Notices

Class Of June 2011 pt 11

Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Regardless, it's better than I could do when I was seventeen and on a high school football team that practiced three hours a day. Good Luck! I hope you obtain your personal achievement award.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
instant

Wonderful photos TP. did you do anything special for the lighting?

Good luck for tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies Blackbird and Pumpkin. I am quite nervous but I am sure it will be fine

Paddy, are you around? how are you doing?
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I just binged... on cookies and chips. I was doing so well with my diet! Back on track tomorrow. 25 days alcohol free. I will take the cookies over the drink anyday. Went back to the Dr. last night. First strep now Bronchitis. My son also has it and I am worried that his is developing into pneumonia . They took x-rays and she said he was all clear, but he is getting worse every day. Taking him back to the doc on monday to see if the medicine is working. Poor little guy has had pneumonia twice already.

Still longing for that hot bath.... shower will have to do.

I am concerned about paddy as well. He is typically a daily poster. whatcha doing paddy?

Love the pics TP. Hope your car was parked while you were taking that most awesome powerline photo! Dont shoot and drive! You look like my high school art teacher. If you had long curly hair I would think it was him in the photo. Nice camera! Good luck running tomorrow.

pumpkin - that meeting had to be a hard one. I hope you got a good night's/morning's rest.

Happy saturday peeps. keep rolling on that sober train. choo choo!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
instant

Katie despite the challenges you are facing you sound very strong. Whist I have slowed down on the chocolate I still eat a lot. I think my body is still adjusting and we used to take in a lot of energy for our body in the form of alcohol.

Hope the bugs clear up and you get your bath
Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

thanks instant. Today I am stuggling for some reason unknown. I am eating a lot of crap. I call it "eating my feelings". I just texted my sister so she could intervene. I used to take in at least 1000 cals per day in alcohol alone.

Tomorrow will be better.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Just checking in on Saturday night. Going to be soon to be sure to get a good sleep before the run tomorrow. I too am worried about our friend Paddy - post a note when you can buddy!

Our dog Angus - I posted some pictures of him - yellow lab. Anyway...he's not doing too well. My wife just took him to an emergency clinic to get him checked out. He's been really slowing down as of late. He had cancer about 18 months ago but survived that. He has bad arthritis now. Through its all he remains such a good boy. I hope that he is okay but I will also be okay if it is the end of the line for him too...he doesn't owe us anything. If it is his time I am good with that.

Thanks for all the support for my big run guys...I really appreciate it. The weather is looking a bit brutal...hopefully it isn't completely miserable.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Tipping your are probably on the start line. My Sunday is winding up. I have been relaxing. I went for a bike ride then a walk and coffee with my wife. So ordinary, so good. That the sense of struggle and alcohol fading from my thoughts is the part I appreciate the most. I am about to crank up the BBQ. It is not yet warm enough to eat out on the deck.

Of course Paddy has been in my thoughts. It is a very personal journey no matter what our level of support. I will not drink today and I am thankful I can say that.

Power on TP.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR ate my post LOL - good luck today TP

hope everyone else is having a great weekend

D
Old 10-16-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good luck TP - im rubbish about the time differences but you could be running now or perhaps its over.

BBF I think its ok to eat your feelings now and then - better than drowning them.

I am having little bursts of feeling Christmassey as it begins to feel a bit wintry now and then. Again I feel almost childlike its going to be a new experience without centreing everything around getting sloshed.

I had my first "Non drinking" dream last night. I was at a rock festival concert and I was driving and just happily explaining to people that I dont drink anymore but that I am fine and happy and still enjoying myself. Quite a breakthrough in the dream department! There was alot of cream cakes in it too haha. Hopefully the slim and healthy dreams will come soon

Im missing my Sunday meeting which starts in 5 minutes - being 100% honest its down to lazyness I could easily have got my act together and got ready in time but I decided to have a restful day. I need to make sure I dont get too complacent just because I dont want to drink anymore (so it seems as of late) doesnt mean I should stop working at it. I did do alot of work on my step 4 yesterday and only have a few bits left to do on the part I am on. Its a good job I have a committment to my Friday meetings so I have to go to at least one a week. I do feel ok with it but so many people who have been sober years still do 2/3/4 sometimes more meetings a week so I feel somewhere perhaps I am not doing enough? Then again I know some who only do a meeting once every few months. I am on here nearly every day so I think that pumps up my soberometer as well. I guess I just get scared by seeing those who have gone back to drinking, and the lady who killed herself, and they often say well its cos they stopped going to meetings or werent doing the "work". In one way or another I want to do some "work" to keep my sobriety every day - as well as just not drinking.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone (or Monday as it is for you now Instant - I think).
Old 10-16-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Im sure Paddy will post when he is ready. I know during many of my attempts to give up over the past few years when I went back off into lala land/denial/gave up trying to give up - I did not go to meetings or come on this site. It was the wrong thing to do I know but nobody could tell me different I am just very grateful I somehow managed to have the sense to do something different that got me where I am now.

