Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 8

Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

me too!!!! At least now we know where we both stand on our terrible senses of humor

Stream -------.>:ghug3
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

I love that camel. I laugh every time I see your avatar. It's precious.

Years ago, in Sicily, I was at an outdoor market and a vendor had a couple camels.(Why?) So my buddies and I were staring at these animals when one of them spits a big ole gob of camel snot right on my crotch. I swear, camel snot is like super glue. I have never been a guy that has had any luck sweeping women off thier feet, but trust me, you don't stand much of a chance impressing the Italian babes when you have a gob of camel snot hanging off your zipper.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

That was the most hilarious story I have heard in ages! I am still laughing typing this!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

You two are killing me! You know...we are all very lucky here. There are some great stories of people's world travels. I have never left the states, and I'm happily jealous for those of you that have. What a great experience....well minus the camel snot on your fly.

Seriously, though....we all need to hear these stories. I've had some great outdoors experiences, but the world travels fascinate me. I think that's super!

Good Lord....I'll be having nightmares about some guy having snot on his zipper. Thanks a heck of a lot....I'm locking the camper tonight.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Ok, I can't get this image out of my head! eeew gag.
Stream, your sure that's a true story???? LOL.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Food for thought

If you don't change direction you may end up where you are headed.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Thought for food

:day6What you live with you practice, the more you practice the more you will become.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I remember something I heard at an AA meeting about having to 'fake it to make it.' It really worked for me, I began to pretend that I was this that or whatever it was and yep, it made a huge difference. Long term ago now!

Classical, what blog do you mean? A professional blog? I enjoy reading blogs, mini-escapes into other people's worlds. There are some beautiful writers working hard to think, entertain and create. Blogging is a wonderful art-form.

It can also be hard to read other people's work. Right now, my biggest fear about the next three days is that I don't have enough knowledge. But I can only be me. I am not going to wait any longer till I think I am ready. That will never happen. I am ready now.

Why did I want to be a battlefield guide?

1) Because I love being in the open
2) Because I love historical research
3) Because I love historical insight
4) Because I love telling stories and there is something deep inside that, something spiritual, that means I have to learn about those who were living and tell their stories.

And I could have all the knowledge in the worls, know every fact but it would never change the liberation, stimulation and fulfillment I get, when I stand at a soldier's grave and tell what I have learnt of his life, his family and his final days. That is my life's task, to remember and to tell.

You are all amazing people, I feel the same for you like I feel for my gf, in that there is no way I could ever express what you mean to me.

You are all brilliant!

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
instant

I'm ready to take a pledge that goes longer than a day !! I'm in for the rest of the weekend.

Beulah love the pod, I'm jealous. My wife hates driving holidays. I bought a wagon a few years ago so we could drive to Ayers rock, then they all said no !!

Bratnik having recently discovered the benefits of playlists on youtube I will check out the music site. It is clear that the future of distribution is in the cloud!! If I did not have teenagers I would be lost.

It's Saturday morning here guys. Just about to take my daughter to netball. I got through Friday night. In truth I was a bit bored so I went to bed early. I never seriously considered drinking but there was a hole there.

I am not sure what the next step in my recovery is. I am waiting for a few books from Amazon on Mindful Recovery and other stuff. They must be on the slow boat or got caught up with Somali pirates.

I use a Mac Book to post here. It is new and I am not really all that literate, with photos etc. I now have a wireless network. It stopped working and it took me ages to figure I had pressed the wrong button. I will put a few photos in my album this weekend.

I also have a three metre rubbish bin to fill !!

Wishing you all sober fun and frolics for the next few days.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Oh yes, thanks Instant, I forgot there was a pledge. I too will take that pledge not to drink this weekend.

Of course, Classical, I have a pledge never to drink again! Don't let me forget.

Childlike, I was excited by the thought it was Saturday morning in Australia. How wonderful. But what about all those between Australia and the UK-Atlantic-Canada and the South Seas? I know they have AA but SR?

I'm nervous, I should just go to bed but I am missing my gf and home alone. Bit sad really!

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome serinity4u2have

D
Old 08-26-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone.

