Notices

Class Of June 2011 pt 11

Old 10-19-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all

TP, going to check out that sober time" calculator on the front page of SR.

I am starting over again, had 10 days and picked up and had my last drink yesterday the 19th Oct at 12pm, i rang the AA help line and they said get to afternoon meeting. i was honest out side with every one that i had drunk that day (had 4 tins of beer) and yesterday i have felt ill THIS CANT GO ON ANY LONGER. So 20/10/2011 i will do this again and can still have other 10 days sober in the month of oct. hope all are well

Paddyb
Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Paddy. Just keep giving sobriety a go. We do get better at it the more we practice. Unfortunately we learn that the old AV can be tricky indeed...........but then we get better in understanding that as well !!

Are you aiming for a sober weekend? If so good luck!!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree - you can do this paddy
We're all behind you

D
Old 10-20-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

30 days. not usually one to toot my own horn but.......

paddy. If nothing changes, nothing changes. Happy sober birthday. 10/20/2011. I'm not drinking today are you?

Tp- You are now up to 64 consecutive sober days! that rocks. I am sort of in the same boat, my last (longest) sober stretch was 30 days. I am there again. It feels really good.

instant
It is possible to live without feeling that we are missing out, and that is a gift
The next time my AV feeds me the line (have a glass of wine- everyone else is - you are missing out) I need to be able to remind myself that alcohol has caused me to miss out on quite a lot. I get to be sober. YES!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
30 days. not usually one to toot my own horn but.......

paddy. If nothing changes, nothing changes. Happy sober birthday. 10/20/2011. I'm not drinking today are you?

Tp- You are now up to 64 consecutive sober days! that rocks. I am sort of in the same boat, my last (longest) sober stretch was 30 days. I am there again. It feels really good.

instant

The next time my AV feeds me the line (have a glass of wine- everyone else is - you are missing out) I need to be able to remind myself that alcohol has caused me to miss out on quite a lot. I get to be sober. YES!
Hi BBF

No not drinking and over 24 hours, i will not pick up this month, i know its just for today, and today i will not drink
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Katie - Congrats on 30 days and all your spine stiffening accomplishments.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello Juners!!!

I am still here I have my surgery early next week. Stream, I can definitely sympathize with living with pain. It sucks. I hope you are feeling better.

Glad to see you posting again Paddy.

Hope everyone is doing well. Much love.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
instant

Katie well done on that 30 days, you are sounding great.

Let's keep going one foot in front of the other.

I am struggling trying to get some software I paid good money for to load !!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I have an old friend coming to visit me today. We were childhood friends from about 12 to 17 then we had occasion to live in the same city for a period of time in our 20's but I haven't really seen him since.

He's a very interesting guy and I'm sure we'll re-connect like no time has passed. We're going to hang out like a couple of chicks today...shopping, lunch reservations at a very trendy restaurant in Yorkville - the whole drill. Should be fun!

This thread has grown quiet as of late, which has been fine for me as I find I need it less and less. I just hope that everyone is doing alright and that we're all just moving on with our lives.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

First and foremost, I am so proud of you, Katie. I knew you could do this. Sounds like you've been staying strong. I'm sure there have been times when one or all of us have said things that may not have hit just right, but maybe they hit home. We all knew you had it in you to stand up for yourself, take control of your life, and make some changes that will truly make a difference. You are our little sister, and we love you lots. I think of you often.

Since I can't touch on every one, I just wanted to say hey, and let you know I'm still plodding along. Overall, things are going well. Can't say it's all peaches and cream, but it's good! My hubby's job caused quite a bit of stress for him and for me for quite some time, and I finally told him to put a non-working light switch at the door of his shop. It was to represent him shutting off the worries and headaches of his job when he left. He needs to leave it behind, and enjoy his time here when he gets home. At one point he lost 11 lbs....at 6'1", 162 lbs, he can't afford to lose 11 lbs. He has since put it back on, so that is good.

We have a big weekend planned ahead, and looking forward to some time just the two of us - it's well needed, and hopefully, will get us back on a single track, instead of riding seperate rails.

My favorite time of year is here....burning wood to heat the house, sitting by the fire at night, cool air outside. I just love it. It's truly a time of rebirth in a way - every year it rolls around, I feel the same way. I don't handle the heat well, so this time of year is such a refresher for me. I'm very motivated, getting lots done, have high energy. No complaints there.

Well, I miss you all lots, but wanted you to know i'm still around and doing well.

Hugs and love to you all - and Katie - great job, kiddo!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi buelah!!!!!!! thank you. I am happy to read that things are going well for you. Hopefully stress for hubby has subsided! Have a good weekend!

Day 31. It is getting easier. I think I have reached that point of just being done with relying on other "things" to cope with my own shi*. I like the new me.

Hope all is well.

TP - have fun hanging like a chick! lol.

instant I hope it loads, what a pain!

PaddyB I hope your weekend is a good sober one!

much love juners!

Stream- Hi! how's that leg of yours?

tuesday, when is the surgery? Are you still feeling stressed about it?

classical - Feels good to get all of the to do's - to done. Find some time to relax with all of that working you are doing!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello all. Sorry I kind of dropped off the face of the earth. I just got home from almost 2 month work trip. I decided to visit my drinking buddy as he lives 4800 Km from my home and I was in his home area. Well I drank with him so so much for my 120 days of no drinking. I'm back on track now so things are back to normal. It wasn't a craving issue just easier/normal to drink with him than not as there was just the two of us for a night togeather at his house. I plan to stay on the sober way of life as it is better for me. I would have to say that my friend is drinking/smoking himself to death from the looks of things. He isn't tending to things like he used to, things like has garden & dog are gone to hell in a hand basket. He just doesn't seem to have much zest for life. I drove home, around 4800 Km in 2 1/2 days by myself. That is around 2-3 hours of rest per 24 hours, not too smart but I did it. I brought home some moose meat in freezers and needed to get home as soon as I could. Work wasn't that great of a story. Poorly planned on several levels and not too well executed. Long story but I learned a few lessons about going away to work. No one got hurt, the company poorly planned the work, lots of down time, coworkers were not that great, guy I traveled with was not a great experience. Made quite a bit of money though so that was the plan. Sorry I have not kept up on the goings on of the group at all lately.

LTJimmie
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
instant

Yesterday my daughter turned 16. I took her for a driving lesson last night in the shopping centre car park. Then we went for ice cream. If I was still drinking I would have been unable to enjoy the experience as it would have severely cut into my drinking time. I would have started of OK but become irritable and impatient at some point. I surprised myself with my poise.................Clear the road ..........clear the road!! we had a great time for a milestone event in her life.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sober Friday and that my friends is a good start to the weekend, all have a good 1
x
Old 10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good stuff Paddy!

Keep it going...right through the weekend!

Beulah - so nice to hear from you! We do miss you dearly.

I had a very good day with my old friend. We went to a very nice restaurant and had an obscenely expensive lunch. Then we walked around the Art Gallery Of Ontario for a couple of hours - it was great to catch up with him.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
instant

Paddy the day 1's are always the worst. Well done.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Katie-Surgery is on Tuesday.. and I am nervous!! But it should be okay.

Hope everyone is having a good night
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I haven't been doing to well, but reading your guys posts everyday is family oriented for me. I don't have much of a family left locally, so it's gonna be you guys. I will post a picture shortly, because you all have shared so much with me.
Thanks, Mark
Old 10-21-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

loving it welcome back!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope everyone has a good weekend.
well done Katie - and you too paddyb

I remember my dad doing what with me Instant - good memories

good luck Tuesday

D