Notices

Class Of June 2011 pt 11

Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Great job everyone!! Christmas was really nice! We had a nice little fire going, opened gifts, and played some games and watched movies. I had plenty of treats and soft drinks on hand and the four of us really enjoyed just lounging and spending time together. I'm so thankful to be able to remember this with a clear head!! Having bits and pieces of things is not as much fun as getting the whole enchilada.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I made it through sober as well.

My big test was tonight...dinner at my Aunt and Uncles. My uncle has always been a bit of a mentor and father figure to me - he's also a big drinker. In the past we'd always get loaded at these dinners - especially at Christmas.

He was great about it. "Still not drinking eh"? "Good for you!".

And that was it. I think he missed having me as a drinking buddy but I felt nothing but love and support from everyone. It was good.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go you guys

D
Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Great stuff Leo and Tipping!

I had a big family do yesterday and got through it. Next one will be New Years!

I have been up working this morning and have been writing. Finsihed for the day now. Happy, happy sober days!

Chimp!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Morning All!

Another morning sober! My cup is beside me empty, the cats are running about like nutters and I am working. One cat has found a bag of crisps to excavate.

Happy days! But I feel slightly restless this morning. I shouldn't really as I have so much work to do. I seem to have spent so much time sitting on my bumb the past six months, reading, writing and thinking. It is time to remind myself what I am doing and see the bigger picture.

There is a beautiful Sun this morning; a perfect winter's morning. Keep going Chimp, stay sober and dream by day rather than by night!

Chimp!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Morning All!

Another morning sober and another chapter of my reading completed.

Funny, I don't see it as work and therfore I sometimes feel guilty that I am not doing anything. However, when I was 'properly' working, teaching, I hated it and rarely put in a good performance. I simply couldn't be arsed!

Strange then that I was seen as bloody good at teaching by staff and students. In fact, my gf who I worked withs sometimes tells me that I am letting kids down by not teaching. Strange, I hated it!!!

But, I am working. I am creating. It is 29th December 2011 and I am sober and I have read a chapter and later I will write my daily 500 words and I will read a chapter of a book and I will download the records of a soldier and I will continue a page of research. And when the tours come in, and summer 2012 is upon us and I am living my dream then I will be happy!

But of course I am today living the dream! And that can only happen sober and I am sober and therefore today I am happy!

Chimp!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Way to go Chimp! I am truly happy for you
Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Thanks Leo!

I was reading some of the december 2010 posts yesterday and they were a real inspiration to get to that one year and beyond. So far, this has been my only sober December as an adult and probably as a teenager too!

Chimp!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:38 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Mine too Chimp. Im looking forward to starting a fresh new year hangover free!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Greetings classmates!! Leo checking in to say he is alive and kicking. Today marks 31 weeks booze and nicotine free. I think it's safe to say it's out of my system. lol

So that makes it 217 days. Out with the old, in with the new. I'm sure all of us have learned so much in 2011. I know I have. I've learned what it's like to truly struggle - it's a hell of a fight when you give it all up folks - we all know what those painful days and nights were like. I've learned what if feels like to gain serenity, to heal, and how nice if feels to actively capture and be thankful for each moment I'm given here.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

leo,

Congratulations on 31 weeks booze and cigarette free. These are great achievements. Looking back to last New Year's I bet you had doubts that 31 weeks without booze or cigarettes was possible.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates

Made it through my first Christmas season sober as well..whooo hooo!! Feels wonderful. Keep it up everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations everyone
Wishing everyone the very best for 2012

D
Old 12-31-2011, 11:47 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Morning All!

As I said to my Dad last night, my first December sober as an adult!

Many thanks to all of you, those who still post and thos who hopefully will again. To wake up sober on New Year's morning after weeks of sobriety is the greatest gift that the Christmas season could bring!

Leo, Dickensen, Pumpkin, Dee, Tuesday and everyone us, let us look forward to a sober 2012 and the serenity it will being!

Love to you all,

Chimp!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. Looks like everyone has been well, and had a good Xmas. I just got back from interstate, it all went well, and I got thorough the social challenges without to much bother. It is amazing to think It is the first Xmas in at least 30 years I have been alcohol free. As Leo said to be free of the curse is such a gift.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Haven't posted a pic in a while, so I will remedy.

Here's kind of a neat shot of my boys building Lego - Ninjago Fire Temple.

I stuck a couple of speed lights at very low power behind the Temple so that they would fire through the frosted windows and light up the scene in a dramatic way.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats pretty awesome TP!

D
Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-12-a.html

D