Loads of great posts again and ive finally had a peep at some photos some of you have put in albums on your profiles. I couldnt see yours though Chimp - ive sent a friend request now. You are all beautiful people, outside and in

Its been a long tough day at work but now I have 10 days off - I should be happy and excited but im soooooo tired I have no idea what im going to do. I got in from work, plonked on the sofa for half an hour then had to go lie down and slept till nearly 9. Then got up cooked dinner and we obviously ate really late and now im back on the sofa again just trying to stay up a decent enough time for dinner to go down before I go back to bed.

I spoke to my doctor on the phone today (I coudnt get an appointment and he is away a while from next week) and I am going back on the anti-depressants. He said because I have had previous episodes of depression I have to commit to stay on the medication for at least two years after I feel better. Im ok with that as long as I can get some energy back and start to function normally again. Im really not myself and its taken me this long to realise it - its all for the best though I think and despite being tired I feel a glimmer of hope for a much better future. I did crave a drink during the time when I got in from work and was staring into space on the sofa. I dont crave that often but sometimes its awful when you get a really strong one from nowhere. I missed my meeting too.

So a break from work, as much sleep as I like most days is going to be in order and hopefullly a return of some energy to tackle some of the things ive been putting off forever!

Im in on the pledge too

Anyone heard from Bee? I know there are others who havent been around for a while as well but since we have been posting pics its reminded me of her. Where are you Bee? I hope you are ok and happy.

Chimp I didnt realise (or remember probably) that you were going to AA as well. How long have you been going? Are you doing many meetings regular - got a sponsor and doing the steps? Oh poo thats just reminded me I forgot to ring my sponsor tonight as well - its gone midnight now so will have to wait till tomorrow.

Going to the cinema tomorrow - youngest is going to see Glee (yuk) with a load of other 12 year old girls - me and Hollie are going to see The Inbetweeners (yay) - pretty sure that will perk me up - cant beat a good laugh.

Im sorry im not remembering what people have been talking about much in todays stuff (except camel goo on Streams fly) - did I mention im tired :S
Old 08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I'm going to be really honest. I am terrified of waking up tomorrow and getting to this exhibition. It is a huge step out of my comfort zone, huge. But I don't know why, what have I got to loose? Teaching was ****! Just be myself, smile and do my best.

Been a hell of a night in my hone town, city centre evacuated, suspect packages all over the place, a fire and now more 'suspicious activity' at the cricket ground. Madness!

Love to you all,

Chimp!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure you'll do great Chimp

D
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Chimp you are gonna kick some serious a$$!!!! You have alot of positive power from all of us behind you!!! Knock em dead!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Ugg I wanted to drink all night. Luckily I was busy with my sister and grocery shopping. I completely forgot about he booze aisle though, and was mad at myself in the car for it too! But I am too lazy to go to another store, so I just went home trying to think of all the reasons why I need to be sober. Good thing for the lazies.

So I just finally got home and needed to workout but it just didn't seem like fun (not that it ever really is) but being I have worked so hard on fighting my AV today I decided to eat food. The opposite of working out! Now I feel bad.... oh well. At least I don't feel like drinking anymore.

Chimp, you will do great! You have been working so hard, we are all very proud and excited for you! Just try to relax and get some rest. I know it will be hard to do, I am a VERY anxious person, especially if going to be out of my comfort zone. Do you have a book you can read and nod off too? I am currently drinking some strange concoction I got from Trader Joe's - supposed to calm you down. I think it is working.

Pumpkin, I bet movie night will be fun! Hope it kicks your energy/mood up a notch! Not that you seem moody - but I know how being exhausted all the time can make you feel. I was severely depressed for almost 2 years and didn't realize it the entire time! A bummer for sure. And btw, I can't remember much from today's posts right now except for the camel snot either lol.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice Friday/Saturday.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Another thing that isn't a good idea to drink...Red Bull. Grabbed one on impulse when I was picking up steaks tonight. Drank it and felt odd for about 90 minutes. Felt like I was cheating.

Oh well. Lesson learned.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

For Beulah...not the best pic. I found it among a bunch I took of my kids skating. I did a little post processing work on it and now I kind of like it.

Hope it takes you back to Toronto Beulah!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

One more from that day that I gave the same "treatment" as the first shot.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:45 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good luck today Chimp, be strong and when you reach back home, sit and think YES i did it. Again Good luck and make a killing