Class Of June 2011 pt 11

we continue from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-21.html

D
Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by WiggleIn View Post
Well I am just checking in like I said I would.

At the library cause I had to leave my home... hubby up in my face, and I left.

Rib-eyes marinating on the counter, sauteed veg and potatoes on the stove... puppy left outside.

I'm not going into the details.... but looking for a counselor as I cannot seem to handle stressful things very well....

Hope everyone is having a good night.
I'm sorry things are so hard right now B. I think counselling might be a good idea - any outside help really.

I hope things start to look better soon

D
Old 10-10-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just checking in everyone.

I am good...no issues with drinking or urges to drink to report.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Pumpkin. The story about the AA member killing herself is just horrible...very sobering - pun intended I suppose.

Paddyb...you are an inspiration for us now...thank you so much for all the hard work that you've put in to get you this far. I really feel that it is a bit of a backwards exponential curve, meaning that it gets easier and easier as you move forward through time.

Wiggle - sorry to hear that you're having a rough weekend. Do what you have to do to get yourself some help. You are the most important thing right now.

I've been doing quite a lot of photography as of late. I bought myself a second camera on Friday...very much an impulse buy but one that has me excited. I've wanted a smaller camera that can travel with me more easily that my huge Nikon. I went into a camera store here the other day and asked to see this very cool camera that came out a few months ago. I didn't expect that they would have one as this camera has a waiting list for it. Well they did have one...till I bought it!

The camera is made by Fuji and so incredibly cool looking.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is a very classy camera Tippingpoint... I really can't wait so see some more beautiful pics from you. Those flowers you posted recently, and the streets with houses.... I still go back to them. Amazing. Oh, and thank you for the kind words... Dee and Tippingpoint.

I am just trying to get by right now....... I really don't know what to do, or what I should even be doing. Feeling very... hollow... right now. These episodes come out every few months, where my husband is extremely verbally abusive (I fear that is the correct term). I have purchased books that I need to read about the subject... I ordered them and started them during the last episode.... but then he became lovable again - of course. So I never finished them, although in the back of my mind I knew I needed to, it just didn't seem "right", like... "what was I thinking buying those books?!"
But I am pretty sure there is some good advice on how to deal/cope with what I am being served. Hopefully the books will help me not feel so hollow I am so sad right now. I am going to continue reading them once I log off SR.

Well, I will probably regret writing this (heads up Dee!) tomorrow.... I have no one to go to right now though, and wanted to vent a bit, without too many details. Sis is out of town, and my mom thinks "life is too short to be miserable" -- other words: DIVORCE -- so I am not going "there" tonight! ...and I do not speak to my friends about relationship probs.......

Oh, and the only reason I came back home is because I have orders to get out from my online shop. But I am locked into my own office and will be OK for the night... unless he breaks the door down again that is.... ANYWAYS I will be around for a bit before I dive into my books.
Love to all, have a good night.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning Ship mates

I am using the lodgers computer as the battery in my laptop is no longer working (cheap ebay replacement) and have returned it for an exchange.

Wow you guys are really pushing me on and giving me that kick i needed and along with AA ( YES HITTING A MEETING EVERY DAY) i have another day sober and 1 about to begin, wow thank you.

I have a plan, the next goals are 10 days, then 2 weeks then 22 days dont ask why 22 days , as even i dont know, then 28 days and the big 30 days which i hope will come on the 1st of Nov. I think the reason i have become stronger is that step 1 say( i have no control over alcohol) well today i do and today i will not drink.

Right off to work and all have a smashing day

Paddy b x
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Paddy slow down I can't keep up.

Wiggle. Keep your self safe. Remember the drop will only give you temporary relief, but it does extract a very high price with compounding interest.

The challenge seems to be getting though the tough times, the good times and in my (current) case any other minor discomfort without alcohol.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

morning day 21. Hi all! Nothing new to report here. Just wanted to say way to go paddy!

Wiggle. I feel your pain with the verbal abuse. I hope that counseling will work for your relationship. I know that my ex and your hubby are two completely different people. That said, I had flashbacks of my terrible relationship when you mentioned him beating down the door. Sounds very familiar as there were multiple times that my ex would not back down even after I tried to just drop it and get away from his name calling and critisisms. He beat down the door, took the door off its hinges, blocked my exits, smashed baby gates inches from my head. At the very end he smacked me and hit me multiple times with his shirt. The button left a nice gash on my chin. Just be warned that if he is agressive with his words that often times can lead to physical violence. I'm so happy that I am out of that stressful environment and think that the main reason I was drinking so heavily was to cope with that stress. I no longer have to walk on eggshells. Anyway. Best wishes to you and I hope that things are better today.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

I have some catching up to do as I haven't been on the computer much the past few days. I wanted to check in and say a big hello -

Wiggle, I am thinking about you, and BBF too (I hated reading that story). I have much disdain for abusive men and am biting my lip - I just want you to always make sure you are safe. I don't know what else to do from here but please know you have people who care. You deserve respect and care. I hope something can help the situation. Maybe it is counseling. Just take care, ok? Be twice as good to yourself.

