Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 8

Old 08-25-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Lookin' good pumpkin!

Congrats on the milestone Leo...way to go!

Bratnik - you'll do fine. Be confident.

Dylan - hello...stop by anytime!

PapaNico - was sorry to hear that you had a little bump in the road...you were cruising along. No worries though. Get back on track. I for one don't look at my "experiment" on that Thursday night as starting over. I still think of June 13th as the day that I began on this voyage. Having those beers that night doesn't mean that all the time I put in was for nothing. Keep it going!

I'm not sure if I posted this shot before...don't think so. It's not new, but I do like it.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey Sweetnovember....I see you....where have you been?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Tippingpoing - I LOVE the last pic. It so reminds me of my home town. You have such a great eye.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Wow - what a great day of posts! Pictures and all!

Ha, ha, ha Pumpkin Soup - how ironic - I think you took us all off guard with your picture. Like Bratnik said "hot". You are a beauty! Even if you've put some weight on, I don't know if I put it on this thread or another one, but people see your smile and your glow. You have that - run with it. It's nice to see a face with all the wisdom you have. I figured you were in your 70's based on all that wisdom!!! :rotfxko Great news on your daughter's grade. Proud Mama!

Stream - I love the pictures of you with your daughter fishing. I remember fishing with my Dad. We didn't get to do it very often, so I treasure the moments. And salmon fishing nonetheless - lucky kid! And lucky Dad, too! Enjoy every single moment!

Blackbird - I'm glad you enjoyed your moment of nature today. There are so many things to be appreciated with the eye. If you ever have a chance, watch the PBS special on hummingbirds - they are an amazing little bird. You sound very upbeat today - good for you.

Bratnik - go kick some butt! Find some clothes, first - you crack me up! That is great news, though. I think you have every one here rooting for you.

And to the rest of the "gang" - we're almost at the end of another week, I think overall...every one is doing a great job this week. Every one has been great support for each other, and we've also enjoyed sharing some of the most treasured moments of our lives. Videos, pictures, experiences. This is a great family!

I gotta get some more work done...what a long day! Hugs and love!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really like your pics TP...and your neighbourhood

D
Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, TP - I agree with Dee - what a beautiful neighborhood you live in! Good for you!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

It seems in my neighbourhood, that the houses get progressively bigger and nicer with each street. My house is a couple streets south of where this picture was taken. Actually, I think I took a similar shot the same night but on my street...let me see here...

It's a great old neighbourhood...sort of central Toronto. I'm only about a block from Yonge St. which is the famous street that shoots right up the middle of Toronto and divides the city into it's East and West hemispheres. The yards are tiny...my lot is just 25 feet wide. All the houses were originally built in the early part of the century. Most are still original at their core but then people do additions and different things to get more living space out of them...every house is certainly unique. The trade off is that very few houses have garages (if they do they cost a fortune) and you have to deal with all the upkeep of an old house. I love it though. If we moved out to one of the suburbs we could have a lot more for the same money but we would never do it.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi! wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURES! tp wonderful photography. Yes yes. Can I live on your block?

strmwdr- You have THE widest smile. (not camel-ey at all) I have ever seen in a photo. I used to love fishing as a kid. Now i'd probably freak out. You can tell that you are happy. helping your youngest with her salmon. mmmm. salmon.

pumpkin. You are gorgeous. I do not know why, but I pictured you diffferently, maybe older. with short grey hair. please forgive me!!!! Seeing the picture, You remind me of me. This is probably coming out all wrong. You remind me of me in more than just images. Funny thing about weight gain is that it can be un-done. I guess in general... beautiful!

Here is to the new season. Love it!

Not that short grey hair is wrong!!!! by any means. Everyone is beautiful.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
instant

Goodness guys. I am so happy to be part of this group.

Friday evening , my old danger period. I am warm and comfortable after a stressful day. My daughter fed me home made pizza and I am now OK.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

12.00 and I am taking a lunch break!

Lots happening today and so far, going well!!!

Pumpkin, can your daughter re-take her German speaking? What does she want to do when finishing her A-Levels?

I love all the pictures, albums the lot!!! TP, amazing, absolutely amazing!!!

Ok, lunch has pinged and the tea is ready! Great group!

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

My May class has been quiet, so I've been lurking on your class, as you know.

Nice pictures Tipping Point.

Your exactly how I imagined you, Pumpkin Soup.

I'm working on your avatar, Instant.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I just checked the sobriety calendar ... 61 days!!! Woop Woop!!!

Thanks to you all!!!

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I have added a very tired looking me to my album! I am not sure if we have to be friends to see it. I'll probably remove it soon but I like seeing what we all look like,

so, there I am in Krakow!