It would be great to hear from you Paddy no matter how things are or perhaps just let us know you are ok but dont feel like posting for a while. Maybe all is ok and he is just busy being sober. Unfortunatley the nature of this illness will mean alot of people will struggle and some may never make it. All we can do is share our experiences and gee each other along the best we can. You made it to double digit days paddy and you can do so again - try not to let that AV convince you its a nice/good thing to go back to - one day soon you will realise its really not worth the tiny bit of pleasure/relief you get from it.

Can I order a signed copy of your book Warren - I will of course pay the going rate and shipping fees - I will recommend it to as many people as I know A signed first edition copy will be worth something in years from now and an investment or heirloom for my grandchildren perhaps I hope that isnt too cheeky of me?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

me too classical? I am so looking forward to reading this work of yours.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well. I am letting my spine show a little more every day.

I was supposed to drop off the kids to B at 930. I was there at 930. I Called B as I was pulling up in the drive. He wanted me to either go to the store for him, or wait to drop the kids until he was done at the store. Typically I bend over backwards for him. I simply said "no" on both accounts and when he protested I said that if I can lug the kids to the store you can too. Of course this makes me the bad guy. He flipped me off twice and told me that he was happy I left. Guess what? I am happy I left too. jerk. He called twice and I ignored the calls.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello all! Run is done and it was really f'ing hard!

I had a great start to the race - 1:38 at the half - beats my fastest half from two years ago by 2 minutes.

On the back half of the run the wind really started to blow and it got cold and hard. With 10k left in the race I got cramping in both my calfs. I had to stop a lot to stretch and massage them till the cramping subsided.

Up till this point I had been looking at a finish time of about 3 hours and 20 minutes which was my pie in the sky target that I had made for myself but never really talked about with anyone. My public goal was 3 hours 29 minutes.

In a flash my focus stopped being about maintaining the pace required to get to 3:20 and it became all about survival!

I did survive and I finished under my public goal with a time of 3 hours, 27 minutes and 27 seconds.

I finished in 537th place out of 4869 participants. I was 90th for my age group - M40-44.

It was a good day.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates,

I am glad to hear you did well with the run TP. How is your dog doing?

Good for you for standing up to B Katie!!! Some people think we owe them the world, its pathetic.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a great week.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuesday24 View Post
Hello Classmates,

I am glad to hear you did well with the run TP. How is your dog doing?

Good for you for standing up to B Katie!!! Some people think we owe them the world, its pathetic.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a great week.
Whatever is wrong with Angus appears to be intermittent. They think that it is his back...possibly a tumor that is pushing on a nerve or a slipped disc or something like that. This makes sense to me because he was fine one minute and then unable to walk the next minute. They gave us some stronger pain killers and he's been fine since.

So, I guess we cross our fingers and hope for the best.

He had a great day today. My wife had a baby shower at our place and he was able to swipe two cup cakes!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad Angus feels better - and congrats on your race TP
Keep that spine showing Katie

D
Old 10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I am glad Angus is feeling better. Our animals seem to dig their way into our hearts and are a member of the family. I know that is how I feel about my dog. I bet he enjoyed those cupcakes.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Paddy is here.

I picked up on Weds evening and just drank till sunday night, i have failed. I had 10 days under me belt and felt super, Monday Morning 4.30am and drinking coffee and feeling Pissed of with me self, drinking just aint worth it. Why did i start drinking!!! had a major bust up with my son whos 19 yrs old and he squared up to me, it was my mums birthday Friday and she would of been 67 yrs old and passed away in 2003, the police where at my door because of my son playing up and getting him self in trouble(he lives on his own) and cant look after him self, always getting into trouble.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey paddy

I don't think you've failed at all. Each time you start again you get longer and longer stretches.

I really think you're on the cusp of getting it - nows the time to press forward, not slacken off

D