Things are fine here - actually things at home are ok which makes for a happy Anna. I've been sticking with the gym pretty hard-core and seeing some great results, makes it pretty easy to want to be healthy. BBF I'm making some real switches from animal products. Not planning on going vegan or anything but I tried soy cheese for the first time and it was FINE! I'm eating more tofu and fish. Whatever it is, it's working. And if I can get my husband to eat SOY CHEESE, anything is possible.

Guys you are sounding well. I'll try and check in more this week. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you with a quick note

xo - anna
Old 10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey everybody - just checking in to say I'm alive and kicking.

I wish I had the perfect things to say to those of you having hard times, except that there is always good ahead and I believe as long as you keep your side of the street clean and begin to live straight as you can all things are possible. It might not be perfect, but it is what it is right now. It's nice to see that instead of using a bottle as a crutch we have folks not afraid to come here and just speak their minds and get support. That's what we are all about now, isn't it?

Today Leo the Lion has 137 days - it's piling up so I figured out each Friday is a new week. This Friday will be 20 weeks without booze or ciggs. This group is tough as nails, I can feel it!! Grrrrrrr!!! LOL
Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pumpkin - I am so sorry to hear of your losses. Both were sad to hear in different circumstances. I'm so proud of you for staying so strong.

Paddy - whoop whoop! You are kicking some a$$!

TP - the race is THIS weekend, right? WOW!! IT's gonna be the most amazing day for you. You worked so hard, and you'll be running it, and loving it..from my experience (which is in no way comparable to yours cause you have a great estimated finish time) - the wall happens! Be prepared - GU - Gel - have it handy around 20 miles. You will rock. Running my marathon in 2001 was one of the best days of my life.

I love all of the talk of Wicked - one of my favorite musicals. "The Wizard and I", "For Good", wonderful songs. It's a classic.

BBF - I am so glad you are in a good place. And thanks for the shout-out.

Leo thanks for your words of insight as always. I especially love your quote of "keep your side of the street clean". It's really so true.

and Dee - work on that clean oven. us girls really do go crazy over that stuff.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bratnik View Post

TP - the race is THIS weekend, right? WOW!! IT's gonna be the most amazing day for you. You worked so hard, and you'll be running it, and loving it..from my experience (which is in no way comparable to yours cause you have a great estimated finish time) - the wall happens! Be prepared - GU - Gel - have it handy around 20 miles. You will rock. Running my marathon in 2001 was one of the best days of my life.
Yes! The big moment of reckoning is this coming Sunday! 4 months of training and discipline all boiled down into 3.5 hours of effort. The weather is looking good...just saw a forecast today of sunny and 15 celcius which is just fine by me.

I have to pick up some gel packs this week. I think the plan is to have 1 just before the run and then have 2 more along with me to have at about the 15k and 30k marks. I will also have some advil to take at the same time to keep knee pain etc in check. My plan is to stop running at these points - walk and stretch and take some nutrition on board. I plan on running with a fuel belt that has a pocket for this stuff and I will also have one small 8 ounce water bottle to fill at the water/Gatorade stations as I go. I find it difficult to drink out of those little cups - too much, too fast.

I will be ready for the wall!

Thanks for the support Anna!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just checking in with everyone.

Glad to see your doing well Paddy

Sorry you are struggling Wiggle. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

Good to see everyone I am doing well... will post a bit more later on.

Much love to all
Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I'd like to assure everyone my oven is clean
I'm not really an oven cooker - I've used my current oven 2-3 times in 4 years

Hope everyone is having a good day
D
Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the support... I told my husband tonight that I will be leaving. He doesn't care though, actually laughed when I asked for some emotion from him. Well.... point made. He doesn't care if I am around or not. He will miss the cleaning and cooking and the rare romp (and not to mention my caring for his daughter! I am the go to adult in this house....) I really want to have children of my own, but not with this man. So I will be working on a way out.... he is making this very easy for me. I am not sure why, but I think I am out of tears for this situation. It is going to take time in leaving (my dog and cat are the issue right now) but I don't care. Like I said - I have an office with a lock. And he is not mad or anything, so I doubt he will break the door down again. Oh, and I have my families support, like I said last night, mom has been whispering divorce for a few years...... always listen to your mother!