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Blackbird - funny you said this:
Not that short grey hair is wrong!!!! by any means. Everyone is beautiful.
When we type things in black and white, sometimes it may "sound" different than what we mean. But, I think we are all getting to know each other enough here that we know nothing is stated in a harsh manner. When you sit downd and talk with them and see their facial expressions and hear their voice, it makes a big difference. This is very one dimensional here, so I find myself, too, thinking....oh...that didn't get put down right. But, I always figure every one here knows I mean well. And Blackbird, I saw you, too, my dear - and you are a doll. I llike sober Blackbird more - you look vibrant, as I'm sure you do now. Funny part is we all look at our imperfections. I have a crappy complexion - runs in my family, I have horribly thin hair - thank you Grandma...I love you. I'm flat as a surfboard (learned that is a bonus in the summer!). But, you know what, none of that matters to me like it did when I was younger. I know there is more to me than the superficial stuff that our society has rammed down our throats. Like my sister-in-law always says (she is part Native Indian and a beautiful head of hair, yet she's pale from the Irish side of her Dad...how crazy), any waywhen I ask her if I can have some of her hair, she always says, sure, but you get to take some of these lbs with it, and in return, your long legs, and tiny butt. So, we all see our flaws, but funny part is, no one else sees them if we have a good attitude. That goes for the guys here, too. Appreciate who you are, and what you think are flaws. No one else sees them if you have spirit.

Oh, and need a favor of all of you again. My brother lives east of Richmond, Va by about 30 miles, and is in the line of Hurricane Irene. For all those in its path, please pray to God or to your higher power of choice that every one is okay. Mother nature is full of beauty, but she can also come with some serious punch.

TP - Yonge St. - I remember how that is laid out in Toronto. I can't say enough how great a city Toronto is. When my hubby and I were there in the last 7 or 8 years, we just loved how safe it was. Now I know all cities have their areas to avoid. But, to see people out walking the streets at night and enjoying the nightlife was wonderful. During the day, every thing is so busy. I'm a country bumpkin, but when I want culture, I love Toronto. We hope to go there again, maybe this winter. Need to slap those skates on again, and put a couple bruises on my bum! I hope we can hit some good entertainment went there. And boy did it make me smile to hear of your appreciation for the old neighborhoods. They have history. Beautiful! Keep posting those pictures. And I want to PM you on a couple cameras I'm looking at. Just want your advice.

Well, HAPPY FRIDAY WORLD! Hugs and love to every one. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Great post Buelah!!!

You made me laugh with the "flat as a surfboard" line.

I have to find a picture of Nathan Phillips Square for you still. I'll do that tonight maybe. Absolutely send me a note about cameras...not only am I happy to help but I really do love it. Even if they're cameras that I'm not familiar with I get off on doing the research.

Bratnik - I forgot to comment on your camera...Canon EOS - likely a digital Rebel of sorts. Those are great little cameras! That camera can perform every trick in the book...if you know how to use it. I'll try and see if I can find an online primer that can get you thinking about taking control of that camera...aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc. Putting that camera into it's manual mode and creating good exposures is a liberating experience that you can do.

Gotta get to work now...bye!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Oh, I failed to mentioned, I got my sweetness from my Mom, and my chest from my Dad. Yes, I can laugh at myself.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your brother Buelah - and for everyone here either in the path themseelves or with loved ones affected.

D
Old 08-26-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Good Morning my adopted family -

Happy Friday! Isn't it funny that for us, Fridays can almost be looked upon with a little haste instead of celebration?

TP that first picture you posted reminded me of a fantasy holiday village. Sooo beautiful, it was really breathtaking. And your neighborhood has so much charm and character, I LOVE it! And thanks for the info on the camera!! I'll let you know when I get it out.

Does anyone like blues here? I like everything and the other day in Starbucks there was a song playing that I had to look up (thank you starbucks app on iphone) - the artist is Keb Mo and he has a beautiful voice. He's not crazy rock out blues but I think that I would consider it to be blues. Anyway, I've been listening to him lately. It's very easy and pleasant.

Classical - hell yeah I'll take the pledge.

I, Bratnik-Anna will not drink this the weekend of August 27th, 2011.

Beulah - I will most definitely say a prayer for your family. THis sounds very scary. My huz and I were talking last night, we don't know what we would do if we were still in NYC right now??

More later. Looking forward to a day with my Juners.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buelah View Post
Oh, I failed to mentioned, I got my sweetness from my Mom, and my chest from my Dad. Yes, I can laugh at myself.
Made me laugh again...stop it!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

oh and also, I'm pretty bad with technology but my husband is good. Have you ever heard of Spotify? It's an application on the internet that allows you to listen to complete albums of artists, as opposed to something like Pandora that only allows you to select stations that play a mix of similar music to the artist you choose. Sorry if I am suggesting something totally known to the world..but it's so great!

Well this morning I am on my patio with coffee writing to my batch of favorite people and listening to Barbra Streisands brand new album (yes I love Babs). There is pretty much any album you can ask for at your disposal. I think it is a nominal fee of $10 or something but it's so cool.