) and how I could get some wine when I felt better. Thats the first time the thought crossed my mind. I peeled myself off the couch and logged onto SR. A better choice.

TP- how was the run? Did I miss that post?

Stream - lol (WTF SOY CHEESE?!!?) Its not so bad. Though I admit real cheese is way better. Also LOL the new oven. Sounds like something I would pull, if I could afford it.

Brat- I'm happy for your fitness accomplishments. what a sweetie you are, inviting wiggle to stay. Winter is coming, can I move to TX and stay with you too?

Paddy you are making great strides. Keep it up!

Dee- thanks for the reassurance about your oven being clean. very nice.

I'm sure I have missed someone, I usually do. If I missed a shout out. "I love ya."

On a personal note. I am home sick for my bath tub. At dad's there is only a shower stall. My favorite feel good pastime is taking a long, hot bath. It is most important when I am feeling under the weather. I do miss my cats and my dog as well. Hopefully I will have all of these things back by the end of January.

LOVE
Old 10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm reading this book

ok not really LOL

have a great rest of your day and into the weekend gang
D
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
instant

Dee. That looks like my house, but I am not wearing a skirt at the moment. I have not actually read 'perfection salad' but I am sure to look up Laura on Amazon.

It's 6pm on Friday night here. Usually I have been and collected some supplies by now. To be honest I have been aware that it has all been a charade for some years. I would always shop with an underlying sense of despair.

I saw two guys carrying alcohol when I went shopping for sushi at lunch. I don't know if it was my imagination but they had and air of aroused joviality about them that repelled me. Looked like they were set for a session when they got home. I don't know what they were really feeling but I got a sense of that powerful feeling of "anticipation" that ultimately excludes others and ultimately trapped me in a bubble. I was very aware that I am free of that now, no sense of being excluded or left out.............just free.

I hope the weekend proceeds as everyone would want it. Paddy I hope you can make it two in a row, and TP I hope it all goes well.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok. If Blackbird and Bratnik say it's worth trying I'm gonna give it a whirl this weekend. Soy Cheese. Do you put it on a cracker? In a salad? In a sandwich with a slab of liverwurst? Help me out here.

Feeling pretty good about the approaching weekend, which makes me wary of dropping my gaurd. Just gotta keep reminding myself whats important.

Everyone have a safe and sober weekend.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes a very slow week. The ballet sounds wonderful. I haven't been to one since I was a little girl. The Nutcracker.

Paddy, how is it going?

Stream - You can buy different varieties. Shredded or slices. From what I recall, it doesn't melt very well.... Its just ok.... a substitute.... I still prefer real cheese, but calorie and fat wise its better.

24 days.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey class! Today is#140 - I'm still keeping track on my calendar, but think it's time to maybe track it by weeks also. The cool thing is every single Friday I'm on a new week - the perfect day to remind myself how I value sobriety. So, today is 20 weeks. I know this sounds silly, but I'm really looking forward to 26 weeks (6 mths) wow!!!

But, Leo has to remember to not look too far ahead and get caught up in nonsense - stay close to home and keep my focus on what I can be grateful for just for today, as they say.

I hope everyone has a safe and sober weekend.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Its been a slow week, havent been posting much but have been following all of the posts.

How are you doing Paddy?

Good luck with the run TP, truly an inspiration.

I am having my surgery in a week and a half. Kind of worried about being put under. Anyone else have experiences with this? It would help me out to hear some experiences.

Glad to see everyone moving forward. My meds seem to be helping. I am not in a pit of despair anymore but do not feel "normal" if that is a word. It has only been a few weeks so I am hopeful for the future. Plus the stress of the upcoming surgery can't be helping.

Much love to all.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Tuesday-

I have never had any issues with being put under. My surgeries were all minor and I don't think I needed much time under. Don't sweat it too much though. everything will be alright.

leo - awesome
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
instant

Tuesday. It is a stressful time, and going under is a challenge. I hope it works out for you.

Leo - well done. I am amazed how you managed a day 1 on a Friday. Mine was a Monday for obvious reasons. well done on your achievement. I must confess that I am really getting ahead of myself with regard to "six months" the 15th of November. In my last 150 days I have been trying to focus on living "right now" and not trying to escape the present too much, or tell myself stories about what I am experiencing now as being unacceptable, or "not fair".

When it boils down to it a few months sober is a drop in ocean of a long drinking history. I clearly have so much more to learn about learning to live without resorting to alcohol to 'get by'. So "one day at a time" just really encapsulates what seems to be a useful mindset.

The thread has a slow feel when we are all doing well, everyone is posting and no one is struggling. So having a slow feel to the thread is not a bad thing. It is great when everyone checks in even if steady as she goes is all there is to report.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Well my day #1 was on May 28th, a saturday. But close enough! lol
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
instant

That Friday must have been a shocker!!

I do wonder does long term sobriety always start with a "zombie" day?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey guys...big race is Sunday morning...nothing to report yet. I will have a full play by play for Sunday night though.

Quick pic for you:

And one more...my new camera...

Old 10-14-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Very cool pic Tippingpoint. This is you I assume. It's always nice to put a face with the name when you have been reading peoples post for months. I will post a picture as soon as I find a good one, or have someone take a new one of me.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh, I hope you win your race.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Very late Friday night, well Saturday morning actually, post from me.

Instant I expect most streaks of sobriety start with a zombie day but probably not all of them. Im sure I have heard someone speaking at a meeting saying they were having a few drinks and realised they didnt want to do it anymore and managed to stop like that. Very unusual I would imagine.

Tuesday, Ive only been under general anaesthetic once and I was fine. Its strange when they wake you up as its like you were just being put to sleep a second ago. Just make sure they give you pain relief and be prepared in case you feel sick - it happens to some people, some not. I felt a bit woozy and sick but mainly cos they were trying to get me out of the bed within half an hour of being woken up and I hadnt been given any pain relief at all. Wouldnt of been like that if I could of afforded private medical care. My sponsor had an ovary removed yesterday and she was at the meeting tonight - she is amazing!

The meeting was quite sad as you would expect - the lady who killed herself was a big part of that meeting and helped start it up. All the more reason to carry forward the message and help others who suffer from this disease. There was a tiny bit of paper on the floor by where I was sat and it kept catching my eye. It was a little green silhouette of a person - I picked it up and have kept it and am going to stick it in my big book. Very wierd of me I know but it will remind me of her - not that I will forget her but for some reason I had to pick it up and then had to keep it.

Tomorrow I hope to get more of my step 4 done, the sex inventory - ive left it over a week and done nothing - time to crack on now . I also have to start clearing out the girls bedroom in preparation for the builders, although I still do not have a date.

Bratnik it looks like a few of us are going to be moving in with you

By the way - my oven isnt very clean but it gets used alot. If you get really bored paddy you arent that far away you are welcome to come and clean mine

Going to go to bed now as feeling a little uncomfortable and lonely in this empty house. The girls are with their Dad and even my cats are off somewhere. Maybe I feel uncomfortable cos this would be my usual really stupid pointless drinking drinking drinking time until I pass out. I dont miss it one tiny bit! I will enjoy waking up - as late as I like - whenever I wake naturally - without feeling like hell.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
Oh, I hope you win your race.
Some of the top Marathoners in the world will be there. They will finish the race in the 2 hour and 10 minute range. I will be an hour and change later - 3 hours and 30 minutes or so! That will be a win for me though!