One Year & Under Club Part 5

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

carry on guys
D
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to move your post over to the new thread Manz - more time warp stuff goin' on...

D
Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love that you guys are using the new lingo!!!!!!!! Heehee. Perfect usuage one and all.

Wow, where has my day gone???? Again????? 4.30pm I guess that leaves me some time yet to get a few more things done.

Is it illegal to feel soo great about life? And for once I do not think it is all going to come crashing down...... now I have a strong belief in me, my world, my life.....it is quite a revelation to me to finally feel this way after ..what?............40 years on this little planet!

btw..... i picked fresh homegrown lettuce(2 varieties) for my sandwich at lunch..I love growing my own veges!

Rock on Undie Onedies!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, a post from Manz is worth reading a second time. I feel like I have a new lease on life too. I think I appreciate things more than I ever have before, even more than when I was a kid. Recovery can be pretty amazing.

I find the time warp entertaining... Did you guys ever see the movie "Memento"?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I was wondering what had happened? Had the powers that be decided that happy is not allowed? Heehee............
Was it really ILLEGAL to feel so good

R&A...I keep meaning to watch that film.....hang on a second......I think I may have. Oh gawd..... memory! Is that where he has to keep writing himself notes so he remembers things? Hmmm...maybe there is something I need to learn from this.

Dee.... that is a cool smiley...rock on DUDE!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was the only way I could make sense of my closing and opening posts Manz - sorry LOL

D
Old 09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In "Memento" he not only writes down things before he forgets them, but the whole movie is out of order—the scenes are all jumbled up, chronologically.

On Dee's main post about the problem I cracked myself up last night by saying "We have to go back to the island!" But I don't think anyone got that reference. Oh, well. I literally had tears running down my eyes I thought it was so funny!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

nope...didn't get it lol

D
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's from "Lost"... after some of the characters finally escape the island, they realize somehow it's changed the future, because they were never supposed to leave.... But then it turns out they never left after all.... or at least the character who said "We have to go back" never really left... Some of the others did, but in the correct future, not the incorrect future....

Come to think of it, that was a really hard show to follow whilst still drinking!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

see, I never got into that show....

D
Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Me either... but oh well.

Phew, time out for 10 minutes, I logged on this morning, got distracted...rather busy...and have just found time to come back! Madness reigns in my world. Wee Man is due home shortly from his dad's place and I am cooking spaghetti...he loves it! So yes....a woman multi tasking. Go figure!

I had a mild moment of freaking out today when I realised just how crazy busy I am and now starting this new training next week. Started to panic.... then went swimming instead! I may be a little looney tunes next week so I warn you in advance.

Hope all are rocking on!

Hugs my Undie Onedies!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What whoa... posted at the same time.... R&A....stop trying to strain my brain puh-leeeeeeeeeeeese.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is a sweet one
Old 09-28-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wheeeee for Manz being busy and rockin and loving life. Makes me want to twirl around the room.

Sorry I've been MIA! Feeling good, the brain wheels are turning.... I'm getting work done and HEY have I mentioned I feel good? I could get used to this.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yay Frances.....have a dance for all of us!

I am a little subdued today. Wee Man came home and told me that his dad and wife are going to have a baby. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. Makes me sad because I would have liked to have another, and provide wee man with a sibling, now he will be getting that....just not with me involved. (It also disappoints me that his dad could not tell me before letting weeman know, so I was prepared for all the questions he asked before telling me about the coming baby!)

Funny how life has ways of reminding you to "keep it real". So, yes, a little low today after a night of annoying dreams and hours awake.

I need a hug, thats what I need. Hugging yourself is just weird and not the same at all!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh, manz, here you go!

:ghug3

That would really suck. My ex re-married about 10 minutes after we split up; I've been dreading news of a pregnancy ever since. And to hear it from my kid first, without any chance to prepare myself to smile and talk about it? Ugh.

Here's another:

:ghug3

Frances, I'm really glad you joined our tiny little group. And glad you're feeling so good. Sobriety really is great, isn't it? The last couple days I've watched a battle unfold on SR between AAers and the AVRT crowd on a thread about the word "powerless", and thought to myself, who would waste a wonderful day of sobriety arguing about a word? I used to seek out confrontation in my drinking days—now, I just want to be happy and supportive! And maybe twirl a bit around the room...but only after I get home from work tonight.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think some wonderful things are already coming up for you Manz - & who knows what or who is around the next corner

and your ex sounds like a bit of a boofhead anyway

R&A, I have a sneaking suspicion I know what some of us are powerless over

D
Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Amen to everything Dee just said. Keep the faith, Manz. And you already have a very special relationship with your Wee Man (and I bet he appreciates it all the more when he has to share his dad's attentions with a baby).

LOL about the swordplay, Dee! Oh, well. The haters are gonna hate, I guess. Glad I don't have a dog in that fight.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Still on holidays and it's great here except the slowwwww internet. Yes, I've seen lots of camels and will be taking photos in the next few days. Not sure if I'll ride any but we'll see.

Manz / Ready - I guess Itchy has moved on to the > 1 year? I'll have to have a look. Manz, you are sounding really pumped - great to hear!

Hello to Frances and Mr Silver! And I see Chloe is checking in so all good!

Well off to breakfast!

Have a great day/night everyone!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Rosco - have a great rest of your holiday

D