View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Pumpkin Soup

Hi everyone,

Not posted for a couple of days sorry ive been in a wierd sort of place with good and bad things happening - talk about ying and yang! Anyway all is good for me as I am progressing still a day at a time without drinking.

Instant congrats on 150 days and you will get to 6 months no problem. I see that as a major milestone. I know it doesnt mean we are cured and the struggle will always continue but it is something to say you havent had a drink for half a year when you are an alcoholic! In the UK you cannot have a liver transplant unless you have been dry for 6 months. I guess thats another bonus :S

Paddy I am so happy to see you doing so well and feeling happy about it. Thats one of the main obstacles I think - knowing you ought to stop drinking but not really wanting to is unlikely to mean success. Accepting the fact that your drinking days are over and being happy about each sober day achieved is a huge step in the right direction. I do still have the occasional thoughts of "wouldnt it be nice if...." etc etc but I shrug them off with thoughts like well ive had my fair share over the years and now its time for me to grow up. Once upon a time it was fun but in the end it was hell and I know if I went back to it that is where I would end up again and I dont want that. One thing I love more than anything now is to be able to feel proud of myself for my sober time so far and to hold my head high around my family and the few friends that know about my problem.

Im sure I will post before/during the weekend but just in case I dont TP good luck with the marathon - you really are an inspiration. I would love it if I could get hooked to some form of exercise that would improve my fitness - maybe one day.

I also think of the June thread when I see the moon - it seems to have become a reminder for all of us. I love that.

Anna can I come and stay too while the builders are in?