BlackBird... sounds so familiar. I am so happy you are in a better place. Are you finding yourself again? I feel like I don't even know me anymore. I miss me. I really cannot see my husband getting physically abusive with me.... but I know what you are saying. It talks about the progression of abuse in the books I am reading. Scary stuff. Probably best to get out sooner than later.

Nice to see you brat! And everyone else!

Good night now, I have a terrible sore throat and fever and need to go to bed.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

From my own experience, I think verbal or psychological abuse is just as bad as physical - maybe even worse in a way cos there's nothing tangible about it.

D
Old 10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good Morning All

Been reading post this morning as still no laptop and using lodgers PC.

Day 10 and double figures wow and hitting a meeting every day, as i find people in the rooms are honest, open and in a way understand. I still sit in the corner and dont say much, but i am there taking every thing in my head on board, learning.

Classical: yes sir i am on a roll and hope the hill i am on will NOT flatten out Thank you.

Dee: i have not used my oven either since the big deep clean last sunday, and well if the lodger makes 1 spec of mess in it , his head will roll lol.

TP:if i lived near by, i would be screaming you on from the crowds, 26.1 miles is no easy run and know you will smashed your time, i take my hat off to you and cant wait for you to poSt the time.

Leo: wow no smokes and drink + the days you have been clean. Super work my friend.

P.S Hope all is well for you and your losses.

Runing out of time as have to fly and my arse in gear, as stated in early posts, this little group is growing stronger and thank you for all the support.

One thing said in a meeting i picked up on: if a club was selling all you can drink for a $1.00 in one night, an alcoholic would say can i have $2.00 worth please.

off to shave, shower, look the best i can, and just be nice to every one in my own way today. good luck to all and have a smashing day

Paddyb

Last edited by Paddyb; 10-11-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
instant

OK now October is officially clean oven month in honour of Paddy's 10 days. Great achievement Rory. Every sober day counts for something, or maybe it counts for everything.

It is a full moon tonight or tomorrow. It looks great in the clear evening sky. I now think of the group, sobriety and everything we have been through when I see it. Even thought I feel a bit morose there is something about it.

TP I will be thinking of you on Sunday. Hope you can sleep well in the lead up.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Half way thru the week and feeling pretty good. No crushing urges to drink even as I watch some ball games on TV.

Bought a new oven two weeks ago in lieu of cleaning. Talk about lazy.

The moon was full but in a haze as I drove into work this morning. For some reason the full moon makes me think of the thread when I see it.

Paddyb - Congrats on double digits. Your renewed effort is inspiring.

Wiggle - It is so difficult to make a break after investing so much time in a relationship. Good for you for taking control of your situation.

Blackbird - Wow Katie. You are making great strides and not just in sobriety. Talk about taking control of your situation, you are the poster child.

TP - Nice camara. And all your work coming to bear fruit this weekend. Good luck on the run.

Bratnik - Soy cheese? WTF? I'm sure that will endear your husband to you. He must be one helluvaman.

Classical - I'm not asking you to divulge any information that compromises your project, but can you tell us if your book will be available for purchase during the holidays? My daughters are avid readers and love the genre you are working in. Let me know, if you can.

Push on Juners!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
instant

Classical. I think the AV takes many forms. I am now recognising mental activity that has many of the dame qualities. Sometimes this form of thinking really gets a run, but for me now it does not talk about drinking anywhere near as much. I am trying to identify what "it is really going on about" I think the similarities in the theme are the need for peace and for the world to go away for a while.

I past 150 days yesterday with five calendar months over the next few days. Then on to the big one for me. Six months is my longest period of sobriety previously.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TP - you are gonna rock that marathon. I can't wait to hear about it! Have the time of your life - you will always remember every moment. Why the GU/Gel right away? You don't need it. You will be so (I wanted to say "f'ing" but I'm trying to watch my mouth here) pumped to run - your adrenaline is going to be going SO strong. I say wait with the GU/Gel until you need it, later in the run. Any way - you will kick some serious a$$ and I can't wait to hear about it!!!!!

Wiggle - just be safe. I wish I was closer to you - you can come and stay with me if you need to. (PM if it is necessary) I'm in TX but we have space. Seriously.

So October is Clean Your Oven Month!!! Thanks Paddy!!! Dee, sounds like you need to be making more food!!! (Gahhh...I'm teasing)

xo
anna